Feller/Bloxham set up

To me, there's 3 very simple questions that need to be asked and addressed:

Was this a patient of Dr. Feller/Bloxham?

Who performed the surgery on this patient?

How was this communicated to the patient / was their consent?

The moderators chose to remove the thread because of a threat made to the doctor-which is completely understandable. I think we can all reasonably agree that it is likely the patient had his procedure there, conspiracy theories aside. Question #1 answered.

However, the latter two questions still linger and remain unknown. Until the moderators or the clinic addresses this more clearly skepticism will stay. Unfortunately rumors don't just resolve themselves.

Completely agree!

IMO, paying Dr.s come first on this site patients second.

I just hope potential Feller candidates read this thread before Bill deletes it.

The only reason this thread hasn't been deleted is because of the "title."

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree entirely.The controversy here doesn't stem from his allegation that he was a patient or that he had surgery. It stems from his claim that he was baited and switched. So merely establishing that he was a patient would have no bearing on the question whether he got baited and switched. In other words, the "evidence" you want wouldn't prove anything.

- Agreed on what the controversy is, but we have to first establish that he was in fact a patient who got his procedure with the clinic last week as he claimed. Yes, the evidence doesn't prove he was baited and switched, but at least we then have a credible starting point.

Even assuming that he was "an ex-patient out to get" the doctor, he would still have pictures and other documents confirming the fact of his surgery at the clinic, right? So how would presenting that evidence prove that he was NOT "an ex-patient out to get" the doctor? It wouldn't. After all, an ex-patient who was out to get the doctor would still have photos and documents.

- He claims he had the procedure last week so the letter/e-mail will have a date on it.

The assumption that he was not a patient and, by extension, that he's just a random psychopath who whiles away his days pretending, of all things, to be a hair-transplant patient is simply not reasonable, in my opinion.

What's more reasonable: (1) that a psychopath wandered onto a hair-transplant forum to fabricate a story about a doctor with whom he's never actually had a procedure; or (2) that a doctor who is the subject of such a serious allegation would choose not to refute it simply because the patient did not post photos or a confirmation email?

- Let's me add two additional scenarios - 3) a potential patient who went to consult with Dr Feller and got turned away for whatever reason 4) an ex patient who was not satisfied with his results and is trying to get back at Feller. We know that they exist, just go back and read Feller's past posts where he has had to defend against plenty of those. Even LondonHTseeker hates the man for that free MFUE fiasco and for telling him and Shampoo two different timeframes.

- Sorry mate, Professer loses credibility when he doesn't present documentation he has that can confirm he had the surgery with Feller last week and deletes all his posts. It's definitely plausible that he is some nut just making an unfounded allegation to get back at Feller. I actually do believe the allegation, but I need more.

Even LondonHTseeker hates the man for that free MFUE fiasco and for telling him and Shampoo two different timeframes.

Um, I don't hate him, I really don't. I'm ambivalent towards him but he's certainly not important enough in my life to waste time hating. In fact, overall he has improved my life with the HTs and my visits to his clinic were pleasant enough so it would be essentially churlish to resent him (despite some of the reservations I have).

Let's focus on the opening questions so that this topic doesn't get deleted.

• Administrators

Simple questions, disregarding professor who's long gone, are patients informed of who will perform their procedure? and what roles do either physicians play in the procedure? This is a fair inquiry, forgetting past issues let's assume these questions are moving forward.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Do you guys honestly think they are going to reply to this thread? As far a I can tell not one of you is considering Feller/Bloxham, quite the opposite in fact... This is not a sincere post.

If anyone genuinely wanted to find this information out they can pick up the phone or do an online consultation with the docs.

Who knows what happened with that patient of theirs. I've no idea. It did remind me of a friend of mine who had a transplant with my own doc. He told me a story of how the post op meds (i.e. diazepam/codine) made him act very strangely to the point his friend had to call the doc up at 3am to calm him down. It could have been something as simple as that, but who knows. If he genuinely has a problem there isn't much to stop him posting at a later date.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hi everybody,

While I think Matt1978 -- as usual -- brings up a very valid point here, we have always been open and honest about how we do things. So I have no problem answering some of the basic questions posed. In fact, I've done so online several times before.

