FUE is more popular than FUT

PaulB79

ohh no not this again!!!

Anyone ever see an old Bill Murray movie called ground hog day? He is forced to live the same day over and over and over and etc... didn't think it could happen in real life but this topic is just like that movie.

Let me summize to the OP how this goes:

- Dr #1 states that FUT is better and more popular than FUE because of something to do with the dark side of the force or maybe it was something about three forces... Ect ect ect

- A whole bunch of haters come out and disagree with Dr #1.

- Dr #1 pushes back

- The haters fight back

- The defenders join in

- Dr #1 sticks to guns and pushes on

- Haters start to get nasty

- Dr # 1 calls everyone peanuts in the peanut gallery

- 1 particular poster gets under Dr #1's skin

- Dr #1 subtly finds a way of acusing this poster of being an illegal rep or secret agent or something like that of Dr #2

- Poster gets angry

- real rep of Dr #2 shows up and joins in the fight

- fight gets nasty

- mods jump in and issue warnings

- poster asks Dr #1 for an apology

- Dr denies every making the accusation

- man from London shows up going on about Dr #1 telling him 1 thing and someone else a different thing, some mention of a shampoo gets made

- man from London gets nasty with Dr #1, but then throws in a compliment

- Dr #1 likes compliment, so offers man from London a free MFUE

- Man from London starts to say good things about Dr #1 and turns against the haters

- Dr #2 arrives on the scene and engages Dr #1 in a debate

- Debate gets interesting but escalates quickly

- Dr #2 decides to post a video

- Dr #1 tears the video to shreds

- Dr #2 edits the video and blacks-out some key sequences

- Dr #1 uncovers the cover-up and reposts the original video

- Dr #2 gets angry

- Dr #1 gets angry

- Debate fades

- Haters carry- on fighting

- Defenders fight back

- Dr #1 makes reference to retards

- more people get angry

- Dr #1 withdraws offer of free MFUE from man from London

- Man from London gets angry and turns on Dr #1 again

- man from London says bad things about Dr # 1

- Dr #3 joins the fight by making a post but then withdraws and deletes the post before disappearing into the sunset

- Haters state that thread has backfired on Dr #1 and that he will now go out of business

- Dr #1 laughs at the haters as business is better than ever

- Debate fades

- Debate turns to one about travelling for a procedure

And here we are. Did I miss anything?

So to the OP, do you really want to make us go through this again?

Paul, whatever money you have put aside for a HT, spend it elsewhere. Extend your house. Put it into an index-linked tracker fund. Blow it all on cocaine and prostitutes. Please don't make us go through this again!

Mav, a splendid summary. I held my lighter aloft to some of those great hits.

Paul, whatever money you have put aside for a HT, spend it elsewhere. Extend your house. Put it into an index-linked tracker fund. Blow it all on cocaine and prostitutes. Please don't make us go through this again!

Mav, a splendid summary. I held my lighter aloft to some of those great hits.

That's hilarious but true. This topic just like watching Nascar. Everyone going around in one big circle. After watching it you realize you wasted valuable time in life you will never get back.

*Trump voice*

New B Thirty-three is calling for a total and complete shutdown of fut/fue debates on this forum, until our doctors can figure out...

*failing to keep a lid on the insanity*

...WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!

- Dr #1 states that FUT is better and more popular than FUE because of something to do with the dark side of the force or maybe it was something about three forces... Ect ect ect

- Dr #1 pushes back

- The haters fight back

- The defenders join in

- Dr #1 subtly finds a way of acusing this poster of being an illegal rep or secret agent or something like that of Dr #2

- Poster gets angry

- fight gets nasty

- man from London shows up going on about Dr #1 telling him 1 thing and someone else a different thing, some mention of a shampoo gets made

- Man from London starts to say good things about Dr #1 and turns against the haters

- Dr #2 gets angry

- Dr #1 gets angry

- Debate fades

- Defenders fight back

- more people get angry

- Dr #3 joins the fight by making a post but then withdraws and deletes the post before disappearing into the sunset

- Haters state that thread has backfired on Dr #1 and that he will now go out of business

- Debate fades

HA! Classic.

- Dr #1 pushes back

- The haters fight back

- The defenders join in

- Poster gets angry

- fight gets nasty

- Dr #2 gets angry

- Dr #1 gets angry

- Debate fades

- Defenders fight back

- more people get angry

- Debate fades

haha brilliant!!

