Rashid36

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Starting my 6th can of min been on fin 0.5mg for about 2 to 3 months i did go up to 1mg for about 2 weeks but went back to 0.5mg. Also continuing with the supplements, dermaroller and shampoos.

Pictures show difference before and after meds treatment

5b32ee8b8ce2d_CrownBeforeMeds.thumb.jpg.2b6bbc52d8cbd38d51c48bebd3e192e9.jpg

5b32ee8bb0475_CrownwithMeds.thumb.jpg.139ed3dab97aad1d066de12d4d11f1c7.jpg

5b32ee8bc7a3a_FrontBeforeMeds.jpg.da03f243434dc128461396ffa5a45312.jpg

5b32ee8bda933_FrontwithMeds.jpg.0bc0c1bee8f27322f1940240ef384216.jpg

5b32ee8be740b_FrontTop.jpg.77b5de8dcc3ae36eb863d86c66809681.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

This I had got to be the most impressive treatment results I've seen, you went from Norwood 6/7 to Norwood 4. I would really like to know what your donor miniaturization is like now, when do you go back to Bisanga?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

You got some amazing improvements from the meds. I don't know if I would change anything. I was doing 1mg had sides and cut it down and sides have gone away. Still seems to be doing it's job. You might not get sides seem like a good responder but let me tell the sides are miserable. Mine were not sexual more brain fog and confusion enough to scare the hell out of me.

Yes at last i got some hope!

I'm just thinking of having a little more than half a tab of fin and on the other day have the other bit to see how it goes.

In the crown i have seen regrowth and the rest of the hair i have noticed the hair improve even my beard and eyebrow hair seems to look thicker and healthy, could be the biotin!

It takes a while after about 3 months then start seeing good results.

I'm going to up everything by a little to see if it improves things more.

Thanks any other opinions and sugggestions let me know

• 2 weeks later...

Been a week i added lipo min too and increased biotin...

Picture taken today in my bed room compare with others pictures before meds stuff

Even if i cannot have a ht atleast things are improving...

5b32f066ced5a_Beforemedfront.jpg.13dcb1312721dd4937f9b5ea9256d0ae.jpg

5b32f066dd7bd_Topwithmed.thumb.jpg.f5a5d6605236a3572f5732f89a56ae41.jpg

5b32f066ed7f9_Beforemedtop.jpg.b4eb79926116261b9f9f4d2b3b33e36a.jpg

5b32f06709af5_Topwithmeds.jpg.60bc13ad95f854d0e81dceef00cb1b03.jpg

Edited by Rashid36
adding picture

• 3 weeks later...

This is a really great improvement and case to follow. I know some people prefer not to use them, but just out of curiosity Rashid have you tried using any concealers like Topik. You have acquired enough density that I think Topik would blend in very well and completely cover your crown. Thanks for continuing with the thread, your outdoor pictures don't lie, you are getting great results with what your doing. Continued good luck!

Thanks,

Regarding Toppik hair fibres i used it once in the past before any hair loss meds i saw it as a quick fix but it made a lot of mess which i dont like.

Now I see my hair has improved alot since the meds and understand why the doctor recommended me not to rush into a ht.

The way i see it i'm trying to improve my hair as much as i can and get it ready for a possible transplant.

I'm still not confident with taking 1mg fin so have decided to stick with 0.5mg i.e half a tab daily. If i cannot have a ht then i don't know if i should continue with the meds especially fin.

Another thing i'm having to come to deal with is my hair going grey/white around the sides and in the beard. I guess it's part of reaching middle age.

See my old pictures from before and this new picture below, Click to make big

5b32f11587bae_Insideroompicture.jpg.e5fd37066834ec75326d51710e394872.jpg

Edited by Rashid36
added picture

• 1 month later...

I have not been able to take some more pictures outside due to the weather and it getting dark early but i have had to reduce fin to 0.3mg daily due to getting sides on 0.5mg.

I continue with the supplements and min foam after this bottle i will try the liquid to see if it works better for me.

I have developed a itch right in the crown area where the hair starts to bald it could be min.

My hair is looking much better since been on meds no doubt.

I will be booking a appointment with Dr. Bisanga soon to see if my donor hair situation has improved enough for me to have a ht.

Edited by Rashid36
adding info

Hello,

I am new in this message board and have been thinking about having a hairtransplant done since many years. I have decided not to take fin and also wait with a Ht a bit (to first reach a more stable status of hair loss)

Reading your thread I am wondering, why taking meds would improve your recommendation for getting a ht.

All the improvement you had is due to your meds, and once you stop them you will quickly reach the state you would have been in without taking them (I very quickly lost my hair when stopping Minoxidil due to scalp irritations).

So transplanting hair that is only there because of meds seems to be a risky thing to do (in my oppinion)? You never know if you have to stop taking meds because of side effects.

• 2 weeks later...

There is always a risk with meds and even hair transplants but i want to get my hair as good as possible before going back to the doc in a few months time.

Not sure why the liquid would make the itch more ?

Its been about a month i use regain form all over 1 time a day, the itch seems to be getting better.

Also i have cut down on fin due the sides. i now split the tab into 3 sometimes 4 bits and getting on fine with no sides.

Pictures below taken indoors front and crown hair

front.thumb.JPG.d14a95c74e4742bba1d037f2cc541671.JPG

back.jpg.c84ee607ea72e466643077ff0e2601b4.jpg

crown.jpg.26fd6fbbc5e6733673be3b89a532926a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What i noticed with pictures is if you use a different phone camera or or under different light the hair looks different.