I apologize ahead of time for the anti-climactic answer, but here it is:

All patients are informed in writing as to who will perform their procedure. No exceptions. The roles of staff and physicians will vary.

Again, sorry for the boring reply. I hope this helps.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi everybody,

While I think Matt1978 -- as usual -- brings up a very valid point here, we have always been open and honest about how we do things. So I have no problem answering some of the basic questions posed. In fact, I've done so online several times before.

All patients are informed in writing as to who will perform their procedure. No exceptions. The roles of staff and physicians will vary.

Boring is about right! However, it's also patently inaccurate to suggest that it's a transparent reply i.e. "open and honest". The severe lack of detail is essentially an obstructive non-answer to my opening post. :rolleyes:

Do you guys honestly think they are going to reply to this thread? As far a I can tell not one of you is considering Feller/Bloxham, quite the opposite in fact... This is not a sincere post.

If anyone genuinely wanted to find this information out they can pick up the phone or do an online consultation with the docs.

The thread's opening questions are sincere. Just because I won't be having further surgery with Dr Feller it doesn't mean I have no right to be interested in his activities. As an ex-patient of his and user of this forum, I inevitably am interested in them and rightfully so.

Until some detail is presented to the forum we have no idea how transparent the process is for their patients, which is the purpose of this thread: to shed light on what seems a curious and uncertain arrangement, as already detailed here by a patient and obfuscated around by Blake in the above post.

Blake, with all due respect, this response feels purposely evasive and vague.

We undertand tech's play a key role in the procedure, but its important to establish who the patient selected as his doctor and what role he played. The patient chooses his doctor, not the other way around.

Hi everybody,

Gentlemen, he answered the question that was asked of him. Let me ask Blake four questions:

1) was professor an actual patient like he claimed he was?

2) if yes, was he informed in writing that you would perform his surgery?

3) can the patient choose to have you or Dr Feller perform the surgery?

4) if Dr Feller is the assigned surgeon, has it ever been switched to you on the day of surgery?

Gentlemen, he answered the question that was asked of him. Let me ask Blake four questions:

4) if Dr Feller is the assigned surgeon, has it ever been switched to you on the day of surgery?

What are you talking about...He ignored several of my questions, some of which you've just rephrased and asked again.

All questions about the "prof" are obviously going to be ignored. Have fun pissing into the wind with that one.

tumblr_mm8gulQvoz1s3g3ago1_500.gif

Edited by LondonHTseeker

What are you talking about...He ignored several of my questions, some of which you've just rephrased and asked again.

All questions about the "prof" are obviously going to be ignored. Have fun pissing into the wind with that one.

Aaahhh right, forgot about your questions London -

5) Blake, also why did Feller tell London to wait 7 months when he told Shampoo to wait 9 months for a 2nd procedure?

Hi everybody,

Hahahahahahahah! Wait - Hahahahahahahahah

Very funny. It was 6 and 8 months, and I suspect I know what the reason was for the discrepancy. Go back and read my posts if you want the answer. beating-head-against-the-wall.gif

My guess is that the consent form is in generalised terms. I doubt it's as specific as something like, "Dr Feller will be the doctor performing the surgery today." Without someone either enquiring about it with them as a prospective patient and posting the information here, and/or a past/current patient posting here to explain exactly what they were informed of and consented to, I guess we're not going to be any wiser any time soon.

Just own it and its over.

"He was a patient of ours, Dr. Feller was the doctor he selected, another physician assisted during parts of the procedure, the patient was unhappy with this arrangement even though it was well explained both in person and on the consent form. The patient feels better now that we've discussed further and ultimately is happy with the outcome. We will share results as they come".

Perfect. We appreciate it. Can't want to see the progress! Thanks!

How easy was that?

Just own it and its over.

