Feller/Bloxham set up

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm sure you are an excellent surgeon,

Bill the question still stands in context or without, why are you so sure Blake is an excellent surgeon what proof do we have to show this ?

Agree with you Mick50, but Bill i suppose is basing it on few facts like he has been chosen by Dr. feller to be a partner and he wouldn't choose ''ANY'' partner...that too when he already has a successful practice. Also Bill has worked with Dr. Blake as a co-moderator.

But I agree the practice has to be transparent and has to respond to this thread in detail about their procedures...whilst it is also important that all prospective clients also make doubly sure before they undergo the HT as to who will do the work!, preferably in written format.

My Thread: 

Mick50,

It's obvious you missed the point of my entire message to Blake and you are taking my words out of context for what? Try re-reading my post to Blake and hopefully a second read will help you find the point and main idea of my message.

Bill

Bil, question regarding Dr Bloxham. Are non-recommended surgeons generally allowed to post their patient results and various self promotional videos/threads on this forum?

Blake,

I read your response on this topic and frankly, it clears up very little if anything at all. For starters, when are they informed in writing? The day of surgery when it's too late? Or when they come in for a consultation? Do they have to put down any money prior to finding out who will be performing their procedure?

What exactly does the document say? Is it written in general terms or will it say very specifically who will be performing their procedure?

Blake, I think from helping moderate this community for a couple years how important transparency is. While I'm sure you are an excellent surgeon, you are still new and people who select Dr. Feller as their surgeon from this community have the right to know whether or not he will be performing their procedure if they select him.

Bill

Exactly. These are intriguing questions and Blake's original response to this thread insulted our collective intelligence.

Blake,

I read your response on this topic and frankly, it clears up very little if anything at all. For starters, when are they informed in writing? The day of surgery when it's too late? Or when they come in for a consultation? Do they have to put down any money prior to finding out who will be performing their procedure?

What exactly does the document say? Is it written in general terms or will it say very specifically who will be performing their procedure?

Blake, I think from helping moderate this community for a couple years how important transparency is. While I'm sure you are an excellent surgeon, you are still new and people who select Dr. Feller as their surgeon from this community have the right to know whether or not he will be performing their procedure if they select him.

Bill

I would also add a question to this:

1) when Dr Bloxham is assigned to make incisions into the recepient area, is Dr Feller present the entire time watching with those special magnifying lenses to insure that Dr Bloxham is precise and getting the correct angles, density, placements ect ect?

my own personal experience when I got my first job as a lab technologist I almost didn't get hired because I had no real experience my boss gave me the chance and I became better than anyone else in the entire laboratory within 2 months my boss had enough confidence in me to let me run the whole show . I did my best to prove to myself and everyone that I could do it once trained . If you have prior medical training in college you should know enough to be prepared for your field and start working you want to do your very best and I know that's what Dr. Bloxham is doing his very best because he follows Dr. Feller's lead he has been trained by one of the best and I'm sure Dr. Feller would NEVER let him do surgery if he wasn't capable. I really never see any other doctor get blasted every time he posts it seems very suspicious to me that the same select few keep attacking him doesn't it seem obvious to every one else or are you all a part of the get Feller conspiracy. He can post all his good work all his new procedures his new partner and all you do is pick him apart . I don't even know why a doctor of his stature would even want to fight a bunch of no nothing bully's on steroids . Why don't you all wait and see how well Bloxham does but I'm sure even if he puts out stellar results you and you know the group I'm talking about will pick .pick ,pick him to death . I think this is a set up to interfere with Dr. Feller's practice and no matter what he says or does you are all waiting to tear him up with your ugly posts . This is not an enjoyable site it's pretty disturbing . Why aren't you going after other doctors with partners it makes no sense that it's always Dr. Feller you attack . Frankly it's getting redundant and a bit boring . Maybe you should find some doctor that does crappy work and put your focus on them . Nope you only go after the same doctor once again BORING . All people want to see is great results all this other stuff is just doctor bashing from a few people who have nothing better to do unless maybe this is there daily JOB

