1600 grafts dr. Lorenzo (by Johnny2000)

johnny2000

• Administrators

I do see some gaps but its also only 6 months, you're just barely getting over shock loss, you still have another 6 months of growth. Have you ever considered just shaving it? it may be something to look in to if you're not happy with the results of this surgery. You wear your hair so short already I don't imagine i would be much of a difference to just buzz it down,

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 2 hairtransplants i thought i would be better of by now :(

The first one was offcourse not with lorenzo

The last 1,5 Month i dont see Any new growth. And Reading on these boards for around 5 years it doesnt look like much new growth is coming after 6 Month.

I know i need to wait until 12 Month but it just doesnt seems like some magic is gonna happen.

If anyone could post examples of alot of new growth after 6 Month (not thickening of growth)

I would very much like to see it.

So what should the next move be if it doesnt get better?

Seems like i need alot of singles all around the corners of my hairline and have the gaps filled out.

Should i go back to lorenzo or who would be the best to soft the reciepted Area ?

Hi Johnny, I think it looks really good.

It isn't quite as dense as your native hair yet, but transplanted hair should usually be grown out to look it's best.

How are you getting on with your scalp? I remember you were having some issues? Which shampoo are you using?

Well the transplanted hairs are actually quite dense, but the problem is that there are Many gaps and it is offcourse not placed as close together as my native hairs.

That makes it looks alot rougher than my normal native hairs and more unnatural

I still have sebum on my scalp but it is a tiny bit better from time to time

I do see some gaps but its also only 6 months, you're just barely getting over shock loss, you still have another 6 months of growth. Have you ever considered just shaving it? it may be something to look in to if you're not happy with the results of this surgery. You wear your hair so short already I don't imagine i would be much of a difference to just buzz it down,

Well i do sometimes buzz it all the Way with no guard but not on the lowest setting on the machine. But when there is these gaps it doesnt look good with a buzzed head.

I hear what your saying about its only 6 Month but have you seen Any examples of people getting alot of new growth after 6 Month? Mostly it is just the hairs that has allready grown that mature more.

But i need more growth to get these gaps all around filled out

Well i do sometimes buzz it all the Way with no guard but not on the lowest setting on the machine. But when there is these gaps it doesnt look good with a buzzed head.

I hear what your saying about its only 6 Month but have you seen Any examples of people getting alot of new growth after 6 Month? Mostly it is just the hairs that has allready grown that mature more.

But i need more growth to get these gaps all around filled out

Hey J2000

If you are going to buzz that low, you are going to need another pass.

HT will never match native density no matter how many passes you do

only the ILLUSION of it. This is not some marketing line given out by clinics.

They tell us this to prepare us for the gaps, especially seen at buzz length.

That said, you can definitely use another pass to fill in some of the gaps that you see to help with the ILLUSION of DENSITY. It might take two or more passes to fill in the gaps that you see but still not fill them in completely as close as your native hairs lay.

I don't think we as patients appreciate this fact. We see a huge gap and think why not just place more grafts there? How could the clinic have missed such huge gaps? But the relationship among blood supply, placement and graft survival is difficult to determine and one that is best dealt with conservatively and with multiple passes.

So don't fret and just know that it may take another pass or so to get the illusion of density better than it is now.

Also at six months (even if you have no new growth post this time) these are new hairs that have not even reached maturity so they do look very strange at this stage but will look more like your native texture as the months and years pass. This of course will NOT fill in the gaps that you have if there is no new growth but it will BLEND much better than you see now.

For now even with the gaps, it is looking very good at BUZZ LENGTH.

I totally agree with you about the 5-6 month range and lack of new growth post that.

buzzed at 6-8 months is probably what buzzed growth with be post that. But not many people are able to buzz a HT like we can. Buzzed head pics post HT are rare.

Long post but wanted to commiserate with you and hope you do get NEW GROWTH post six months. But less stress to just say as of now, I'm going to need another pass or two to get the look I want. Only speaking from my experience so I hope this helps.

Also put a prayer out to the hair gods for new growth post 6 months for J2000!

Ya never know....

Best to you

Hey J2000

If you are going to buzz that low, you are going to need another pass.

HT will never match native density no matter how many passes you do

only the ILLUSION of it. This is not some marketing line given out by clinics.

They tell us this to prepare us for the gaps, especially seen at buzz length.

That said, you can definitely use another pass to fill in some of the gaps that you see to help with the ILLUSION of DENSITY. It might take two or more passes to fill in the gaps that you see but still not fill them in completely as close as your native hairs lay.

I don't think we as patients appreciate this fact. We see a huge gap and think why not just place more grafts there? How could the clinic have missed such huge gaps? But the relationship among blood supply, placement and graft survival is difficult to determine and one that is best dealt with conservatively and with multiple passes.

So don't fret and just know that it may take another pass or so to get the illusion of density better than it is now.

Also at six months (even if you have no new growth post this time) these are new hairs that have not even reached maturity so they do look very strange at this stage but will look more like your native texture as the months and years pass. This of course will NOT fill in the gaps that you have if there is no new growth but it will BLEND much better than you see now.

For now even with the gaps, it is looking very good at BUZZ LENGTH.

I totally agree with you about the 5-6 month range and lack of new growth post that.

buzzed at 6-8 months is probably what buzzed growth with be post that. But not many people are able to buzz a HT like we can. Buzzed head pics post HT are rare.