"He was a patient of ours, Dr. Feller was the doctor he selected, another physician assisted during parts of the procedure, the patient was unhappy with this arrangement even though it was well explained both in person and on the consent form. The patient feels better now that we've discussed further and ultimately is happy with the outcome. We will share results as they come".

Perfect. We appreciate it. Can't want to see the progress! Thanks!

How easy was that?

Not so easy though because Professor claimed that Dr Blake was making the incisions. If Feller was the selected surgeon and Dr Blake was the one cutting the strip and making the incisions, then we all know that's a huge problem that would hurt Feller big time, and he knows it. If that is what happened he would be an idiot to come out and state the above.

I've just crawled out of Dr Feller's ass to say that as the patient deleted his original comments, it's fair to say whatever happened has now been resolved, probably amicably.

His claim of bait and switch is nill and void, as he removed said claim. There was obviously a misunderstanding or a failure on Feller and Bloxam's side to properly notify the patient.

We'll probably never know for sure.

How was it up there?? So why not Feller the 2nd time?

Not so easy though because Professor claimed that Dr Blake was making the incisions. If Feller was the selected surgeon and Dr Blake was the one cutting the strip and making the incisions, then we all know that's a huge problem that would hurt Feller big time, and he knows it. If that is what happened he would be an idiot to come out and state the above.

Wishful thinking on my part I suppose.

I am not saying who is right or wrong but I was online and interacted with professor while these posts were being made and some of the stuff that has since been deleted I did not believe. He said the day after his surgery that he talked to Hasson and Wong and Doctor Bernstein and they both agreed he was wronged. They are both respected clinics no way anyone would say this the day after a surgery. One of the members asked professor who they talked to at these clinics and he ignored it. I don't believe half of what he said. Could he be right with saying doctors were switched on him ? Could be but we will never know. There are a bunch of people that want to get back at Feller for the fue fut battle so who knows. The big question is does this surprise you? There are tons of clinics where the doctor doesn't even do the procedure so why are people mad about this? I would want a doctor over a tech any day. Yes I understand that when you pick a doctor he should be doing your procedure and that should be well known on paper but it's not . There is a doctor I went to in San Jose I will not name him but he does very little of the surgery. Sometimes great results sometimes not but how do you know which tech gets you the great results? What if that tech is sick the day of your procedure? The entire industry is not policed in the way it should be.

Blake, are you going to answer any of my questions above?

I've been really patient in refraining from sharing a message that was sent to me by Dr. Feller the day after Professor's thread was removed. I don't want to be involved, I have nothing personally against either doctor, and both have really helped me during my own process. Again, I don't want to be involved but like others I find some of the details troubling.

I would really prefer to have the mods resolve this matter, but I also understand they cannot force anyone to acknowledge what happened. Each passing day of silence is only making the matter worse, though.

How was it up there?? So why not Feller the 2nd time?

Warm and cosy, a great place to read a book. Feller doesn't do more than 800 grafts a day for FUE and made his opinion on FUE very clear in the 'FUE vs FUT thread'. He did recommend Dr Lorenzo though, who i had already contacted previously, and Spex said he was a great choice as well.

Dr Feller is an excellent doctor, but his rep is not as high on this forum as it used to be.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

I've been really patient in refraining from sharing a message that was sent to me by Dr. Feller the day after Professor's thread was removed.

I remember when Dr Feller emailed me before my last operation with him a few years ago requesting I forward him the private forum messages Corvettester had sent to me. I told him I had already deleted them, but they are still sitting in my sent folder. :D

I remember when Dr Feller emailed me before my last operation with him a few years ago requesting I forward him Corvettester's private forum messages to me. I told him I had already deleted them, but they are still sitting in my sent folder. :D

I've refrained out of respect, because I believe everyone should have the opportunity to tell their version of the story and accusations should not be accepted as truth. But the contents of the message strongly imply certain things happened.

Rather than airing it out in the forum irresponsibly, I've contacted the mods and Feller in hopes they would step forward and be transparent and accountable. So far I've heard very little. I'm sure my comments will be poorly received and it'll be suggested that I'm threatening to share something that was private, but I only have sincere intentions--Truth.

Hopefully they step up.