my own personal experience when I got my first job as a lab technologist I almost didn't get hired because I had no real experience my boss gave me the chance and I became better than anyone else in the entire laboratory within 2 months my boss had enough confidence in me to let me run the whole show . I did my best to prove to myself and everyone that I could do it once trained . If you have prior medical training in college you should know enough to be prepared for your field and start working you want to do your very best and I know that's what Dr. Bloxham is doing his very best because he follows Dr. Feller's lead he has been trained by one of the best and I'm sure Dr. Feller would NEVER let him do surgery if he wasn't capable. I really never see any other doctor get blasted every time he posts it seems very suspicious to me that the same select few keep attacking him doesn't it seem obvious to every one else or are you all a part of the get Feller conspiracy. He can post all his good work all his new procedures his new partner and all you do is pick him apart . I don't even know why a doctor of his stature would even want to fight a bunch of no nothing bully's on steroids . Why don't you all wait and see how well Bloxham does but I'm sure even if he puts out stellar results you and you know the group I'm talking about will pick .pick ,pick him to death . I think this is a set up to interfere with Dr. Feller's practice and no matter what he says or does you are all waiting to tear him up with your ugly posts . This is not an enjoyable site it's pretty disturbing . Why aren't you going after other doctors with partners it makes no sense that it's always Dr. Feller you attack . Frankly it's getting redundant and a bit boring . Maybe you should find some doctor that does crappy work and put your focus on them . Nope you only go after the same doctor once again BORING . All people want to see is great results all this other stuff is just doctor bashing from a few people who have nothing better to do unless maybe this is there daily JOB

Most people are questioning ''switching the doctor/proceduralist'' not the talent of the doctor. Honestly none of the questions have been answered so far by the doctors. I myself have defended the doctor saying Feller cannot possibly hire someone unless they have stellar credentials and skills. So please lets focus on the main issues here, not everybody is trying to crucify the doctor, nor is there a conspiracy angle here ---forum wants answers to some legitimate questions. I personally respect Dr. Bloxam's opinions on this forum and he is always thoughtful and usually comprehensive in his posts and responses...silence to these questions is perplexing.

Edited by harin

My Thread: 

Quick note to point out another fact about Dr. Feller and now also Dr. Bloxham:

They avoided to post on their site that they are DO (not MD) meaning that they are Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine and not Medical Doctors. I am not saying that DO are less trained to practice medicine but seems to me that most DOs always try to hide that fact from their credentials...

Minoxidil 5% twice a day

Propecia 0.5mg every other day

Ketoconazole Shampoo twice a week

Biotin, MSM, Multivitamins supplements.

1st Surgery October 2013: 1973 Grafts. ARTAS Robot. HORRIBLE DENSITY, DAMAGED DONOR AREA.

2nd Surgery Sept 2014: 1926 Grafts. Manual FUE. Little better results but still poor density (specially in the crown) compared with other top doctors.

3rd Surgery Nov 2015: 2880 Grafts. Dr. Lorenzo in Madrid, Spain. Amazing results!

Shadow,

The fact that "Professor" removed his comments shows that he is untrustworthy, amongst many other things.

Youv'e been a member here for quite sometime and you always have a way of finding and focusing on the negative instead of the positive about everything.

Respectfully, I focus on what I believe to be true. Am I generally more negative than other posters? Maybe, but I think that says more about the fanboyism and political correctness that prevail among prospective patients than about me. I call it the way I see it. In fact, I often find that if I make a critical comment, subsequent posters will admit that they agree with me. Meanwhile, before I posted, it was all praise. Is that a coincidence, or am I simply acknowledging what "some" other posters think but are afraid to say?

I've been a member of this forum for years, and I don't tell the moderators which doctors to recommend or ban. I leave that to you; it's your forum. But I think I'm within the rules when I give an opinion, even if some people think I'm a negative poster.

They haven't been. There was a single insufficient attempt made on that thread. Go back to page 10 of this thread, you'll see Bill raising the same questions and concerns the rest of us have. Those questions remain unanswered.

Edited by esrec

Would you please post the link here?

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...t-neck-ny.html

He answered initial questions, but the extent of the division of responsibilities remain vague and we still don't know what Feller's level of involvement is when Dr Bloxham performs critical aspects of the surgery. All we know is that the patients have no option to ask for only Dr Feller to perform those critical aspects.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...t-neck-ny.html

He answered initial questions, but the extent of the division of responsibilities remain vague and we still don't know what Feller's level of involvement is when Dr Bloxham performs critical aspects of the surgery. All we know is that the patients have no option to ask for only Dr Feller to perform those critical aspects.

Questions have not been answered yet!!!.

My Thread: 

For the record, I feel strongly and have communicated with both Dr. Feller and Dr. Bloxam that they should address the legitimate questions posed by members on this thread. I too would not only like to, but need to know how he operates his clinic now that Dr. Bloxam is onboard.

If I'm a prospective patient and find Dr. Feller's Coalition profile, I would like to know whether or not Dr. Feller will be performing my surgery. It's one thing if Dr. Bloxam is part of the surgical team and involved in every procedure. But if I am a patient and select Dr. Feller for surgery, I certainly wouldn't want to be blindsided and find out on the day of surgery that Dr. Bloxam will be performing my surgery and Dr. Feller won't even be involved, or will barely be involved.

