Treatment Update

Rashid36

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you look at the crown on the right it is a small area but the hair has gone as thick as my normal hair.

The good results i'm getting so far i don't know if i should change anything.

I have the lipogaine minox but dont know if i should use it or if i should try the liquid minox or if i should increase the dermaroller needle size.

Also i'm thinking of going upto 1 mg fin and adding 1000mg biotin to see if that would help.

More pictures to come

I would just keep up what your doing, obviously its working so dont change a thing your only 4 months into your program, stick with your routine.

Taken Biotin, msn, zink, fish oil & vit D plus wont grow hair but definitely make what is there stronger & healthier.

If you look at the crown on the right it is a small area but the hair has gone as thick as my normal hair.

The good results i'm getting so far i don't know if i should change anything.

I have the lipogaine minox but dont know if i should use it or if i should try the liquid minox or if i should increase the dermaroller needle size.

Also i'm thinking of going upto 1 mg fin and adding 1000mg biotin to see if that would help.

More pictures to come

Have you been using 5 % minoxidil twice a day since the beginning.How much you use to cover entire scalp?

Did you get any side effects from finastride?

I started using minox once for about 2 months had no sides so started using it twice this past month.

I try not to use too much but I think I do because I have to cover crown and top.

Started fin a few times then changed my mind stopped it then started it again at 0.5mg daily it's been about 3 weeks. No sides so far so i might go up to 1mg.

I will only continue this if I see good results otherwise sides risks and costs would not be worth it for me.

So far I seen regrowth in the crown the hair on top looking more thicker and healthy.

Edited by Rashid35
Adding information

I would just keep up what your doing, obviously its working so dont change a thing your only 4 months into your program, stick with your routine.

Taken Biotin, msn, zink, fish oil & vit D plus wont grow hair but definitely make what is there stronger & healthier.

Thanks but if I don't try other things I won't know if they would work better i guess it's better to stick with these for a while.

You must be "consistent" using your meds, stopping & starting dont work out.

remember this is a life time battle even after a HT.

Are you taken the gen or branded meds rashid?

Edited by ontop
edit

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent. ..& how long now 4 months since you started meds right?

You come a long way..

good job in being consistent & disciplined.

Edited by ontop
edit

• Moderators

This is excellent results for less than 6 months. I can't wait to see your 1 year results.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Thanks,

it's not been 4 full months yet, when i started min in first 2 months i used it once a day then in 3rd month i used it twice. This is the 4th month now. it's been around 3and half weeks i have been taking 0.5mg fin everyday. I started off slowly didn't get any sides so started to use meds more.

I think the hair looks better then in the pictures especially at the front and overall the hair is thicker and more healthy.

I have noticed i'm getting much more grey/white hairs especially on the sides and back (donor area)

I don't like these and this is another thing i have to deal with apart from the hair loss.

I try to cut these hair out but end up cutting alot of normal hair with them too that's why it looks like i have more thin hair on the sides.

This 4 months i've added 300mcg biotin so it's been just over 2 weeks of taking this daily as well.

I hope things get better i can see alot of small miniature hair which i hope grow it's these that are causing me to see less scalp then before.

Rashid,

put up your pre med pics up next to your present.

This will show the improvements which you have undoubtedly have & so other members can see first hand on how meds can really help prior before undergoing HT.

Your doing great keep ontop of it...no punt intended lol.

Edited by ontop
x

My pictures are all over the place but i will put them in order to show the difference.

At the moment i'm still on my 4th can of min!

i can say i added fin 0.5mg half a tablet and after 1 month i can see a big difference fin has made my hair much thicker. i've had comments from people,

'your hair has gone darker' ' your hair is growing back' 'oh my god your hair is gone so thick'

Now with comments like this and i can see the difference myself better then in the pictures.

I'm still not sure to go up to 1mg fin or if 0.5mg would be enough for me?

I have spoken to a few people in person and all have said to me to stick with the meds stuff as i'm responding well then after a year go for a ht.

Edited by Rashid35
info adding

• 3 weeks later...

I've started 5th can of min and it's been 1 month I've gone up to 1mg fin.

I know alot has been said about fin but i can say when i started taking it after about 2 months i noticed a big difference in the thickness of my existing hair.

Overall my hair is looking much better then it did before taking meds and there has been regrowth in the crown.

I have been told by Dr Christian Bisanga BHR Clinic I have thinning in my donor hair which i will have to get checked again in 6 to 12 months then decide if a ht is possible and if it would be the best option.

This month I've added MSM, Biotin and Zinc supplements to see if they will improve things.

Sometimes i think if a person is destined to become norwood 7 then are these meds just delaying it for a bit of time and then ultimately genetics predisposition will take over ?

It was an in person consultation the doctor has several tests he does before deciding if I was a suitable candidate. He advised not rush into a hair transplant due to the high miniaturisation in my donor area

Rashid you are lucky Bisanga is ethical and honest. There are a ton of bad doctors out there that would simply have taken your money and left you with the bad result. I would trust him because he doesn't want to mess you up for the sake of money. Trust in his final decision in a year. Wish you the best.