Good doctors in Chicago

trb88

I am interested for a diagnose and advice first, as well as prescription for propecia/finasteride, to begin with, but also discuss potential transplant down the line. Who would you recommend that I see? I live downtown.

On this forum, I was already recommended Dr Raymond Konior, anybody else?

I am interested for a diagnose and advice first, as well as prescription for propecia/finasteride, to begin with, but also discuss potential transplant down the line. Who would you recommend that I see? I live downtown.

On this forum, I was already recommended Dr Raymond Konior, anybody else?

Nobody else! Definitely Konior!

Is Konior specifcally good for transplant, or everything? I am not sure I am at transplant stage yet, I want to try a topical approach + propecia first. So perhaps there is somebody else competent closer to downtown?

Is Konior specifcally good for transplant, or everything? I am not sure I am at transplant stage yet, I want to try a topical approach + propecia first. So perhaps there is somebody else competent closer to downtown?

Really? Getting out to Oakbrook is a hardship for you? If you want a script for Propecia just go to your GP.

Thanks for your input.

Well, I want to get good technical, specific advice, formulate an agenda and a plan to stick to. But I also work full-time, so I'd prefer something closer.

An in person consultation can't be beat. If you are serious about going through with a transplant at any point in the future it'd be best to do it. Even if it requires you to go in late, leave early, or take the day off from work, it'll be worth it. We're talking about planning a future for your body. The one you have to live with the rest of your life. Blowing PTO or taking a single day off on something that important shouldn't be a big deal (especially if you are truly serious). I personally spent a year doing online research and driving hours to have multiple in person consultations before making a decision.

As for the docs, this is my opinion so take it for what it's worth (not much lol). Konior is great, and I've also seen some solid work from Panine and Keller. Any would be great for a consultation, though I'd check to see if they offer free consultations before pulling the trigger. The consensus is that Konior seems to be a stand-up guy who is super passionate about his art and would probably give you a great game plan. I don't know enough about either of the other docs regarding their personality, but multiple perspectives can't hurt!

If you're not willing to drive out somewhere to have an in person consult at this stage, I'd simply do some more research on the forums and at the very least get an online consult. You can then go to your GP to get some basic advice and an Rx for Propecia. As for topicals, you can buy 5% Minoxidil/Rogaine OTC/online for your regimen. Stay on a strict regimen for 6 months to 1 year and reevaluate your situation. At that point you should know if you are ready to get serious about a HT.

Best!

• 1 month later...

I am talking to dr Konior and about to go see him. Does he help in making a game plan, such as propecia prescription, topicals recommendation, etc, or does he only talk about surgery? Ideally, I'd like to do something like that first, and then if it doesn't work, go for the surgery.

He won't try to rush you into a surgery if that is what you are worried about. He is a very ethical man and cares about his patients. I had several consults with several doctors that didn't seem to have my best interest at heart. After talking to dr Konior I can say it was night and day. You simply can't do any better than him. He will want you to try and stabilize your hair loss before thinking of surgery so don't worry about that. He will look at the big picture as to where your hair loss might progress and treat it accordingly.

Konior, and go to bed and sleep well.

Ha, ha. Good one. I actually exchanged few mails with Dr. Konair s clinic and was very pleased with methodical assessment and approach. He even offered free initial consultation with no obligation given my advanced hair loss. Due to multiple other factors I went ahead and had my procedure in India. Under Dr. Arika Bansal at her Eugenix clinic at Guargaon, otherwise my next choice would have been Dr. Konair. (Who is surprisingly not recommended here).

I think u have made a great choice. All the best.

My Thread: 

Ha, ha. Good one. I actually exchanged few mails with Dr. Konair s clinic and was very pleased with methodical assessment and approach. He even offered free initial consultation with no obligation given my advanced hair loss. Due to multiple other factors I went ahead and had my procedure in India. Under Dr. Arika Bansal at her Eugenix clinic at Guargaon, otherwise my next choice would have been Dr. Konair. (Who is surprisingly not recommended here).

I'm not sure who Dr Konair is , however if you are taking about Dr Konior in Chicago he is and has been recognized on this site for a very long time. He's a Coalition doctor on this site for good reason.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Of course Konior is recommended by this site

If you are looking for a good doctor in Chicago, make sure you check out Dr. Panine. I had a procedure done by him a few years ago and my results were excellent! You can check them out for yourself on my thread at http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/175396-my-excellent-results-dr-panine.html. I am also happy to answer any questions for you.

I drove 8 hours there and 8 hours back...plus stopped for some Chicago style pizza, all for a consult with Konior.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...

You have one of the world's best, most circumspect HT doctors in the world, and traveling out to the 'burbs is too far??

You should run, not walk, to Dr. Konior's office to hear even 5 minutes of his opinion on hair. I was will to travel almost anywhere in the world for my HT. I flew 4 hours to CHicago so Dr. K could work his magic on me.

Shapiro is also a good choice and "in the neighborhood."