Feller/Bloxham set up

I've refrained out of respect, because I believe everyone should have the opportunity to tell their version of the story and accusations should not be accepted as truth. But the contents of the message strongly imply certain things happened.

Rather than airing it out in the forum irresponsibly, I've contacted the mods and Feller in hopes they would step forward and be transparent and accountable. So far I've heard very little. I'm sure my comments will be poorly received and it'll be suggested that I'm threatening to share something that was private, but I only have sincere intentions--Truth.

Hopefully they step up.

Esrec, its time!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, esrec, you seem a bit gullible with the things you've said. You seem very keen to believe the 'official' version of events, even despite apparently being in receipt of conflicting evidence in the form of a PM from Dr Feller.

Not naive, just masking my disgust in the form of kindness in a last ditch effort to elicit even a semi-genuine response. I'm looking at the other thread just below that makes reference to consent forms and shared responsibility which is of course the opposite of transparency and accountability. We all know what actually happened.

I agree, you should post it Esrec. It will add further context to the allegation made by Professor and the admission just made by Dr Feller himself in that it will establish that Professor was in fact a patient and that he had no say in which surgeon was performing the critical part of the surgery. Of course we will also have to note that this practice is clearly laid out in the consent forms signed by the alleged patient.

Why is it that if i try to post something on the threads containing references to Dr. Feller and Dr. Doganay i see error message?. Previously I had messages saying the message will be approved after moderation?.

I was asking some simple questions about motive behind deleting and locking threads prematurely!!!.

Please let this forum be free flowing as long as there are no nudities/threats and irresponsible accusations of doctors....the posting by professor and paleocarp has exposed the dirty side of HT buisness...let all the people discuss freely, why are mods restricting access and posting privilages?

Why is it that if i try to post something on the threads containing references to Dr. Feller and Dr. Doganay i see error message?. Previously I had messages saying the message will be approved after moderation?.

I was asking some simple questions about motive behind deleting and locking threads prematurely!!!.

Please let this forum be free flowing as long as there are no nudities/threats and irresponsible accusations of doctors....the posting by professor and paleocarp has exposed the dirty side of HT buisness...let all the people discuss freely, why are mods restricting access and posting privilages?

You're making my point! :-)

This site is all about sharing your results but only if they're good and then the Mods will follow up with an atta boy to the "recommended" Dr.

It's really a shame it came to this.

Below is the comment I made in the orignal thread which prompted the PM. Below that and attached is the message from Dr. Feller, followed by my response. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

''Pictures would be lovely. Would at least allow us to shift the focus from outcome to bedside manner. I'm pretty sure we'd all rather have a prick surgeon who delivered a solid result than the alternative."

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182113-feller-bait-switch-unqualified-understudy-6.html

"Esrec,

I wanted to thank you for bringing up the most important issue on the "Professor" thread that nobody seemed to think of- which was how did he look at the end of the procedure. Had he posted a photo everyone would have seen it was second to none. Thanks for keeping your head when everyone else was losing theirs. The reason I nor Dr. Bloxham would answer the patient is because of his public threats of violence.

Best,

Dr. Alan Feller"

"Absolutely Dr. Feller. Outcome is the most important thing.

I do think the community has some questions around who performed the surgery and how that was communicated. At some point it might make sense for you and Dr. Blox to help us understand if there was a miscommunication or of the OP simply fabricated the story.

Thanks"

That's the last of the communication. I reached out to Feller, Bill, and David. I received feedback only from David.

Edited by esrec

***Enters thread discussion waving white flag*** with questions.

I'm not an attorney, however, wouldn't there be a legal issue for the Doctors to discuss a patient and their medical status/records/history without prior written consent from the patient? Patient/Doctor privilege? Is this perhaps why Dr. Blake responded with a general/basic response? I ask because I would be pretty doggone upset if a doctor shared any details about appointments, procedure or anything medically related about me without my prior written consent, especially on a public forum

Given that Professor deleted his posts and confirmed that he had spoken with the doctors and patched things up, there may have been some form of "agreements" between the parties regarding further public disclosure. Is it possible that this may be the reason "Professor" did not follow-up with pictures and additional details?

***Exits thread discussion waving white flag***

***Enters thread discussion waving white flag*** with questions.

I'm not an attorney, however, wouldn't there be a legal issue for the Doctors to discuss a patient and their medical status/records/history without prior written consent from the patient? Patient/Doctor privilege? Is this perhaps why Dr. Blake responded with a general/basic response? I ask because I would be pretty doggone upset if a doctor shared any details about appointments, procedure or anything medically related about me without my prior written consent, especially on a public forum

Given that Professor deleted his posts and confirmed that he had spoken with the doctors and patched things up, there may have been some form of "agreements" between the parties regarding further public disclosure. Is it possible that this may be the reason "Professor" did not follow-up with pictures and additional details?

***Exits thread discussion waving white flag***

Or it's possible that it's clearly stated in the consent forms that Professor signed the fact that Dr Bloxham could be involved in the critical aspects of the surgery such as the incision making process, and that its at the Doctor's discretion. When Feller pointed him towards that page, he probably realized he was done and withdrew. Or maybe not and Dr Feller offered him a refund. I think all of that is water under the bridge at this point. The most important information out in the open is that when a patient chooses Dr Feller, he is not guaranteed that Dr Feller will in fact perform the key aspects of the surgery which could in fact be performed by his newly qualified apprentice.