Sometimes it could add density and sometimes it could add light and make the hairloss appear far more.

Recently i have cut fin down to only a bit a day, 1 tab lasts me 3 to 4 days,

Since my hair itch has got better i will start to use min twice again,

I don't use the dermaroller anymore bec i think it irritates the scalp,

Cut down on Nizarol shampoo only use it now and then not regulary,

I continue to take vitamins and supplements regulary.

Below 2 recent pictures taken outside compare with before meds pictures.

I trim the sides down to no1 so it all blends in as you can see the crown has regrowth and the front has improved alot.

Now i have been told by doctors 2500 grafts fue to get the front hair line back and add mid scalp density then after a year see what can be done about the crown.

I really want this rather then risk a big fut ht and try and go for the whole lot in one go.

[if only the donor hair improves or stabilizes as last time it was checked i was told that there was alot of miniaturization going on.

Where there was 3 follicles 1 or 2 hair were been miniaturized, where there was 2 there was 1 been miniaturized even some of the singles on there own were in the miniaturization process]

Crown.jpg.17b5057b39714115a346fcc6c003907a.jpg

Front.thumb.JPG.30dde4c7ce945aa87d13f990924a80e4.JPG

CrownBefore.jpg.cae4b7dcdbbbb8c3b40b803c0d01d573.jpg

5b32f2d3e9db0_Frontbefore.jpg.d44ce6bcfc1234bd0630ff9f3aac5009.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Front hair line picture taken indoors below, click to make big:

Currently using min foam all over scalp one time per day,

fin less then half a tab per day,

biotin + vitamins supplements,

nizarol + lipo shampoo 1 times per week, other days alpecin caffine shampoo,

Exercise, improve nutrition, try to reduce stress and be happy!

5b32f31080d2d_fronthair.jpg.38a8f8f743b71516be997c48dd90a325.jpg

I think you only need two things, minoxidil foam and finasteride, other stuff are bogus in my opinion. Also you can choose between rogaine/minoxidil foam versus laser cap. (foam is definetly better than minoxidil liquid or spray, belive me!).

Yes, I agree the main ones are fin and min the other stuff may help even if limited.

It's become normal now i take fin and the vit in the morning i have lunch late in the afternoon so don't know if this is making it work better on empty stomach etc

After a shower and towel dry hair i use min so it's easy to do.

I hope i could have a ht if i cannot then atleast the meds helped improve and regrow hair but it was not enough to stop the reflection of light from the scalp which only the ht would be able to do.

What has been proposed by Dr Bisanga depending on the donor is fut & fue with beard hair as well

so I get coverage all over, to give the illusion of density and stop the reflection of light from the scalp.

• 1 month later...

It's been a 1 year since been on fin different dosages recently split 1 tab lasts 4 days and 2 years on min.

Recently biotin 5000upg

A-z vitamins every other day

Nizarol 2% one time a week, Alpecin everyday (occasional lipo min and shampoo)

Below pictures, Haircut back and sides no1 to keep short& blend in cut.

Things have improved since starting all the meds stuff.

Now i hope my donor is good enough to have a hair transplant.

IMG_1102.thumb.jpg.0bd617508bf4f213797933cbd3d48075.jpg

IMG_1100.thumb.jpg.389d1dc7229b67c43322f106525b5aba.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg.4c065d316232d967d478341ece86e375.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg.1c3824f9a16ec05eea47ed046b4b571d.jpg

• 2 months later...

A few months now i've been taking,

Fin 1 tab lasts 3 days

Min 1 time a day

A-z vitamins every other day

biotin 5000upg everyday

msm, everyday

Alpecin shampoo and sometimes nizarol

I have noticed my hair looking healthy and no more regrowth but more improvement what i got.

Also i saw Dr Bisanga again after 1 year more on fin,min and supplements,

The Doctor agrees to do your surgery, but you will have to continue with the vitamins and Minoxidil

to make sure that you have a good result.

Doing only FUE will not give you enough coverage, as your donor density is on the lower side.

Dr. Bisanga proposes to do a combo procedure by using the FUT and the FUE technique at the same time to

harvest as much grafts as possible over 1 intervention.

He will be able to get around 3000-3500 grafts with the FUT technique and 1500-1800 grafts with the FUE technique.

This will give coverage to the frontal area, the mid scalp and the frontal crown area.

• 1 month later...

Hi Rashid

Really enjoyed reading this and seeing your fantastic results! A few questions for you:

Having tried the derma roller and stopped it, is this something you would recommend now?

Just wondering if you have thought of trying the hairmax lazer combe? I use it and find it thickens my hair up, my barber even noticed the improvement. It took 6+ months of regimented use (8 mins every other day to see the improvement. I bought mine on ebay with the thought I could just sell it back on ebay if I didn't like it.

Also wondering if you are going to go ahead with the HT? Have you considered getting just fue done along with smp and then keeping the hair short? Looks like you suit short hair.

3215 grafts fue with ASMED (Dr Erdogan) 26th July 2017

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187806-nw3-3200-grafts-dr-erdogan.html

Hi Rwethereyet,

The only thing i noticed really improve my hair was minox and then propecia.

The other stuff i thought i just try to see if it makes a difference or not.

I got a rash in my scalp a while back and thought it could have been the derma roller so i stopped it. I don't know how much of a differnce it made but some say it helps absorb minox better and better blood circulation.

Soon I will only be using minox and a fda laser comb so if i notice any further improvements i will post them.

Regarding ht i hope sometime next year and fue only.

Thanks