Best FUE Surgeons?

In the US, for my money its Diep or Konior.

That's what I have been coming up with in research too, Diep is about 10 he drive from me, so I may go down that route, would not have to deal with the awkward airport security after surgery.

TSA should let you through without any problem with a simple doctor's note. The state where you live should not be the deciding factor on which US doctor is best for FUE.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

TSA should let you through without any problem with a simple doctor's note. The state where you live should not be the deciding factor on which US doctor is best for FUE.

I am certainly aware. But with my research, I have come to the same conclusions amongst those 2 doctors, so why would I not pick the one whom is closer?

I've had two surgeries ($5 per graft) in North/South Carolina and each time the airport was not an issue after surgery. I wore one of those surgical caps to the airport. TSA never had an issue and I didn't have to remove it at the airport through security. Keep a doctors note handy if anyone questions you at the airport. Shouldn't be an issue. Good luck.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

That's what I have been coming up with in research too, Diep is about 10 he drive from me, so I may go down that route, would not have to deal with the awkward airport security after surgery.

even better, distance shouldn't be a deterrent, as others have touched on it's a minor inconvenience. If there is a better ht to be had elsewhere then don't be afraid to travel. That said, if you can find one of the best and he's in your backyard it's a no brainer to at least meet him and see how you like him. I went to Dr Hasson for that reason, same city but ultimately I will have to travel as the way they handle fue at their clinic didn't work for me. Diep is the leader on my short list at the moment. Had to pass on Konior, waiting list was too long but you may be more patient than I am.

even better, distance shouldn't be a deterrent, as others have touched on it's a minor inconvenience. If there is a better ht to be had elsewhere then don't be afraid to travel. That said, if you can find one of the best and he's in your backyard it's a no brainer to at least meet him and see how you like him. I went to Dr Hasson for that reason, same city but ultimately I will have to travel as the way they handle fue at their clinic didn't work for me. Diep is the leader on my short list at the moment. Had to pass on Konior, waiting list was too long but you may be more patient than I am.

Yeah I looked at Hasson and Rahal as well, but the FUE does not seem to be their strong points. I think they both would do a fine job, but I wanted to find someone who specializes in it and I have seen very impressive hairlines by Diep. I am set on FUE as I am in the military and need to be able to keep my hair short.

Yeah I looked at Hasson and Rahal as well, but the FUE does not seem to be their strong points. I think they both would do a fine job, but I wanted to find someone who specializes in it and I have seen very impressive hairlines by Diep. I am set on FUE as I am in the military and need to be able to keep my hair short.

that was my feelings exactly. I do believe both H&W and Rahal will both get excellent fue results but that their speciality was fut and that they had techs doing a lot of the heavy workload was enough to sway me away from them. I too wanted somebody who had a largely fue based clinic and was more hands on. That's why Diep is on the top of my list but I got some Euro options as well, if you want fue and will travel the Belgians are at the top of the fue food chain with Diep imo. Bisanga, Feriduni, Lupanzula, DeVroye, Mwamba all warrant a look but i'd start with Diep and explore only if you need to.

• 2 months later...

If you want to take a trip to Los Angeles, come see the surgeon I went with- Dr. Mohebi! He wrote books on FUE, invented technology for it, and serves on the board. I literally did over a year of research on the guy before coming to a conclusion of wanting to even do a consultation. Obv, worked out great!

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Finasteride daily, since 2014

Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)

I personally think the Europeans have the market when it comes to fue . And for me if your wanting a purely doctor hands on surgery then it has to be lupanzula , or if your willing to go with a more tech based surgery and doctor performing the slits and designs then Lorenzo or erdogan are definitely a viable option

• 1 month later...
I personally think the Europeans have the market when it comes to fue . And for me if your wanting a purely doctor hands on surgery then it has to be lupanzula , or if your willing to go with a more tech based surgery and doctor performing the slits and designs then Lorenzo or erdogan are definitely a viable option

How long of a waiting list do these surgeons typically have. I would consider Europe if it substantially better, how are the cost comparisons?

Hi Wibbles180,

Does Dr. Lupanzula do all the extractions and graft placement himself? What part of the surgery are the techs involved in?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

How long of a waiting list do these surgeons typically have. I would consider Europe if it substantially better, how are the cost comparisons?

We talked about European FUE clinic prices in this thread below.

Dr Lorenzo and Dr. Feriduni have the longer waiting lists, Bisanga and Erdogan (ASMED) have waiting lists most times of the year at a few months out so are easier to book with.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185092-best-affordable-place-surgery-europe.html

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

Hi Wibbles180,

Does Dr. Lupanzula do all the extractions and graft placement himself? What part of the surgery are the techs involved in?

There is a former patient advisor of your first doctor that has information on his personal website as he represents him. I don't think we are allowed to say his name but I am sure you can tell who I am talking about. Dr Lupanzula does all of the extractions and slits himself but not sure about graft placement.

Ah! I think I saw one of those videos previously before I knew who this doc was, got it thanks for the heads up man.

I know he doesn't post here anymore, but wonder what happened to the extent that we can't even mentioned JoT's name ?! Curious..

go dense or go home

Ah! I think I saw one of those videos previously before I knew who this doc was, got it thanks for the heads up man.