That said, I am a firm believer in informed consent. If a prospective patient selects Dr. Feller and then is informed before putting a deposit down that Dr. Bloxam will be performing his surgery, the prospective patient then has the option of requesting Dr. Feller. If Dr. Feller cannot perform his surgery, the prospective patient can then choose to leave the clinic and select another doctor to perform his surgery.

To that end, since there are so many questions about this, I ask Dr. Feller and Dr. Bloxam to explain in detail how this works to the community. The community has the right to know.,

Best,

Bill

P.S. If Dr. Feller and/or Dr. Bloxam prefer I create a new topic to ask this question, I am happy to do this.

Bill,

There is no “selection” choice between me and Dr. Bloxham. Not at anytime. We are an unbreakable team. So no patient can ever make a valid claim that they expected Feller for surgery but was blindsided on the day by only getting Bloxham. Do you really believe I work that way after 22 years of practice and sixteen years of being the most open, active, and transparent doctor on HTN ? Do you think Bloxham would engage in this behavior after being a trusted moderator on HTN for the past 5 years? We know we are scrutinized more than most because we enjoy greater visibility. As a result patients have higher expectations of us. We get it, and we don’t disappoint.

Let me explain why there is no chance for your concerns to become reality. In our office all patients MUST meet with Dr. Bloxham in consultation during which Dr. Bloxham explains what we (he and I) will attempt to do regarding their surgery should they chose to have one with us. Long before any deposit is offered, all patients know and understand that we perform procedures together. Should a patient ask to only have me perform the surgery to the exclusion of Dr. Bloxham I would deny the request. To date not a single person has made this request. Should a patient happen to make this request just before a procedure I would deny that request as well. To date not a single person has made this request either. But if they did I would give them their deposit back and go enjoy the free time. Maybe make another educational video to post.

I obtain informed consent for everything I do. It’s not like a patient isn’t going to notice that 9 people other than myself are going to be working on them that day. But they read it and sign it because they have trust and faith in me. They trust that I am working in their best interests and that I will pick the best instruments, protocols and people to perform their procedure. Because in the end it is MY name on the work.

No misrepresentations, no "bait and switch", no “blindsiding”. Just an excellent team of high quality people, as always, which now includes the talented and brilliant Dr. Blake Bloxham.

I get where some of the anger on these threads are coming from. Of course some comes from disingenuous people who will jump at any opportunity to impugn me or my reputation. That's just the nature of the internet nowadays. But still there are others who believe that my inclusion of Dr. Bloxham into any procedure demonstrates arrogant disrespect toward patients.That patients should have the option not to have Dr. Bloxham participate in the surgery if they don't want him. And should I deny that request I am guilty of disrespecting patients wishes thus viewing them as second class people. I get that. I'd be angry, too.

But what these posters have yet to realize is that I give nobody the choice to decide whom I will include in my procedures nor how I will perform my procedures. The Queen of England herself could come into my office tomorrow and say I want my two grandchildren to have their procedures with you Dr. Feller, but only with you and not Dr. Bloxham. And I would deny Her Royal Highnesses request even at the risk of being sent to the Tower because I treat all patients the same and know that having Dr. Bloxham on board makes my procedures better and my practice better. Even if outsiders don't yet understand this. You all have no idea how exceptional this man truly is. You shall soon all find out.

I have been making the right decisions for my patients for the past 22 years. I have no intention of stopping that now. Bloxham is the right decision for my practice and this will become more and more self evident in time. If you come to Feller, you come to Bloxham. And you will be the better for it.

Dr. Feller

Bill,

There is no “selection” choice between me and Dr. Bloxham. Not at anytime. We are an unbreakable team. So no patient can ever make a valid claim that they expected Feller for surgery but was blindsided on the day by only getting Bloxham. Do you really believe I work that way after 22 years of practice and sixteen years of being the most open, active, and transparent doctor on HTN ? Do you think Bloxham would engage in this behavior after being a trusted moderator on HTN for the past 5 years? We know we are scrutinized more than most because we enjoy greater visibility. As a result patients have higher expectations of us. We get it, and we don’t disappoint.

Let me explain why there is no chance for your concerns to become reality. In our office all patients MUST meet with Dr. Bloxham in consultation during which Dr. Bloxham explains what we (he and I) will attempt to do regarding their surgery should they chose to have one with us. Long before any deposit is offered, all patients know and understand that we perform procedures together. Should a patient ask to only have me perform the surgery to the exclusion of Dr. Bloxham I would deny the request. To date not a single person has made this request. Should a patient happen to make this request just before a procedure I would deny that request as well. To date not a single person has made this request either. But if they did I would give them their deposit back and go enjoy the free time. Maybe make another educational video to post.

