Can comb hair again

Mick50

Hi there just uploading a recent pic taken with a pretty good digital camera,I,m at 13 month 1 week post op,I will create an album at the 15 month mark with full face pics in different lighting situations, just letting you know I haven't forgotten that i said a year ago that I will show the result good bad or indifferent. So far i am very happy, i still feel there is more thickening to happen I am 53 years old I have read that older guys can take longer to reach the full result ,

as I said great to be able to use a comb I haven't been able to do that for years .

Just to remind you i had 4200 FUE grafts in Turkey with Longevita. Dr Resat drew the hairline but it was techs that did the actual work. Also i have quite a large head so am pleased with the coverage I have with 4200 grafts

DSC_0488.thumb.jpg.8027ceae6800ee9b3e5b6d9a1bca97d7.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg.1390cb10f69625d5d35a8225f6c20bf8.jpg

Edited by Mick50

This is amazing result for a FUE

BTW - What do u mean by 'I understand why guys .....'

Thanks Indi9, no it was FUE I really didn't want to go down the FUT route, though of course

I understand why guys choose that option I will edit post to show it was an FUE

Well for guys who have severe hair-loss like I had FUT is the recommend way to go, I basically had no hair on top [apart from a few miniaturised hairs stubbornly resisting DHT but offering no cosmetic affect] form hair-line to a large balding crown if you check out my albums

it will give you a better idea where I was at, but if i am to really honest I didn't know a lot about the whole hair transplant business just went to Turkey on an impulse cos I was pissed off with

having a horseshoe shape, I could live with a receding hairline but when the full horseshoe kicked in I hated it, The Doctors name was Dr Resat with he's with longevita in Istanbul

Thanks needoarhair yes it has made a big difference I would say at my age it has been a life enhancer rather than a like changer, at 53 you need more than a full head of hair going for you, but of course I'm delighted. I will show the result from every angle and different lighting at the 15 month mark, this pic was just to show people that I hadn't forgotten, also if it can help guys who haven't got the dosh to go to the top Docs that there are options ,transplant only cost me 1750 pounds including hotel and transfers .

I will need a second transplant for the crown 4200 grafts was never going to give total coverage for a Norwood 5-6 but I will wait the full 18 month to decide . Best of luck with your transplant

• Administrators

Wow looks great amazing transformation Mick, I guess FUE isn't as terrible as some recommended docs make it seem.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Yes Htsoon I was going to title this thread 'Another Failed FUE Hair transplant ' for the benefit

of you know who, but I thought i would just let the pic do the talking ,thanks for your comments, much appreciated

Yes Htsoon I was going to title this thread 'Another Failed FUE Hair transplant ' for the benefit

of you know who, but I thought i would just let the pic do the talking ,thanks for your comments, much appreciated

Ha ha ha ...

What meds or supplements did you take ?

Just Biotin , thinking about trying saw palmetto, didn't see the point in trying Fin as the horse had already bolted in that respect, most of my hair on top had gone so hopefully the transplanted hair was taken form the safe zone, just have to see what happens .

Very nice result for 4200 grafts - can you show crown region in future updates? Thx. Your 7.5 mo update still shows some crown open so curious how it is filling in.

How did you have your 4200 distributed in terms of hairline vs top vs crown. Your 1 advantage was your lateral humps seemed very covered with hair so your sides were very high pre op so you didnt need to waste hair there.

Big change - congrats.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

I was graded as a Norwood 5-6 by most Docs who I sent pics to, one Docter in Turkey a Dr Kul estimated I would need 8000 grafts, so shows you basically I was pretty much bald from hair-line to a large crown, also I take a large size in a hat which doesn't help. The positives I had good density and a good donor to balding area ratio for a high Norwood, mainly as you noticed because of high lateral humps which hopefully at my age are pretty much stable.

Regarding hair follicle thickness I would say average at best, definitely not the coarse hair some guys have on here which really helps with coverage.

I only showed the recent pic just to let people know I hadn't forgotten to show pics at the 12 month mark, I decided to wait until month 15 as some of the hair especially in the mid scalp are still playing catch up I actually think I will be close to the final result at aprox month 18.

You're right about the crown Dutchie definitely going to need a second transplant ,although it has filled in compared to the 7.5 month pics, 4200 was never going to giver total coverage for someone with my hair -loss ,15 month update will show hair from every angle I'm hoping 2000 grafts starting from midsection backwoods will finish it off. There was no actual plan as such, Dr Resat basically said the techs would extract as many grafts as safely possible, then start from the hair-line and work back , I have no record of how many 1,2,3 grafts etc . I look forward to your updates in the following months,

you have good characteristics especially the frontal forelock that's a big plus.

Edited by Mick50

That's awesome, man! And hair like that at 53? Even more impressive. Not that 53 is old, but you know what I mean.... :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

That's awesome, man! And hair like that at 53? Even more impressive. Not that 53 is old, but you know what I mean....Quote

Ha thanks pkipling yes 53 is not old but it's getting there, hopefully have a nice head of hair at 60 that will be cool.