I know he doesn't post here anymore, but wonder what happened to the extent that we can't even mentioned JoT's name ?! Curious..

It didn't end pretty there was some kind of falling out with the higher ups on here we never got the whole story. If you check history on here it may be in there.

• Administrators

He started a thread saying that he was vetting Dr. Vories to be potentially recommended by him, as you know Dr. Vories is a recommended doctor here, I think the administrators took offense to this because they felt that he was insinuating his vetting process is more extensive and thorough. I believe also at the time his website didn't cross promote this forum. Things got nasty as qualifications were thrown in to question so on and so forth, at the end the individual made a thread saying he was leaving and the administrators erased his profile. Most guys sided with the individual but I don't, I think what he was doing was clearly undermining the website whether it was his intention or not. If I owned the site and I saw someone undermining my site and using my site to promote himself and not do the same for me I'd be pissed to. I think it could've been handled better in private but after following some of the posts it was clear that egos got hurt on both sides. As a result, Dr. Kardeniz withdrew his recommendation to side with the individual, now he's no longer recommended here, by the individual, or IAHRS bad move on his part.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the followup Jon86 and HTsoon.

Sounds like the ego battle of the century, kind of glad I missed all the drama.;)

Had wondered why he didn't recommend HRN on his site, now I know.

go dense or go home

I am certainly aware. But with my research, I have come to the same conclusions amongst those 2 doctors, so why would I not pick the one whom is closer?

Most doctors have preferences and confidence given the patient's history, expectations and goals, and characteristics. Some use their skill set and instrumentation, but not all top doctors are equally graded. Some remain within a certain degree of difficulty and must pass on cases. Looking at the results, out of the top 15 in the world, none perform exactly the same although they may use fewer grafts for more coverage.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

So, thus far my research indicates the best surgeons for my needs. I am 29 probably Norwood

III. Trying to hang on with Propecia 5 mg. Going to start dermarolling and Minoxidil over the next few months over the crown area.

Dr Erdogan

Does amazing work densely packing the hairline.

Uses a cookie cutter approach of 4500 grafts regardless of young age or lower Norwood losses. Creates a termendous risk if the HT fails and your donor area is pretty much destroyed.

Tons of evidence which is expected since their practice is like a factory operation so just by statistics there will be lots of evidence of very good HTs.

The majority of grafts are created by experienced techs and not himself. Not a big deal to me as long as I am in hands of someone experienced.

Dr Keser

Highly regarded in Turkey. Apparently local celebrities go to him.

Does the graft work himself.

Pics and evidence of his work is strong but sparse...probably because he does the work himself and a lot of it is local so probably doesn't make it to the english forums.

Dr Lorenzo

One of the best out there and a force in the field.

Very forward and honest practices. Post great evidence of their work.

Harvests himself, but more expensive than the Turkish or Indian options.

Dr Rahal

He is in Canada just as I am so travel is easier.

Does a mix of FUE/FUT. I find his FUT results much better than FUE.

Not a bad option at all. Once you book and make the deposit it is non-refundable though.

I am actually in Vancouver and 25 min drive away from the legendary H&W. If I were going FUT I would choose them in a heart beat. They are kinda late adopters of FUE, but now have some good results. But, i don't know if a very good FUT surgeon = excellent FUE surgeon especially when they are just starting out.

So, thus far my research indicates the best surgeons for my needs. I am 29 probably Norwood

III. Trying to hang on with Propecia 5 mg. Going to start dermarolling and Minoxidil over the next few months over the crown area.

Dr Erdogan

Does amazing work densely packing the hairline.

Uses a cookie cutter approach of 4500 grafts regardless of young age or lower Norwood losses. Creates a termendous risk if the HT fails and your donor area is pretty much destroyed.

Tons of evidence which is expected since their practice is like a factory operation so just by statistics there will be lots of evidence of very good HTs.

The majority of grafts are created by experienced techs and not himself. Not a big deal to me as long as I am in hands of someone experienced.

You hit the nail on the head there with "cookie-cutter" assessment, they do things their way and do not accommodate to detailed requests the patient may have.

Also Turkey is not the best place to manage your donor, for a first time HT with wow factor but using a lot of grafts! it should be fine, however for subsequent procedures or last/final procedures the European clinics are much better at donor management.

Be careful.

As for Keser, he chooses which patients he works on so he will be choosing you lol not the other way around.

Also their communication is slow and their server has been down lot recently.

Nice dense results from him though.

go dense or go home

^Cast a wider net, and do more research. Lorenzo has a team assist him in harvesting. (Not to criticize him, just a factual statement).

Thats always great advice. But, I am limited by funds a little bit. So, US FUE prices are going to be too much. Unless there were some other names I forgot. I just picked the best names in price-competitive range for FUE HT surgeons. Who am I forgetting who fits this category and does equally good or better work? Of course quality is in the eye of the beholder so we may disagree on who has the best results.

Ya and about Dr Lorenzo I guess I have been reading threads about him from a wide period of time so maybe they have changed this recently or I could be completely mis-informed. I appreciate you correcting me as it definitely does influence my decision.