I've stopped participating in this thread because, frankly, I don't really care what happened. The clinic involved was never on my short list, so it's not that important to me.

I write now only to say this: never forget that this industry is not "medicine" in any traditional sense. It's a sales-focused business in which ethics isn't often atop the list of priorities. Caveat emptor.

Edited by Shadow of the EMpire State

Those posts of the messages just confirms it and the situation. However, it is what it is. Proves how multiples businesses operate behind the scenes. There a few docs who speak of other patients to other patients behind the scenes as well. These are the type of things that helps those that are monitoring certain aspects of the industry.

Query: what evidence could have possibly proved the allegation? Showing post-op pictures or some other indication that he had gone to the clinic would have done nothing to support his specific claims. And doubtless, had he provided that kind of "evidence" (I use the term liberally), that would have been the general response among the forum members. But because he posted no pictures, suddenly it's "the lack of pictures" that makes his story untrustworthy.

Shadow,

The fact that "Professor" removed his comments shows that he is untrustworthy, amongst many other things.

Youv'e been a member here for quite sometime and you always have a way of finding and focusing on the negative instead of the positive about everything. The publishers of this community take patient satisfaction and concerns very seriously. Why do you think we ended up suspending Dr. Doganay's recommendation? We've done this with several other doctors in the past as well. Moreover, we turn down dozens of applications for recommendation privately every couple of months because they simply don't have enough evidence that shows they are producing exceptional results regularly.

Ultimately, we do our best to keep this forum fair and safe for both patients and physicians. However, we are not going to entertain posters who can't commit to their posts and remove them when they are asked for photos or more evidence to back up their claims. Thus, the topic was archived out of public view and the poster was suspended. The reasons for this are quite clear and I would expect being a member of this community for a long time, that you would not only understand but support our decision.

Bill

Lefty Gopher,

You obviously have no clue or respect for how we run and operate this community. To say "paying doctors come first" shows that you either don't know or don't care that we allow genuine posters to share their legitimate experiences and concerns on this forum. However, if a poster is not going to stand behind his comments, not substantiate them with proof and then go as far as remove them, we are not going to entertain him/her or take them seriously. That's why his thread was archived out of public view and why he was suspended.

Frankly, you never have anything positive to say on this community and have become a poison in an otherwise healthy well. This community doesn't need such negativity dragging it down. Go find somewhere else to spew your negativity.

Onwards,

Bill

For the record, I feel strongly and have communicated with both Dr. Feller and Dr. Bloxam that they should address the legitimate questions posed by members on this thread. I too would not only like to, but need to know how he operates his clinic now that Dr. Bloxam is onboard.

If I'm a prospective patient and find Dr. Feller's Coalition profile, I would like to know whether or not Dr. Feller will be performing my surgery. It's one thing if Dr. Bloxam is part of the surgical team and involved in every procedure. But if I am a patient and select Dr. Feller for surgery, I certainly wouldn't want to be blindsided and find out on the day of surgery that Dr. Bloxam will be performing my surgery and Dr. Feller won't even be involved, or will barely be involved.

That said, I am a firm believer in informed consent. If a prospective patient selects Dr. Feller and then is informed before putting a deposit down that Dr. Bloxam will be performing his surgery, the prospective patient then has the option of requesting Dr. Feller. If Dr. Feller cannot perform his surgery, the prospective patient can then choose to leave the clinic and select another doctor to perform his surgery.

To that end, since there are so many questions about this, I ask Dr. Feller and Dr. Bloxam to explain in detail how this works to the community. The community has the right to know.,

Best,

Bill

P.S. If Dr. Feller and/or Dr. Bloxam prefer I create a new topic to ask this question, I am happy to do this.

Blake,

I read your response on this topic and frankly, it clears up very little if anything at all. For starters, when are they informed in writing? The day of surgery when it's too late? Or when they come in for a consultation? Do they have to put down any money prior to finding out who will be performing their procedure?

What exactly does the document say? Is it written in general terms or will it say very specifically who will be performing their procedure?

Blake, I think from helping moderate this community for a couple years how important transparency is. While I'm sure you are an excellent surgeon, you are still new and people who select Dr. Feller as their surgeon from this community have the right to know whether or not he will be performing their procedure if they select him.

Bill

Esrec,

The reason you received a response from David rather than me or both of us is because I've asked him to respond on our behalf. There is no sense in both of us responding with the same commentary and thus, as long as Dave addressed your concerns, there wasn't a need for both of us to respond. If you feel that your concerns have not been resolved, please send me another private message and I will see what I can do to help you.

Best wishes,

Bill

Esrec,

The reason you received a response from David rather than me or both of us is because I've asked him to respond on our behalf. There is no sense in both of us responding with the same commentary and thus, as long as Dave addressed your concerns, there wasn't a need for both of us to respond. If you feel that your concerns have not been resolved, please send me another private message and I will see what I can do to help you.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks BIll. Everything you've expresesd in the above posts handles my concerns.

Bill why are you so sure Blake is an excellent surgeon? he is only as far as as I remember only 7-8 months out of medical school, please don't treat as idiots, what proof do you have he is an excellent surgeon?

Also to add I noticed Feller medical have changed their website to in include Dr Bloxham, but when you click on to 'about us' Dr Bloxham's biog goes straight into Dr Feller biog what does that tell you? what can they say, he just finished medical school but don't worry he will give you the same result as Dr Feller, this is a joke anyone who is willing to pay top dollar for a novice needs their head examined.

Edited by Mick50