Signing Bosley contract tomorrow, should I be concerned?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will admit that I have not read all of the replies on this post. But I did want to address one thing. Just keep in mind that possibly is a company not a physician. Sure there is a Dr. Bosley somewhere but I'm sure he's not the one performing your surgery. That said, because the physicians that work at Bosley are typically new and inexperienced, it is extremely difficult to assess each surgeon and their individual staff to find out or not they are performing high-quality surgery. As already suggested, you may come out with an excellent result. But the difference between selecting a surgeon who has a long track record of producing high-quality results versus a physician you don't even know, is that you know for sure that you've selected an outstanding surgeon who will stand behind you. Furthermore, Bosley is typically a steppingstone for new physicians who eventually go out and start the run practice. New and inexperienced surgeons have to start somewhere and I'm certainly not knocking them at all. Many new doctors are doing outstanding work. But again, the problem with falsely is that you don't know who you are having surgery with and you don't know their individual experience or results typically turnout at their clinic.

The above is just food for thought. At the end of the day, you'll have to draw your own conclusion and select a physician clinic that you are comfortable with. If at the end of the day at Bosley, more power to you. Whoever you choose, I hope that you will share your experience and results with us so we can follow along with your progress. We only one best for you at this community.

Bill

Suprabob, you have a great donor area and it looks dense. This can be determined with an in person consult. Do try to get a donor evaluation and estimate of donor availability. That said, i am sure if you go to a surgeon that is highly experienced in FUE and has a great surgical protocol, your chances of a top notch result are greater. Do your research and see if some patients are willing to meet you. Especially, those cases that mimic your goals. Again, if you need more than 2000 grafts, id consider breaking the procedure up more than one day to maximize graft yield. That is if you do FUE. You do not want your grafts be exposed and out if body for long periids as they may cause graft death. Play it safe and research and think this through wisely on how to proceed. Ask surgeons plenty of questions. As for Bosley, they have wo many docs and you dont know how experienced they are or if they will do the procedure themselves, aside from that, they really screwed one if my relatives over with strip procedures with distinct scarring. Very noticeable and the guy continues to wear hats to cover it up. So, imo, id find a well known FUE expert that does the surgical aspects of the procedure and is good at it. Best of luck and best wishes.

Apologize for the absence. I had a training class that was very intensive. I am really going to work this through. My one regret is that I didn't do it sooner. Now at my age (56) I wonder if it is worth it as I will have thicker hair but an older face.

I never thought about that, having thicker hair but older face,

The top doc consider that such as H&W that's why they talk about a hair line appropriate to the age, they told me.

Another thing is when you have had hair loss and had that look for a long period of time people get used to you looking like that. Then if you have a ht you may appear very different.

The best is not to do it too soon nor too late !

Just to add a word of caution...one of the things that the large chains are known for is to play musical chairs on the day of surgery.

You think that you are getting Dr. John Doe but on the day of surgery, someone totally different is assigned to do your procedure and oftentimes, it's someone new to the field and inexperienced...:rolleyes:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Just to add a word of caution...one of the things that the large chains are known for is to play musical chairs on the day of surgery.

You think that you are getting Dr. John Doe but on the day of surgery, someone totally different is assigned to do your procedure and oftentimes, it's someone new to the field and inexperienced...:rolleyes:

Thanks. I turned down the contract and ready to move forward. I have a question. Why do you have "supporting Dr's in your signature"?

Thanks. I turned down the contract and ready to move forward. I have a question. Why do you have "supporting Dr's in your signature"?

Watch, they'll probably start hounding you now by offering you discounts, free hotel stays, free airflight....etc..etc.

Thats when you know you've made the right decision

Love your journey.... Signed the dotted line, skepticism kicked in, listened, then listened some more, came to your senses and pivoted away from an inevitable mistake.

Now the fun part--consults with all the top guys. Good luck!

You're welcome and glad to see that you are moving forward elsewhere.

The doctors at my signature endorse me as an independent patient advocate and proper disclosure of that is the right and ethical thing to do...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Watch, they'll probably start hounding you now by offering you discounts, free hotel stays, free airflight....etc..etc.

Thats when you know you've made the right decision

Haha. This is so true. I didn't even follow through with a consultation with them (literally just made a phone call to find out standard information) and apparently foolishly gave them my address on the phone. They still send me mail periodically with all sorts of offers. :o

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56