1 Year 5 Mo Update - Rahal FUE

home1212

Hi Everyone - I just wanted to provide an updated photo of results approx 1 year and 5 months after my 1st FUE with Dr. Rahal in Ottawa. My first procedure was in Sept. 2014 where he restored the frontal zone with a little over 2k grafts. A year later, Sept 2015, I had a 2nd FUE where he worked behind the frontal zone up to my crown with another 1500 grafts - or a total of 3500 grafts in 2 procedures spaced out over a year. I'm a 47 year old male, I've attached a pic of my hair loss condition before my first procedure - as you can see I had extensive hair loss - NW 5A - 6. In my opinion Dr. Rahal did alot with very little... very happy with my decision to have gone with his clinic.

IMG_0092.JPG.e4cd96a0365fe450b9b01e5e43b9f39c.JPG

IMG_0058.thumb.jpg.d5240ded328a92042a0b9bb93dd39a22.jpg

Looks good. Did you have a procedure prior to your first with Rahal?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• Administrators

What a night and day difference wow you must be very happy looks awesome.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

thanks alot guys, I"m very pleased - especially from where I started from, it was more of a "corrective" procedure for me, but turned out being a life changer in terms of being able to wear hair more naturally, not doing creative styling everyday, covering up plugs, etc.

as far as meds - I was never on them before or after the procedure. I did try them when I was younger, did not see any results, so I stopped, but I'm hoping my hair loss pattern was somewhat stabilized before I had my procedure, so my primary objective is just to maintain and keep this as long as I can!! I do use Rogaine foam twice daily and take a host of supplements, including Saw Palmetto, Glucosamine Chondrotin MSM, Biotin, etc. I also use the Regenpure shampoos daily, except I alternate DR every other day instead of daily.

that's about it... anything else you guys would recommend?

Your pics look great. I am new to this site and have filled out a consultation form with Dr. Rahal online as I live in Toronto.

In your experience after your first initial meeting with Dr. Rahal, did it take long after to book your first FUE surgery? Also, does your donor area become scarred in any way?

I would like to look at doing hair restoration but just like everyone else I am scared to death of having results where my hair looks un natural. I also worry that my donor area has obvious scars where I can no longer shave my head so ultimately in the end I am left with either a un natural looking set of hair or a obvious scarred shaved head.

HTyyz - I booked my procedure nearly 8 or 9 months before because I planned it out that way in terms of taking vacation time etc. I know Dr. Rahal's waiting list can be 4-6 months depending on the time of year, his surgery schedule etc. His office should be able to give you some initial estimate of time based on their surgery calendar.

With respect to scarring, FUE is less invasive than FUT - ie. there will be no linear scar as grafts are removed one at a time rather than thruough an entire strip. However, with any surgery, there will be some scarring - with FUE sometimes they appear like small white dots. Sometimes barely noticeable if you keep your hair extremely short, but if you know what you're looking for, you can notice them - and probably will notice them if you shave your head very close. I don't do either so its not an issue for me, but I chose FUE because it obviously is less invasive and I did not want a linear scar from one side of my head to the other. Any other questions including any about Rahal, etc. do not hesitate to send me a private messsage.

HTyyz - I booked my procedure nearly 8 or 9 months before because I planned it out that way in terms of taking vacation time etc. I know Dr. Rahal's waiting list can be 4-6 months depending on the time of year, his surgery schedule etc. His office should be able to give you some initial estimate of time based on their surgery calendar.

With respect to scarring, FUE is less invasive than FUT - ie. there will be no linear scar as grafts are removed one at a time rather than thruough an entire strip. However, with any surgery, there will be some scarring - with FUE sometimes they appear like small white dots. Sometimes barely noticeable if you keep your hair extremely short, but if you know what you're looking for, you can notice them - and probably will notice them if you shave your head very close. I don't do either so its not an issue for me, but I chose FUE because it obviously is less invasive and I did not want a linear scar from one side of my head to the other. Any other questions including any about Rahal, etc. do not hesitate to send me a private messsage.

Thank you for your response home1212. How short is your hair in the donor area? I Would you be able to take a picture and share with me?

Thanks for the update. Generally we started with same level of loss (but I can't tell your crown situation) :) and I had a few more grafts all in 1 session so it's good to see what is to be expected with mid/high 3000s grafts.

Did you always wear your hair short? Any plans to go longer? I think generally if you grow a bit longer it does a bit more to create that illusion of density so was wondering if you had plans to grow it out a bit on top at least.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).