Mav,

You totally nailed it with that post.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Sorry buddy but that never happened, you slipped into the realms of poetic license!

Sorry buddy but that never happened, you slipped into the realms of poetic license!

No some posters actually stated that the thread had backfired on the Dr and that it will cause him to lose business - blah blah blah. I kid you not

In my opinion, you went about it the wrong way and now it's backfired on you and your partners. This thread has backfired on you and it's been your own doing.
Edited by mav23100gunther

• Administrators
No some posters actually stated that the thread had backfired on the Dr and that it will cause him to lose business - blah blah blah. I kid you not

I actually never even bothered to consult with him in person as I was turned off by his bedside manner on this forum..

Was I wrong?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Was I wrong?

Honestly, in my own opinion, I think it raised his profile further and brought him new business. Think about it, he has put himself out there, and good or bad, more prospective patients reading this site know the name Feller, so at a minimum they will consult with him. I know his office waitlist extends a couple of weeks to get in for a consult, and apparently he had a large crowd come visit whilst he was in London. Say what you want about Dr Feller, but everything he does is carefully planned and calculated. He knows exactly what he was doing when he starts his various threads, and yes, I think it brought him publicity. Some may argue that the publicity was bad, but its publicity nonetheless. At a minimum I think he has swayed a lot of patients thinking about getting FUE to go with FUT, and that is good for him as an FUT patient is now a prospective Feller patient. Just because I was turned off doesn't mean everyone else was. Think Bosley, its the brand recognition that gets prospective patients in the door. Unlike Bosley, Dr Feller also happens to be an outstanding surgeon who consistently delivers solid results. I also think the fact that the Feller name is getting patients to pay full price to have Dr Bloxham perform the procedure is also very telling. So, yes I think you were wrong overall.

• Administrators
Honestly, in my own opinion, I think it raised his profile further and brought him new business. Think about it, he has put himself out there, and good or bad, more prospective patients reading this site know the name Feller, so at a minimum they will consult with him. I know his office waitlist extends a couple of weeks to get in for a consult, and apparently he had a large crowd come visit whilst he was in London. Say what you want about Dr Feller, but everything he does is carefully planned and calculated. He knows exactly what he was doing when he starts his various threads, and yes, I think it brought him publicity. Some may argue that the publicity was bad, but its publicity nonetheless. At a minimum I think he has swayed a lot of patients thinking about getting FUE to go with FUT, and that is good for him as an FUT patient is now a prospective Feller patient. Just because I was turned off doesn't mean everyone else was. Think Bosley, its the brand recognition that gets prospective patients in the door. Unlike Bosley, Dr Feller also happens to be an outstanding surgeon who consistently delivers solid results. I also think the fact that the Feller name is getting patients to pay full price to have Dr Bloxham perform the procedure is also very telling. So, yes I think you were wrong overall.

I disagree, if you look back to old threads Feller was consistently mentioned as one of the top doctors in the world in this forum and others, now it's konoir, Shapiro, Rahal, and H&W for strip, no one ever mentions feller, in fact the only people who praise him are posters who haven't even had a procedure by him, they've only "seen" his work through friends. So in all, I think the thread did backfire and ultimately did cause him to lose some business, I never said it would ruin him but it definitely didn't help. Couple that with the Feller bait and switch thread, I'd say his reputation has been severely damaged, that thread really hurt his rep, the fact that he was quiet during the whole thread says it all. Do I think he'll survive, yea I think he'll still get patients and he'll be fine, but do I think he'll ever be regarded as he was 4 years back, no I think those days are long gone and most of which by his own doing.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The maxim 'No Such Thing As Bad Publicity' came to mind, Ok that might be going too far but the needlessly antagonistic tone from the off could raise suspicions that it was just a marketing ploy ,bottom line is results matter and if Feller/ Bloxham produce good results they will get the business

If you look at the number of active members on here, ~3000, probably less than 100 actually post regularly. Of the other 2900 who's to say 50% of them didn't agree with Feller's FUE thread? We've no idea....and what about the thousands who view the site without a membership?

Business has been so bad for Feller he decided to take on a Physician/Business Partner in Dr Bloxham during a period where his posting presence on here was virtually none existent. I'm sure business is booming.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day