Dr Lorenzo FUE 2222 grafts 1/12/15

Petchski

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just updating my blog with pics as well for anyone who wants to read and see my whole 'HT Journey' from my first strip procedure with Dr Feller, and my now my second HT (FUE) with Dr Lorenzo.

"Your Blog has been seen 20633 times" Holy shhhhht

Edited by Petchski

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

you're not laying face down the entire time because the grafts are not all taken from the back of your head, they're taken from the both sides and the back or the "safe zone" - so you're laying on both your sides as well - I had an FUE procedure with 1500 grafts, I went in at 7 am was completely done by 1pm - the entire procedure

you're sleeping most of the time from the meds - so I didn't notice the time at all! I thought the most time consuming part when you're alert is when you're getting implanted, you're fully awake, usually after lunch, and get tired sitting in that upright position, watching movies - etc..

I'm not sure at the moment Pete, but if i do i may get some grafts put in to my strip scar as well as i'm having to use couvre to cover it still at the moment as it shows through at my current hair length, which is about a grade 3, but not sure if i have some minor shock loss in the donor area, so i'll have to wait and see how that pans out....not sure if i will still be able to buzz down to a grade 3 at the back.

The strip scar has never bothered me before, but having to use the concealer on the donor area everyday is a pain.

That's what really worries me about a strip/FUE combo, surely getting FUE after being stripped out is going to result in donor deplition to the extent that the existing hair won't conceal the strip scar?

Edited by Stig

you're sleeping most of the time from the meds - so I didn't notice the time at all! I thought the most time consuming part when you're alert is when you're getting implanted, you're fully awake, usually after lunch, and get tired sitting in that upright position, watching movies - etc..

Did you get your FUE done at Lorenzo as well??

Stig - I had 2 FUE procedures now with Rahal and I also have a FUT scar. When doing your extractions, they are very careful not to harvest hair follicles immediately above and below any scar to avoid the exact circumstance you hit upon.

very happy, 1st time was to restore my frontal zone in Sept. 2014, and just this past Sept. 2015 we did the midscalp up to the crown - he's a top doc for good reason - If I didn't go with him I probably would have gone with Dr. Wong of H&W although he wasn't doing FUE at the time

Happy customer I take it??

I havent heard of too many complaints about Rahal

A little buyers remorse huh Dutchie? Don't worry mate, as great as a surgeon I think Dr Rahal is, Dr Hasson was definitely the right surgeon for you in your circumstance. Very few surgeons can harvest that many grafts in one sitting than H&W.

The extractions took about 4 hours in total, but as mentioned not all face down, and there was lunch in between as well, and yeah i fell a sleep for about an hour and a half of it.

Rahal, H+W, you're in great hands with either of those docs.

The transformation from 4200+ grafts is going to be great... smiling? you'll be bloody beaming!

That's what really worries me about a strip/FUE combo, surely getting FUE after being stripped out is going to result in donor deplition to the extent that the existing hair won't conceal the strip scar?

It is a concern, but i'm not stripped or FUE'd out, so i think i'll be fine, but maybe not be able to go grade 3 short again, time will tell.

As mentioned by home, they do take that in to account and not take grafts directly above the scar that covers it.

I think i've only got one last HT in me after this, and i'll probably use some of the grafts in the scar, Dr Lorenzo said 300/400 should do it. some docs say grafts in to scar results are inconsistent, but Lorenzo said he has good success with it as long the scar isn't too raised or too bumby.

I've had two transplants of 4222 grafts in total. Dr Feller evaluated my donor as an average donor with about 6000 grafts, Dr Lorenzo didn't disagree with that, but said we'll see...

Also i'll just mention that my hair looks better in person than on these photos, but will post more pics in exactly two weeks.

Edited by Petchski

You definitely should be happy with your decision - chose an elite top doc - work looks super refined - you got a whole lotta grafts in one sitting ! all positives - heal well and you're going to be extremely happy when growth time comes - best wishes to you Dutchie!

Latest pics look good Petchski and glad to hear you've made it through the difficult first couple of months. Look forward to your next update.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

It is a concern, but i'm not stripped or FUE'd out, so i think i'll be fine, but maybe not be able to go grade 3 short again, time will tell.

As mentioned by home, they do take that in to account and not take grafts directly above the scar that covers it.

I think i've only got one last HT in me after this, and i'll probably use some of the grafts in the scar, Dr Lorenzo said 300/400 should do it. some docs say grafts in to scar results are inconsistent, but Lorenzo said he has good success with it as long the scar isn't too raised or too bumby.

I've had two transplants of 4222 grafts in total. Dr Feller evaluated my donor as an average donor with about 6000 grafts, Dr Lorenzo didn't disagree with that, but said we'll see...

Also i'll just mention that my hair looks better in person than on these photos, but will post more pics in exactly two weeks.

dr feller said you had 6k with fut/fue combined or just one of them?

I've had two transplants of 4222 grafts in total. Dr Feller evaluated my donor as an average donor with about 6000 grafts, Dr Lorenzo didn't disagree with that, but said we'll see

Hhmm.......I say lets see what Dr. Hasson can do with your filthy head, and lets go from there,

I think he might be able to pull another 3,000 donors or so, but I could be wrong

I'd say i hung on to about 30% of the grafts, new hairs are popping up, some are quite fine and light at the moment so don't show up on the camara under the bright light.

Dr Feller didn't specify strip or FUE, i'm sure H+W could get me an extra 2000, 3000 may be pushing it, but you never know?

• 2 weeks later...

3 Month post op.

Still improving, and already happy with the transplant.

First three photos are taken under a bright light, last two under a bright light and flash.

Still don't do it justice, but i'll get help with the photos for the 4 month update.

I got asked flat out today if i'd done a Rooney and got a hair transplant, right in front of a load of people i know as well, some people have got no tact whatsoever, he might as well of just announced it over the PA system his voice was so f-ing loud.

001.thumb.jpg.03b153f145b1f23a0e01db1a21a55d0d.jpg

007.thumb.jpg.eda06df336dbc3a22620fbb329d61de7.jpg

014.thumb.jpg.01ec0681e2ce8b1674adee59f9fa8632.jpg

009.thumb.jpg.6891014daabcd27ebf0e85904bda0b19.jpg

015.thumb.jpg.ab1d414b51b3918cd231639c2b2532d8.jpg