Dr Lorenzo FUE 2222 grafts 1/12/15

Petchski

Hi all,

I had my second transplant on Tuesday 1st December, was really wrestling with whether to go FUE or Strip, but decided on FUE with Dr Lorenzo.

The procedure was relatively painless apart from a few of the injections, in particular the ones in the temple points hurting the most.

I fell asleep during most of the extractions, although it does get a little uncomfortable lying still in the same postion, but not too bad.

The clinic was professional and the day went by fast. Dr Lorenzo was great, and he had a English assistant there called Grace, who was a pleasure to chat too.

On day 5 i got increased sensitivity in the donor region, making it hard to sleep, but ibuprofen and aloe vera gel really helped ease the pain. According to Dr L only a small amount of his patients get this extra sensitivity in their donor, lucky me, but i'm now on day 9 and as the doc said the pain has decreased now and is on its way out.

About 75% of the scabs have come off when washing, and it just looks like a have a nice buzz cut at the moment, but i'm sure come around week three the hairs will be a falling.

I have tried to upload the pictures, but not having much luck with it. The doc sent me the pictures he'd taken, but through photobucket, and i've tried copy and pasting, and linking the photos to the thread but no joy as yet, any ideas let me know, i'm too knackered right now to think properly and play around with it, but will get them up shortly.

Here's my stats from the procedure:

Grafts: 2222

Hairs: 5543

Hairs per graft: 2.49

Hair caliber: 40 to 46 microns

Singles: 280

Doubles: 836

Triples: 1021

quadruples: 117

5FU: 8

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on your procedure Petchski. Look forward to your pics.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Congratulations. I wish you all the best with your results I am sure it will be another top result by Dr Lorenzo.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Thanks Fellas, aside from a some numbness on the top of the head i feel back to normal. I was quite shocked when looking at Dr Lorenzo's pre op pics, my hair looked worse than i thought. Stopping minoxidil hit me hard, plus i think i lowered the dose of propecia too much, so i basically screwed myself.

May take you up on that offer David, will give it another go first though.

I do have some pics i've just taken day 11

5b32e9cd2d1ff_20151212_180133(650x366)(2).jpg.7fc503e46e3a626aa063ebefc1f7b7a5.jpg

5b32e9cdbcc7e_20151212_180140(650x366).jpg.04e610ae909a3276a1079223ad0ae34a.jpg

5b32e9cdd8154_20151212_180338(650x366).jpg.a18c9a6c56b77be8d9e483224d30f528.jpg

Those are great lines dude! Nice and clean. Would be curious to hear a recap on your overall FUE vs FUT experience now that you've had both in good hands.

PS- Silly American me was like "How is he recapping a surgery scheduled for January 12th." Your 12/1 threw me off haha.

Happy healing!

Healing is a lot quicker after FUE, no doubt about that. i forget that the US has a different date layout, UK 01/12/15 / US 12/01/15

I paid ?7000 (10,000) Euros for 2000 grafts, but got an extra 222 grafts for free total grafts 2222 grafts.

Will try to load Dr Lorenzo's pre op pics of my hair

1TP01.12.15F2_zpspt5mcm8g.jpg

2TP01.12.15F1_zpsks9onz4r.jpg

2TP01.12.15P3_zpsa8xkmocr.jpg

I think i lost most of my frontal native hair over the last couple of years, so what you're seeing there at the front is mostly, if not exclusively transplanted hair.

This is the photo taken over a year ago now that i sent to Dr Lorenzo, i had shaved my hair shorter around a grade 6 and it surpsrised me how thin it had looked, plus i'd had a couple of comments from people that my hair looked like it had thinned, never good words to hear!

5b32e9d78caf4_018(800x600).jpg.19f5418a2f986ad7e2f8eaad169ea3e8.jpg

Looks good, your hair is very similar to mine. I wish you all the best mate.

Cheers dude, wishing you all the best too, will be watching your progress my fine haired brother :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've passed month 1, on day 30 at the moment. Not really much to report, donor is healed and the top of my head is not far from being back to normal, slightly numb still, but has gained back feeling there quite a lot over the last week.

More grafts are falling out in the bath now, but i still retain about 60% of them, so will probably carry on shedding for another two weeks, maybe keeping 30%, the redness was not a problem for me, although there was slight discoluration in the recipient, there still is, but this has improved even more, and is not something that stood out much. The only comment i got was a few weeks ago someone said my hair looks like it's turning ginger ? But that was slight redness is all

TBH everything is fine, not down or depressed, although there's always time for that later on :)

I've passed month 1, on day 30 at the moment. Not really much to report, donor is healed and the top of my head is not far from being back to normal, slightly numb still, but has gained back feeling there quite a lot over the last week.

More grafts are falling out in the bath now, but i still retain about 60% of them, so will probably carry on shedding for another two weeks, maybe keeping 30%, the redness was not a problem for me, although there was slight discoluration in the recipient, there still is, but this has improved even more, and is not something that stood out much. The only comment i got was a few weeks ago someone said my hair looks like it's turning ginger ? But that was slight redness is all

TBH everything is fine, not down or depressed, although there's always time for that later on :)

Sounds like you are on track, thanks for the update.

I've not started shedding yet and my head is still numb on top. Have you had any shock loss?

Happy New Year! :D

If i have any shockloss it is minor and in the donor area, hard to tell though. Recipient area does not appear to have any shockloss and i'd say with half the grafts still in i have more hair than pre op.

Great pics. The work looks really good. Do you plan to address the crown at some point if donor allows? A couple of thousand there could make a huge difference.

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

I'm not sure at the moment Pete, but if i do i may get some grafts put in to my strip scar as well as i'm having to use couvre to cover it still at the moment as it shows through at my current hair length, which is about a grade 3, but not sure if i have some minor shock loss in the donor area, so i'll have to wait and see how that pans out....not sure if i will still be able to buzz down to a grade 3 at the back.

The strip scar has never bothered me before, but having to use the concealer on the donor area everyday is a pain.

I suspect you'll find once everything settles back to normal you'll still be able to hide your scar pretty well. As you say, time will tell though. Good that the numbness had gone. The first few weeks it can feel like a lump of wood until you regain feeling.

• 1 month later...

Very true Pete, thanks for your post.

Got delayed on doing a month 2 update, so i will do one now, and also add some pictures from month 2 and week 10.

Obviously these are not the exciting months, but good for people who are following the thread now and in the future.

At week 10 i already feel pretty happy, my hairline is more defined than it was pre op, and i feel my hair is improving, or it could just be getting longer ? But either way the doldrums stage has not been too bad for me, and i've just got on with life.

This is month 2 photos

5b32eaebb16ae_001(1280x960).thumb.jpg.31b25715d640357a791f3cfebd994ab8.jpg

5b32eaebd2be7_002(1280x960).thumb.jpg.a6bf88c6a247afca1b6a45b5123eb926.jpg

5b32eaec09b99_013(1280x960).thumb.jpg.d5a95fa97a88f8f64dded22724459fc9.jpg

5b32eaec3ced8_005(960x1280).thumb.jpg.89768a2b3d6dd9ef289e2879ed393c7e.jpg

5b32eaec59808_008(1280x960).thumb.jpg.cf5f0050d36631fdcfbb41e81e306c80.jpg