Jose Canseco Hair Transplant With Dr. Mohebi

pkipling

Jose Canseco made his upcoming hair transplant with Dr. Mohebi public over the weekend. His surgery will take place this upcoming Wednesday, October 19th, and we'll be showcasing this all on Dr. Mohebi's Snapchat as well.

This is another step in the right direction of helping remove the negative stigma surrounding hair transplants and giving another platform to a procedure that can help countless men in their battle with MPB.

Stay tuned for the Snapchat Schedule where we'll document his procedure this week!

5b32ef63875a7_JoseCansecoTwitter.jpg.b10dfcf3b2a2fe910502b5719a65b5ae.jpg

Edited by pkipling

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Happening now on Snapchat...

IMG_5873.thumb.jpg.436247a97bc97a04ed41c696b2231a82.jpg

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

I'd be curious to know what Canseco's current hair looks like and what his goals are. I've not seen him in quite a few years now, but he always had incredibly thick, lush hair whenever I saw him. I'd of never thought he'd run into any issues.

Jose_Canseco_2009.jpg

I'd be curious to know what Canseco's current hair looks like and what his goals are. I've not seen him in quite a few years now, but he always had incredibly thick, lush hair whenever I saw him. I'd of never thought he'd run into any issues.

Jose Canseco the baseball player? Of all people. Well I am stumped! He would be the least of us to actually opt for a hair transplant given his rather thick hair. I believe his nationality is Cuban but of Mediterranean extraction. Usually Mediterraneans have excellent hair. In any case he has the money to afford any doctor. Lucky.

Today I saw recent pictures of Jose Canseco. What is odd about them is that he does not appear to be in need of any transplants as far as I can tell. He seems to have a full head of hair. Very strange.

As for Mr. Mohebi I did take the time to look over his work. He does not seem to have many before-and-after pictures on his website. Is he by any chance relatively new to the practice?

Ok so that means he's been wearing a piece or partial for all these years, otherwise can't see why he'd be having a HT.

Jose it ain't so.... lol

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

As for Mr. Mohebi I did take the time to look over his work. He does not seem to have many before-and-after pictures on his website. Is he by any chance relatively new to the practice?

He has over 60 before-and-after pictures on his website - how many do you need?

He has been a recommended Dr here for years.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• Administrators
635913131677123063-Canseco.jpg

I can tell a big difference from when he was young, whether or not his hair loss was bad enough to have surgery is subjective, I'm sure if you always had thick luscious hair like he did and you started to lose it you'd feel bad, you could tell hair loss affected him because in his recent years he always wore a hat.

px3tg3W.jpg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I can tell a big difference from when he was young, whether or not his hair loss was bad enough to have surgery is subjective, I'm sure if you always had thick luscious hair like he did and you started to lose it you'd feel bad, you could tell hair loss affected him because in his recent years he always wore a hat.

Yeah well I highly doubt he will ever achieve the same hair density as he did 25 years ago no matter what doctor he consults with. If we all could I would stop complaining in life, I tell you.

Today I saw recent pictures of Jose Canseco. What is odd about them is that he does not appear to be in need of any transplants as far as I can tell. He seems to have a full head of hair. Very strange.

Hey Milo! Here's a link to lots of Before and After pictures on Dr. Mohebi's website. Hopefully that helps. :)

I'll be updating the Jose Canseco procedure early next week, complete with video. :cool:

Hey Milo! Here's a link to lots of Before and After pictures on Dr. Mohebi's website. Hopefully that helps. :)

I'll be updating the Jose Canseco procedure early next week, complete with video. :cool:

Thank you for the link pkipling.

It would be insightful if you could update Conseco's procedure periodically. Very nice.

• 4 weeks later...

Yea.. I just googled. It's a little noticeable. Especially to him, if you're used to having full hair your whole life. I guess he plans to nip it in the bud. Can't blame him.

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Finasteride daily, since 2014

Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)

Yeah, I'd like to see some good photos of this procedure. Cant find anything really clear. I did watch the video. Few things that I thought:

1. Dr Mohebi went fairly conservative with him. Obviously the doc dod a miniaturization test on him so he knows what is right for him, but he really dodnt go any more aggressive then say, James Nesbit went. Possibly a touch but not much, so Jose will have to shave the front widows peak or keep it til it goes. With a good enough back drop of transplanted hair, he will probably be ok. I think it will serve.him well in the long run.

2. I was surprised to "kind of" see that has a decent area covered in the crown. I've never seen a bald spot on him, so I imagine that maybe he used some concealer back there? Who knows.

3. I'm not a doc, but I believe that Jose has CVG, like I do. It is a scalp condition that has been documented to occur from steroid use, but you can get in without using it too. I found it interesting but his is pretty mild (little less that Terry Crews) so it doesnt really seen to effect his appearance, even with a shaved head.

4. Jose has a twin brother, Ozzie. If he ever needs more grafts he can borrow from his bro. Thats pretty lucky if his bro is willing.

5. Jose is still jacked. I wonder if he is on fin. I doubt it, but it would be interesting to know if this was discussed.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I've made a new thread updating this case with all the videos I have thus far. A video with the final results will be released soon. :cool:

Update on Jose Canseco Hair Transplant with Dr. Mohebi - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients