Would it be possible to take my entire hair in my donor and place in front?

Hi everyone,

Some background, I used to wear Full cap Hair system (Which is for the entire head and not just at the top), I would like to take 2000 grafts out of my donor area, and place them into my hairline to archieve 100% undetecable look.

As you can see, my donor is not thick, what I want to do is actually taking 2000-2500 grafts via FUE (I don't care about the scars or anything, I just want to transfer from the back to my hairline, my question is, Does it's possible to do this kind of surgery? again - i do not care about scars, I'm norwood 7 for over 25 years and the entire time I wore full cap which means I'm not planning to stop in the future.

I attached a photo of my back, would like to know what you think, thank you so much!

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I'm no expert, but your donor does not look like it could sustain that amount of grafts. It may be a poor picture, but it does not look strong enough for an HT.

I'll leave it to the experts....

Good luck.

I have seen photos that people have done a produce with 4000 grafts into their top of their head and they had less destiny from my back, so if I take my ENTIRE hair at the back, it wont be enough for 2000-3000 grafts? (Not regular surgery when you take amount of grafts and make the donor stable, just take everything from the back and place at the front).

Thanks!

If you take all the donor and put it on top, you'll have an odd looking head. You could consider smp for the back of your head, or body hair into the donor.

I doubt any surgeon would commit to what you're suggesting.

If you take all the donor and put it on top, you'll have an odd looking head. You could consider smp for the back of your head, or body hair into the donor.

I doubt any surgeon would commit to what you're suggesting.

I think you didn't understood what i mean haha

The donor area wont be exposed, since it will cover with a hair system (Wig),

The reason I want to have transplanted hairline is because I will be able to have natural looking with the full cup system,

This is fullcap :

https://www.google.co.il/search?q=fullcap+hair+system&biw=1366&bih=623&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiH3dj-xKPOAhUJXRoKHZi6CIAQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=AGR4YCOMgvfYfM%3A

So basically none of my area will be noticeable, i have been wearing for many years and I won't stop, I just want to upgrade it and they my back hair into my hairline, just want to know if this kind of produce is possible if I take FUE for example and asking the doctor to take graft by graft and just take everything from the back, or what ever is nesscery to have 2500-3000 grafts.

While it is certainly not the norm, you probably can find someone who would take your money and be willing to do it.

I would not recommend it simply because you might feel differently in the future and then what is done is done and cannot be reversed.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

While it is certainly not the norm, you probably can find someone who would take your money and be willing to do it.

I would not recommend it simply because you might feel differently in the future and then what is done is done and cannot be reversed.

Well, I have been wearing for 20 years, I know for sure that i'm not planning to stop, i'm 48 years old, so I know exactly where i'm going for, I have gaveup on many things in my life to be able to wear the system without let anyone know im wearing, this is something I always wanted to do, my question is just if it would be possible to do this due to my poor donor area, and actually just take graft by graft from the back and transfer it to the hairline,

So, does it possible to take 2500-3000 grafts according to my picture?

Thanks!

• Administrators

I honestly don't see how they could take 2,000-2,500 grafts from your donor, you are older at 48 years old I don't see a problem with what you're requesting, but I also don't think it's possible unfortunately.

I don't see your donor being able to provide a worthwhile hairline even if they take every single hair. You would definitely need to go to a hair restoration physician first and get their opinion as to whether or not your request is possible and can be accommodated. It could be the lighting and the length of the hair that is skewing reality. Another issue that I see is that your donor hair may not be DHT resistant, so you could end up eventually losing the transplanted hair, so basically you'd go through surgery and waste money for nothing, if the system looks good then i'd just keep it, don't fix whats not broken.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The reason I want to have transplanted hairline is because I will be able to have natural looking with the full cup system

Daniel...can you not get a natural looking hairline with a high quality system and great cut?

when I tried a Hair Club system I though my hairline looked very natural

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

There was a case a while ago on here where Dr. Bhatti made a hairline for a guy who intended to keep wearing behind it. That's about where the similarities to what you're asking for end though.

He did not wear a full cap system and the surgery was NOT performed -to my knowledge- with total disregard about ravaging the donor.

From what I remember, that guy had a fairly lush donor and seemed a possible candidate for a more complete restoration. He was adamant about what he wanted though...just a solid hairline.

I honestly don't see how they could take 2,000-2,500 grafts from your donor, you are older at 48 years old I don't see a problem with what you're requesting, but I also don't think it's possible unfortunately.

I don't see your donor being able to provide a worthwhile hairline even if they take every single hair. You would definitely need to go to a hair restoration physician first and get their opinion as to whether or not your request is possible and can be accommodated. It could be the lighting and the length of the hair that is skewing reality. Another issue that I see is that your donor hair may not be DHT resistant, so you could end up eventually losing the transplanted hair, so basically you'd go through surgery and waste money for nothing, if the system looks good then i'd just keep it, don't fix whats not broken.

Thank you so much for your reply!

Well, since i'm norwood 7, I have something called retrograde alopcia which made my nap thin, the hair behind the ears and even my donor area, but that was 10-12 years ago, by now I haven't lose a single hair at my sides\donor. All the hair I have now are strong (They are thinner then they used to be 25 years ago, but they are not going to fall since they are the same for over 10 years).

When I see photos of patients that have done a surgery with 2000-3000 grafts to fill their crown for example and middle scalp, it seems that they have less hair then I have in my back, the fullcap looks great but the hairline doesn't look 1000000% natural, it does look fine and I 99% of the people wouldn't notice, but i do want to have it perfect, and for that I need hair transplant in front the system ;(

• Administrators
Thank you so much for your reply!

Well, since i'm norwood 7, I have something called retrograde alopcia which made my nap thin, the hair behind the ears and even my donor area, but that was 10-12 years ago, by now I haven't lose a single hair at my sides\donor. All the hair I have now are strong (They are thinner then they used to be 25 years ago, but they are not going to fall since they are the same for over 10 years).

When I see photos of patients that have done a surgery with 2000-3000 grafts to fill their crown for example and middle scalp, it seems that they have less hair then I have in my back, the fullcap looks great but the hairline doesn't look 1000000% natural, it does look fine and I 99% of the people wouldn't notice, but i do want to have it perfect, and for that I need hair transplant in front the system ;(

Honestly, this is something you'll have to ask a hair restoration physician, by the picture you provided I just don't see much hair, it could be due to the length though.

My concern is that you'd be disappointed with a hair transplant because you're chasing perfection and hair transplantation is FAR from perfect. Let's assume you are able to get 2,000 grafts and transplant a hairline, the hairline may still have some gaps and it would not be even close to the density a system could provide. Even going to a top doctor there is no guarantee that your result would be what you're expecting. I would personally not risk it just get something that's 99% perfect to 100%, you may end up going from 99% to 80% but either way I would still advise you to visit some hair transplant doctors and get their opinions.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Honestly, this is something you'll have to ask a hair restoration physician, by the picture you provided I just don't see much hair, it could be due to the length though.

My concern is that you'd be disappointed with a hair transplant because you're chasing perfection and hair transplantation is FAR from perfect. Let's assume you are able to get 2,000 grafts and transplant a hairline, the hairline may still have some gaps and it would not be even close to the density a system could provide. Even going to a top doctor there is no guarantee that your result would be what you're expecting. I would personally not risk it just get something that's 99% perfect to 100%, you may end up going from 99% to 80% but either way I would still advise you to visit some hair transplant doctors and get their opinions.

Hey man and again, thanks for your detailed response.

Honestly, when I look at your results, they are more than perfect for me. Since my expectation are high I requested to build hairline only since I know it would be impossible to cover anything with my donor, I have seen crazy results with 2000-2500 grafts that made an hollywood hairline, I was thinking to go with Doctor Raymond or Doctor Rahal for this kind of produce, even if the hairline would have gaps (Which I truly hope it won't), I can always order hair system that will match the hairline destiny, but yes, I got your point, right now the doctors mentioned that I should fly to their clinic since it would be impossible to tell exactly how many grafts can be taken in 1 session from the pictures.

I must ask, even after my long research, I still don't understand why there's limited of grafts per session? I mean, If I don't care about scars, or how my hair will look at the back (Can have zero hairs at my back, i dont mind), why can't take everything in 1 surgery? It can cause a trauma to the grafts or anything like that?

Thanks!

Daniel,

No my friend, I was not implying that it could not be done, it is more an issue of the permanency of your donor hair.

From the photos, you may not have suitable donor that would last and then you are back to square one and out a lot of money.

I guess if I was in your situation, I would consider a top end full system.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

If you want an honest answer to what you are asking you should send your pictures to Dr Konior. He is about as ethical as there is and will not bs you. He gives solid information for free and will not sugar coat the truth. I was not able to use him as a surgeon because he is booked out for almost a year but he gave me the best advice for free of anyone. There are some that will simply take your money tell you what you want to hear but he is not one of them.

Daniel,

No my friend, I was not implying that it could not be done, it is more an issue of the permanency of your donor hair.

From the photos, you may not have suitable donor that would last and then you are back to square one and out a lot of money.

I guess if I was in your situation, I would consider a top end full system.

Thanks guys for your reply,

My donor is the same for over 20 years already, and didnt lose a single hair by then, is it a good sign?

And yes, i contacted dr.konior, he said its possible but in 2 session, any reason why its not possible to take 3000 grafts in 1 session if i take everything from there? Or it can damage the grafts if takes too many in 1 time?

This surgery is really important for me and i know i will do it but i also would like to hear what you guys think, after all, im just asking to build a new hairline and nothing else :(

Daniel let me get this right. You want to transplant the transplant hair in the hairline and wear a system directly behind it. I have seen this done and to be honest it look much more natural having transplanted hair in the first 1-2cm of your hairline and a hair system in the back. It look much more natural than having just a hair system. The biggest issue with a hair system is how natural the hairline looks. If done right and possible it does can look very good.

I had a friend that had it done and it gives him much more options to hair styles and as long as the hair system isn't too thick behind the transplanted hair you would have no idea.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Daniel let me get this right. You want to transplant the transplant hair in the hairline and wear a system directly behind it. I have seen this done and to be honest it look much more natural having transplanted hair in the first 1-2cm of your hairline and a hair system in the back. It look much more natural than having just a hair system. The biggest issue with a hair system is how natural the hairline looks. If done right and possible it does can look very good.

I had a friend that had it done and it gives him much more options to hair styles and as long as the hair system isn't too thick behind the transplanted hair you would have no idea.

Hello Lorenzo,

Thanks for your repyl! YUP I know it can work and look amazing, I'm wearing for 20 years, there's no way to tell if someone wear hair system if he has his OWN hairline, (Of course he needs high quality hair system, perfect color match for the blending). as long as he does that and it's 100% archieve able than with his own hairline it just looks crazy and impossible to tell.

The problem is that my donor as you can see in the photos is not great, that's why I want to take my entire hair at the back (Even in the sides), to have 3000 grafts to re-build my temple points\hairline. Since i'm wearing Fullcap hair system it shouldn't be a problem by me to take the entire hairs there and leave me bald in the sides and back.

(Full cap is hair system for the sides and back and not just a topper for the top).

Its hard to tell if they are able to get 3000 grafts from your donor but I think it could be close. I agree if you take this route then they should take your whole donor available because its makes more sense to use them in the front where needed then leave them under a scalp cap.

I would also consider smp but you should probably have to smp your donor as well because it seems very thin there. I suggest you consult to many recommended doctor and get their opinion. Dr. Koniar is a very good doctor but nothing better than getting more opinions from other doctors.

If my hairloss was like yours and I would ever consider a hair system I would only do it with hair grafts in the front.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Its hard to tell if they are able to get 3000 grafts from your donor but I think it could be close. I agree if you take this route then they should take your whole donor available because its makes more sense to use them in the front where needed then leave them under a scalp cap.

I would also consider smp but you should probably have to smp your donor as well because it seems very thin there. I suggest you consult to many recommended doctor and get their opinion. Dr. Koniar is a very good doctor but nothing better than getting more opinions from other doctors.

If my hairloss was like yours and I would ever consider a hair system I would only do it with hair grafts in the front.

Hey Lorenzo,

There's no reason to do SMP because I will have hair system behind my back also, the system I wear is for the entire head, like this :

That's why I meant to take the entier hair I have there and just place them at front :)

I don't care about the scars or anything that will be because of the surgery, as long as I have a new hairline of my own hair.

And yes, I will ask more doctors about this and get theirs opinion :)

Thanks! <3

I would like to take 2000 grafts out of my donor area, and place them into my hairline to archieve 100% undetecable look.

As you can see, my donor is not thick, what I want to do is actually taking 2000-2500 grafts via FUE (I don't care about the scars or anything, I just want to transfer from the back to my hairline, my question is, Does it's possible to do this kind of surgery? again - i do not care about scars, I'm norwood 7 for over 25 years and the entire time I wore full cap which means I'm not planning to stop in the future

I would say its definitely possible, and I have heard of rare cases of people doing this. The only problem is will you be able to match your natural transplanted hair with the hair from the wig perfectly??

If you have straight black hair it might be easy, but if you have dirty blond hair or partial grey hair, and on top of that you have wavy or curly hair, it will be very difficult to get a natural looking match.

Just my 2 cents worth

Well, I have been wearing for 20 years, I know for sure that i'm not planning to stop, i'm 48 years old, so I know exactly where i'm going for, I have gaveup on many things in my life to be able to wear the system without let anyone know im wearing, this is something I always wanted to do, my question is just if it would be possible to do this due to my poor donor area, and actually just take graft by graft from the back and transfer it to the hairline,

So, does it possible to take 2500-3000 grafts according to my picture?

Thanks!

Any photos with cap on? I am just curious how they look. What did you have to give up on to keep it hidden?

Thanks guys for your reply,

My donor is the same for over 20 years already, and didnt lose a single hair by then, is it a good sign?

And yes, i contacted dr.konior, he said its possible but in 2 session, any reason why its not possible to take 3000 grafts in 1 session if i take everything from there? Or it can damage the grafts if takes too many in 1 time?

This surgery is really important for me and i know i will do it but i also would like to hear what you guys think, after all, im just asking to build a new hairline and nothing else :(

Here's the thing. You are still relatively young and the characteristics of your donor can change in the future.

And not to speak for Dr. Konior, but he may be concerned not to raise the level of trauma too high in any single procedure as you could potentially experience acute shockloss in the donor area if he were to push the numbers too high.

Gillenator