Signing Bosley contract tomorrow, should I be concerned?

Send pics to Konior through his website. You look like a few of his past candidates.

He will not steer you wrong with advice a it fin, testosterone and graft count.

Nothing to lose with him. It's just a simple email. He is a one man army and will give it to you straight without obligation.

Knowledge is power. Take what he will offer

Love to. Do you have a link?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well help me out where I lack. :) Im leaning towards Dr Cooley since he's within 4 hours and you guys recommend him. Good?

lol you almost got me Dutch too.

4 hours should not be your deciding factor mate. You should be picking the best surgeon for you. If you are leaning towards him based on geographical location, and have not yet consulted with the top guys, then I am afraid you are still not ready. Each surgeon will offer up different plans, different estimated number of grafts, and differing opinions on your lifetime donor supply. You need to know how many grafts you need, and what the placement plan is, i.e. are you going for dense packing in a small area, coverage over a wider area, hairline work, crown work? Also, can the procedure be performed in a single session or multiple smaller sessions over a few years? Are you getting strip or FUE? Bottom line, are you picking Cooley because you liked his long-term plan for you the best? Just an example, Hasson & Wong prefer to perform much larger surgeries in one pass for in excess of 4,000 grafts so you don't have to return for a 2nd procedure until the future, whilst other surgeons like Dorin and Wesley may prefer to offer a smaller procedure for 2,000 odd grafts with the plan that you return for a 2nd procedure in a year to add density. Pros and cons to both, but have you thought that through?

4 hours should not be your deciding factor mate. You should be picking the best surgeon for you. If you are leaning towards him based on geographical location, and have not yet consulted with the top guys, then I am afraid you are still not ready. Each surgeon will offer up different plans, different estimated number of grafts, and differing opinions on your lifetime donor supply. You need to know how many grafts you need, and what the placement plan is, i.e. are you going for dense packing in a small area, coverage over a wider area, hairline work, crown work? Also, can the procedure be performed in a single session or multiple smaller sessions over a few years? Are you getting strip or FUE? Bottom line, are you picking Cooley because you liked his long-term plan for you the best? Just an example, Hasson & Wong prefer to perform much larger surgeries in one pass for in excess of 4,000 grafts so you don't have to return for a 2nd procedure until the future, whilst other surgeons like Dorin and Wesley may prefer to offer a smaller procedure for 2,000 odd grafts with the plan that you return for a 2nd procedure in a year to add density. Pros and cons to both, but have you thought that through?

Is that all you got mate?

You know how I know Stig is British??

Bc he's humble?

Dude literally traveled the globe and had in-person consultations with every name we've ever mentioned. He's gonna get a tattoo of the clinic he chooses on his left bicep too. Bad ass man.

@ suprarob

If I were you I would come up here to Canada to get my HT.

Right now the exchange rate of a Canadian dollar is around 0.70 US dollars, so you're saving approximately 30%.

See here: https://www.google.ca/search?as_q=us+canada+dollar&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&as_filetype=&as_rights=

You know how I know Stig is British??

Some say he fired Donald Trump; and that it was him who trained Batman in the art of keeping a secret identity. All we know ... he 's called the STIG .

Some say he gave birth to Chuck Norris , and that the mother was superman. All we know ... he 's called the STIG .

I think you've been given good advice by the members who have chimed in i bet youre glad you found this site now aye.

and I thought stig was Australian haha

Some say that he spent all week waiting for a big check from the Australians, because he too has spent the last 2000 years sitting on his backside doing absolutely nothing at all. All we know is he’s called the STIG

I am amazed at the response here. I admit Im having a little bit difficult time wrapping my head around the whole process. I see why so many go Bosley. They make it "simple". I will not go that direction. But I could use some help with exact next steps to take. Its clear to many here but a newbie like me need ti be taken by the hand a bit. Make sense?

I am amazed at the response here. I admit Im having a little bit difficult time wrapping my head around the whole process. I see why so many go Bosley. They make it "simple". I will not go that direction. But I could use some help with exact next steps to take. Its clear to many here but a newbie like me need ti be taken by the hand a bit. Make sense?