Long post but wanted to commiserate with you and hope you do get NEW GROWTH post six months. But less stress to just say as of now, I'm going to need another pass or two to get the look I want. Only speaking from my experience so I hope this helps.

Also put a prayer out to the hair gods for new growth post 6 months for J2000!

Ya never know....

Best to you

Thank you.

I do pray. I have been praying for the last 5 years.

But things is not getting better.

Alot of my thin native hairs are lost and replaced by the HT hairs. The problem is that the HT hairs are not placed close enough together and they are much thicker than my natives wich makes it look unnatural.

I Think i need quite alot of single hairs all around my hairline and in the "gaps"

I would Like to grow my hair longer but it just doesn't look so good with these gaps.

Thank you.

I do pray. I have been praying for the last 5 years.

But things is not getting better.

Alot of my thin native hairs are lost and replaced by the HT hairs. The problem is that the HT hairs are not placed close enough together and they are much thicker than my natives wich makes it look unnatural.

I Think i need quite alot of single hairs all around my hairline and in the "gaps"

I would Like to grow my hair longer but it just doesn't look so good with these gaps.

Check your PM

Looking very good johnny2000.

I agree it could be a bit denser, but it does look fine, especially for a buzzed cut.

Do you know how many hairs per cm2 were placed?

If there are any problems, I'm sure Dr Lorenzo will address them. Did he get back to you with his opinion?

I'm not just saying this to make you feel better I personally think your hair looks good at this point , still a lot more thickening to happen, I'm of the opinion it's better to let transplanted hair grow and do it's own thing as much as possible for the for the 12 months ,maybe you should try growing it, you maybe surprised how good it looks, but as i said 6 months is still early days, big difference how my hair looked at 6 months to how it looks now, just over 16 month post op .

Bare in mind that transplanted hair will usually be 50% of your natural density, so differences in density between native and transplanted hair will be more noticable when shaved down.

When grown out, transplanted hair gives the illusion of density, therefore to get the best coverage you should probably grow your hair out.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Thank you guys for taking the time to answer.

I am currently growing my hair longer. Been 3 weejs now with no buzz.

I Will put a picture up in a week or so.

Its true that the illusion of density is better with longer hair

The only thing im worried is these "gaps" in the hairline Area is making it look unnatural if i want to do some sort of style other than a comb forward.

Lorenzo did answer as he allways does.

He is very proffesionel and helpfull and i know he stand by he's work 100 %

And if i need a small touch up by 12 Month i just hope i dont have to wait like 6 Month to get it done because of he's looooong waiting list.

Looking very good johnny2000.

I agree it could be a bit denser, but it does look fine, especially for a buzzed cut.

Do you know how many hairs per cm2 were placed?

If there are any problems, I'm sure Dr Lorenzo will address them. Did he get back to you with his opinion?

I cannot really remember how Many grafts per cm2 he placed

• 3 weeks later...

Not trying to make Any negativaty about lorenzo at all.

Im just sad that my growth is not what it should be IMO

Can anyone Think of respons the the growth is missing?

After 2 HT i thought That i should have been good to go by now ?

Hi Johnny,

I think you have had fairly good growth. You only had 1600 grafts and your hair is still quite short.

Let it grow out and try styling it. You are still only at 7 months. Most guys would kill for the head of hair that you have.

You have re-established a facial frame, and in 6 months or so, if needed Lorenzo can add a few hundred grafts to improve density.

Try not to worry about it. It actually looks good!

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Hi Johnny,

I think you have had fairly good growth. You only had 1600 grafts and your hair is still quite short.

Let it grow out and try styling it. You are still only at 7 months. Most guys would kill for the head of hair that you have.

You have re-established a facial frame, and in 6 months or so, if needed Lorenzo can add a few hundred grafts to improve density.

Try not to worry about it. It actually looks good!

Well split, i hear what your saying.

But if you look at my 6 Month before the HT picture you Can see that i allready had a facial frame. But the hairline and corners of the hairline was thin

I Think its Strange that all around my hairline the hairs didnt survive.

Do you Think its possible to get new growth after 7 Month? If it is Then that would be extremly Nice but i have not seen Any examples of new groth after 7 Month.

I have seen some people like you over the years who filled in over time.

sometimes folicals got there own rules & show up when they want to so best wait it out for another 5mths & see where your at.

Try not to be critical to yourself, to me you look like your making progress all be it not as fast as you may like or like other's

Best wishes.

Edited by ontop
edit dam cell phone keyboard

I have seen some people like you over the years who filled in over time.

sometimes folicals got there own rules & show up when they want to so best wait it out for another 5mths & see where your at.

Try not to be critical to yourself, to me you look like your making progress all be it not as fast as you may like or like other's

Best wishes.

I hope the folliculs Will show.

Im getting marriage in 3 Month with my girl and i hoped that i would have somekind off ok looking hair by Them. But it doesnt seems too be the case.

Are you still seeing new hairs emerge, or progress being made, in recent months or currently? Still early bud.

No im not really seeing new sprout off hairs.

Actually allmost all off my new growth and return of shockloss happen in like 1,5 Month i Think around Month 4 post op.

After that i saw a bit off thickening but no new growth really

Lorenzo's results is normally outstanding, so i am thinking, could the lack of growth have something to do with my body/scalp?

Donor Area where they took the grafts is as clean as ever, i Think only superman would be able to see something happend back there