Thanks chris39,, older guys than us on here man, actually quite cool having more hair than I did 20 years ago, yes its good to see the higher NW'S getting good results, I'm going to put op more pics at the 15 month mark including harsh lights wet hair etc I want to give the full picture not just flattering angles

I was graded as a Norwood 5-6 by most Docs who I sent pics to, one Docter in Turkey a Dr Kul estimated I would need 8000 grafts, so shows you basically I was pretty much bald from hair-line to a large crown, also I take a large size in a hat which doesn't help. The positives I had good density and a good donor to balding area ratio for a high Norwood, mainly as you noticed because of high lateral humps which hopefully at my age are pretty much stable.

Regarding hair follicle thickness I would say average at best, definitely not the coarse hair some guys have on here which really helps with coverage.

I only showed the recent pic just to let people know I hadn't forgotten to show pics at the 12 month mark, I decided to wait until month 15 as some of the hair especially in the mid scalp are still playing catch up I actually think I will be close to the final result at aprox month 18.

You're right about the crown Dutchie definitely going to need a second transplant ,although it has filled in compared to the 7.5 month pics, 4200 was never going to giver total coverage for someone with my hair -loss ,15 month update will show hair from every angle I'm hoping 2000 grafts starting from midsection backwoods will finish it off. There was no actual plan as such, Dr Resat basically said the techs would extract as many grafts as safely possible, then start from the hair-line and work back , I have no record of how many 1,2,3 grafts etc . I look forward to your updates in the following months,

you have good characteristics especially the frontal forelock that's a big plus.

You're almost an exact carbon copy of me then. We're the same age, I'm gonna be 50 next month. We are both around a NW6. We probably have same density and diameter, plus I'm pretty sure I can get 7,000 to 8,000 total grafts.

I would highly recommend you mix in some beard-hairs with scalp hairs when you do the crown. Cause thats what I'm gonna be doing :)

I'm only 2 months post op so not much for me to report as yet .

It's funny , but I've seen in posts over the past few months from some people questioning why bother with a transplant as you get older . Just goes to prove that if hair loss has bothered you for a number of years , it doesn't just go away .

Came across a few threads lately of men in their 70's getting HT's - fair do's I reckon.

Although I checked out transplants 10 odd years ago , decided not to do aything about it at the time for various reasons . For some reason 3 months ago i decided to research it again and 2 months later had it done . If I can get anywhere near my modest expectations I'll be over the moon .

Will look out for your updates .

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice result for 4200 grafts - can you show crown region in future updates? Thx. Your 7.5 mo update still shows some crown open so curious how it is filling in.

How did you have your 4200 distributed in terms of hairline vs top vs crown. Your 1 advantage was your lateral humps seemed very covered with hair so your sides were very high pre op so you didnt need to waste hair there.

Big change - congrats.

Thank thisguy somehow got your comments mixed with Dutchie's I will show pics of crown at the 15 month update I think I will need another 2000 grafts ,I won't get full coverage as crown is very difficult to cover but at 53 I can live with that

I'm only 2 months post op so not much for me to report as yet .

It's funny , but I've seen in posts over the past few months from some people questioning why bother with a transplant as you get older . Just goes to prove that if hair loss has bothered you for a number of years , it doesn't just go away .

Came across a few threads lately of men in their 70's getting HT's - fair do's I reckon.

Although I checked out transplants 10 odd years ago , decided not to do aything about it at the time for various reasons . For some reason 3 months ago i decided to research it again and 2 months later had it done . If I can get anywhere near my modest expectations I'll be over the moon .

Will look out for your updates .

Yes it's all relative, young men think after 40 they won't care how their hair looks but of course that is utter BS, I personally think losing hair and how it affects someone is more indicative of a personality type rather than an age thing,The best scenario is that you don't go bald ,second best is that Ok if you go bald ,pain in the ass but it doesn't fuck you up too much

third scenario is what most of us have here so we decide to do something about it,actually having a hair transplant at my age is probably ideal as I don't have to worry about further hair -loss

Best of luck with your transplant I'm sure you will achieve your goal and exceed your expectations, for me it has been a life enhancer rather than a life changer, definitely with doing

Edited by Mick50

You're almost an exact carbon copy of me then. We're the same age, I'm gonna be 50 next month. We are both around a NW6. We probably have same density and diameter, plus I'm pretty sure I can get 7,000 to 8,000 total grafts.

I would highly recommend you mix in some beard-hairs with scalp hairs when you do the crown. Cause thats what I'm gonna be doing :)

To be honest Dutchie using beard or body hair is a step too far for me, I think I have at least 2000 grafts left, as an average FUE donor supports 7400 grafts according to Dr Erdogan,

going to leave it until the 18 month mark, thinking about going with Dr Yaman.