You need to have as many online consultations with these clinics as possible. I suggest you use google to find the websites of Hasson & Wong, Cooley, Rahal, Shapiro medical group, and Raymond Konior. All have online forms where you fill out a form and submit some pictures of your hair - all online. The clinic will then get back to you with assessments and you can then speak to the doctors and reps over the phone. These over the phone sessions are great, and you will get a ton of information. I especially recommend doing this for Dr Ron Shapiro. Their rep Matt Zupan will call you, and he will give you an hour where he throws so much valuble info your way.

when you mention going to a hair mill like Bosley on a thread it's going to generate a lot of people chiming in so you definitely done the right thing coming to this site before you exchanged money with the clinic.

hair restoration can be a scary thing when you first start your journey there's so much information about and it can be a bit overloading I've been in this site nearly 2 years and I haven't decided who I'm going with yet so I get where you're coming from.

give the listed doctors that members have given you a ring or fill out an online consultation from all of them. each doctor will have there own protocol and methods best suited for you. once you've done that it really up to you who you go with and who you feel is best for your situation. just remember price and location isn't everything results and patient success stories are.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey mate.

Some say that he spent all week waiting for a big check from the Australians, because he too has spent the last 2000 years sitting on his backside doing absolutely nothing at all. All we know is he’s called the STIG

brilliant haha.

But I could use some help with exact next steps to take. Its clear to many here but a newbie like me need ti be taken by the hand a bit.

You just need to slow down, and do lots more research. Take a year to read this forum (and others like it), consult with at least 3-4 top surgeons (have at least 2 in person, 2 via SKYPE/phone, etc.). Weigh all your options and consider all scenarios. Make a list of pros and cons to your favorite surgeons. At the end of the day, no matter what advice you receive from forum members or surgeons, it's YOUR HEAD. Best of luck and keep us in the loop!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I went to bosley I live outside of Cleveland ohio interviewed dr haber in Cleveland with 20 yrs exp. and rewards also interview a bosley dr krenitsky in Columbus ohio couple hour drive for me hes been doing hair transplant at same location since 2002 I decided 14 years same location still there cant be all that bad. but ill let you all know soon enough

It's entirely possible to get a good HT from Bosley if the Dr. you select has a good solid track record and has produced credible, documented, and acceptable results. The problem is finding him. There may be good reasons a Dr. chooses to build his career with Bosley and not strike out on his own.

But I think the odds go up in your favor if you can choose a Dr. with a good industry recognized track record and not a just one attached to a marketing machine.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I went to bosley I live outside of Cleveland ohio interviewed dr haber in Cleveland with 20 yrs exp. and rewards also interview a bosley dr krenitsky in Columbus ohio couple hour drive for me hes been doing hair transplant at same location since 2002 I decided 14 years same location still there cant be all that bad. but ill let you all know soon enough

By looking at your avatar, you have extensive hair loss. Every graft counts. I wouldn't go with Bosley whatsoever.

It is important to make the best possible decision especially when it will affect your appearance. I think anyone that researches properly will probably put Bolsey at the bottom of their list. Hair follicles are worth more than gold because once used you cant get them back. Losing your hair is natural, having a bad transplant is not.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Will see I wouldn't them at the bottom this place appears to be a opinionated forum you can't say what your saying until you see my results give it time that's all I'm saying

ashdan I wish you the best on your results. I cant picture if you have done any research that you would even consider them. People on this forum have seen results in the past and read a lot about them. You look like you are a NW6 so its going to take a lot of grafts (5000-8000) to make a huge cosmetic difference. If your donor permits I don't think Bolsey has the capacity to do a huge transformation unless it take 3-4 procedure. How many grafts did they quote you?

you can't say what your saying until you see my results give it time that's all I'm saying

Hopefully you get a great result and will be happy to show your results. My guess you will be long gone before your final results.

Regardless I wish you the best.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

No I won't be gone just here to talk to men that are going through the same thing I am always wondered about a person that goes down this path to early in life if just leads to session after session after session

Listen I'm in my late 50a just wanted some hair on top I might do another I might not I'm not trying to go back to my twenties no interest in that I my not touch my crown might be happy with one session isn't that what this is all about for a nw6 or 7 reasonable expectations