I obtain informed consent for everything I do. It’s not like a patient isn’t going to notice that 9 people other than myself are going to be working on them that day. But they read it and sign it because they have trust and faith in me. They trust that I am working in their best interests and that I will pick the best instruments, protocols and people to perform their procedure. Because in the end it is MY name on the work.

No misrepresentations, no "bait and switch", no “blindsiding”. Just an excellent team of high quality people, as always, which now includes the talented and brilliant Dr. Blake Bloxham.

I get where some of the anger on these threads are coming from. Of course some comes from disingenuous people who will jump at any opportunity to impugn me or my reputation. That's just the nature of the internet nowadays. But still there are others who believe that my inclusion of Dr. Bloxham into any procedure demonstrates arrogant disrespect toward patients.That patients should have the option not to have Dr. Bloxham participate in the surgery if they don't want him. And should I deny that request I am guilty of disrespecting patients wishes thus viewing them as second class people. I get that. I'd be angry, too.

But what these posters have yet to realize is that I give nobody the choice to decide whom I will include in my procedures nor how I will perform my procedures. The Queen of England herself could come into my office tomorrow and say I want my two grandchildren to have their procedures with you Dr. Feller, but only with you and not Dr. Bloxham. And I would deny Her Royal Highnesses request even at the risk of being sent to the Tower because I treat all patients the same and know that having Dr. Bloxham on board makes my procedures better and my practice better. Even if outsiders don't yet understand this. You all have no idea how exceptional this man truly is. You shall soon all find out.

I have been making the right decisions for my patients for the past 22 years. I have no intention of stopping that now. Bloxham is the right decision for my practice and this will become more and more self evident in time. If you come to Feller, you come to Bloxham. And you will be the better for it.

Dr. Feller

Good. Finally. That was not hard/painful to explain was it?. Thanks for clarifying things to the forum members.

My Thread: 

Should this affect their recommendation on HTN? I believe Dr. Bloxham is probably an excellent surgeon and we will see that as results are posted. However, until then I don't know if we can just simply take Dr. Feller's word for it, even if everything he said is completely true. Just not how this works in my opinion.

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

Should this affect their recommendation on HTN? I believe Dr. Bloxham is probably an excellent surgeon and we will see that as results are posted. However, until then I don't know if we can just simply take Dr. Feller's word for it, even if everything he said is completely true. Just not how this works in my opinion.

Precisely. Opinions mean nothing, only results. I'm not sure how an amateur surgeon could meet these qualifications with so little experience. It would dilute the meaning of being a recommended surgeon.

Precisely. Opinions mean nothing, only results. I'm not sure how an amateur surgeon could meet these qualifications with so little experience. It would dilute the meaning of being a recommended surgeon.

Agree!.

My Thread: 

Bill,

Dr. Feller

Dr Feller,

You still didn't clarify the extent of your and Dr Bloxham's involvement in a single surgery. Who is making the incisions? When Dr Bloxham is assigned to the incision making process, what is your level of involvement? Are you sitting next to him the whole time with those magnifying lenses checking the angles and placement or are you in a separate room doing something else?

Of course, all Dr Feller has to do for some forum users to bow in deference when questions about him arise is knock off one of his lengthy posts announcing his own superlative professionalism, employing his usual emphatic confidence.

It's clear Dr Feller has a well trained team, with the technicians doing the legwork involving graft dissections and placements. When I had my 3 operations at his clinic the staff were pleasant and efficient.

Dr Bloxham has been a partner at the clinic for around half a year, after undergoing a period of some two years training with Dr Feller (although it seems this wasn't a full-time training position).

We now learn that Dr Bloxham shares operating duties with Dr Feller: they both make the recipient incisions to the extent that some patients will receive mostly Dr Bloxham's work, and the patient has no say in it.

This has emerged after a thread was started recently by a disgruntled Feller & Bloxham patient. The poster made an ill-judged reference to violence (in my opinion, it wasn't an actual threat and was simply a poor expression of his anger) then deleted his opening post, claiming he was discussing it with Dr Feller. So the thread became undermined and was promptly closed by Bill, with the poster banned.

The banning was understandable after the (albeit likely empty) 'threat'. Nonetheless, as a result of the thread, interesting questions were raised which have culminated in Dr Feller's most recent post. It's possible that Dr Feller somehow persuaded the patient to delete his opening post and then put pressure on Bill to lock the thread and ban him. I doubt Dr Feller would give him a refund, that's definitely not his style.

The patient claimed that he was about to post the consent form he had signed. Unfortunately, this now won't happen but it would have been interesting to see if it supported his claims at all.

He claimed that mid-operation he had asked Dr Bloxham to stop working on him and for Dr Feller to be the sole surgeon - after apparently being taken by surprise at Dr Bloxham's involvement; but that Dr Feller refused and left the room, with Dr Bloxham proceeding unsupervised by Dr Feller.

In Dr Feller's above post he claims that no patient has ever objected to Dr Bloxham's involvement or requested that Dr Feller do the work. If that's the case, why would the patient lie about it on here? We'll never know.

As there have been no other complaints, it appears their partnership is so far a success. It should be noted, however, that after having already made a financial commitment for medical treatment, patients often don't like to make a fuss if they can avoid doing so. It's possible that some may have been taken by surprise at the extent of Dr Bloxham's involvement in their surgery and chosen to overlook it in the hope that their result turns out.

Dr Feller asserts his partnership with Dr Bloxham has been wholly transparent from the outset. In my opinion, that is patently untrue.

It's only now - after considerable persistence - that we start to learn the arrangement regarding their sharing of surgical duties. As to how much their patients have been informed of it up to this point is conjecture.

And it's still unclear to what extent Dr Bloxham's surgical work is supervised by Dr Feller as he goes along.

Clearly, I'm not one of those here who automatically takes Dr Feller at his word. My experiences with him have informed that position, and he has done nothing to quell my suspicions. In fact, my allegations and concerns regarding my treatment have been flatly ignored by him. That is certainly not what I call transparency. But I don't let it bother me because my HT result is ultimately pretty good, after a doctor in Turkey stuffed some more grafts in my hairline.

The reality is that Dr Bloxham is currently a recommended surgeon by-proxy. We don't know how his results will turn out because they haven't yet had time to grow. No matter how vigorous Dr Feller's denials regarding his partnership with Dr Bloxham ever being a disingenuous one, the surprise of users here at only now having begun to learn the truth suggests otherwise.

Edited by LondonHTseeker

Hi Bill

I'd like to chime in with a suggestion.

What seems to have been established is:

-Dr. Feller and the new Dr. Blox are ONE unit with a protocol that MAY have Dr. Blox do as much as say 90% of the actual cutting and poking and supervision.

-This condition did not exist before (e.g. when you reviewed the qualifications for Dr. Feller to join this community/be recommended by it). It exists SINCE Dr. Blox joined Dr. Feller's practice recently.

-On your "CRITERIA FOR SELECTING A HAIR RESTORATION PHYSICIAN" portion of this forum you have among other criteria: "Excellent patient results demonstrating a high level of artistry and naturalness throughout, as well as excellent growth rates.;" and "Reputation of the physician amongst colleagues and former patients;" and "Length of time the physician has been performing hair transplantation;" and "Medical training, depth of background, board certifications, honors, credentials, lectures, and published articles and books."

-Have all or some of these criteria been vetted for Dr. Blox? Has the SINGLE UNIT of Dr. Feller and Dr. Blox been assessed for these? If so please let us know the procedure you used to assess some or all of these and the results. If not, perhaps you should notify patients that the conditions you originally assessed Dr. Feller's practice have changed and you can no longer verify that past performance equals future results due to protocol changes.

Knowing Dr. Bloxam's commitment to patient's advocacy over the years on this site I personally do not doubt his desire. However this is not the issue. It is now a question in my mind of being assured that this site's oversight and commitment to excellence is being followed.

Dr. Feller,

Thank you for providing a very detailed and thought out response. That's exactly what I and the community was looking for.

Guys,

No I do not feel that this set up should affect his recommendation or collision membership. Dr. Feller is still the supervising and leaving physician on every procedure. Blake works on every procedure as well, in the same way, technicians also work on every procedure. We don't discriminate against a physician because they've decided to utilize a particular technician in every procedure. Yes, Blake is new or two hair transplant surgery but he is working under the direct supervision of a much more experienced surgeon. Thus, as long as patients are being given informed consent and Dr. Feller isn't abandoning the procedure and putting it fully in somebody else's hands without his direction supervision, then I see no reason why any of this should affect his recommendation. In fact, it seems like it's only going to enhance his practice and make it better.

Best,

Bill

:D As expected, Bill bends over and takes it like a man. (Ban me, I don't care.)

Obviously, I don't trust Dr Feller's words but I'm not blind to his talent as an HT surgeon. Some of what he says regarding having Dr Bloxham as his partner makes sense. But I don't buy the whole Dr Ethical spiel and in my opinion anyone who does is gullible.

Edited by LondonHTseeker