Am I a candidate for receding hairline transplant?

Hi guys, I posted here roughly one year ago and I was told by the community to wait. I was 25 at the time and now I am 26. I followed the advice to use propecia and that is all I have been using for the last year. Here are my pictures. I am looking to get more hair in the temple area. Also, if you notice one side of my temple is more receded than the other so I am looking to increase symmetry. What do you guys think? I would love to hear from the community.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByGkh3KXsrkmUUpMMnlEZ2FkQVE&usp=sharing

But don?t over do it.. Just close the temples.

So I would just be doing it at the temple area and NOT at the hairline area right? In other words I wouldnt bring my hairline forward, rather I would just do the sides correct?

Personally, I think your hair looks very good at this stage and I would not pursue hair transplant surgery. I have no doubt that Dr. Gabel's opinion is valid. However, there is no harm is consulting with a few more physicians if you like. It's always good to compare multiple perspectives.

You can schedule any number of free online consultations by clicking here.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Personally, I think your hair looks very good at this stage and I would not pursue hair transplant surgery. I have no doubt that Dr. Gabel's opinion is valid. However, there is no harm is consulting with a few more physicians if you like. It's always good to compare multiple perspectives.

You can schedule any number of free online consultations by clicking here.

Thank you. Right now I use concealer, dermatch and I also comb my hair forward . However i wonder if there are better concealers out there than dermatch. Dermatch falls off when I sweat. I also consulted with Dr Shapiro and he said he wouldnt touch me either.

I think you had too much hair before, and now you look nice. Just let your hair grow longer. Don?t get a operation now. You are obsessed with a childhood photo. Forget about that photo. Burn it. You look great, and I am sure you would look much better with longer hair, which also camouflages the slightly receding temple points.

Thank you. Right now I use concealer, dermatch and I also comb my hair forward . However i wonder if there are better concealers out there than dermatch. Dermatch falls off when I sweat. I also consulted with Dr Shapiro and he said he wouldnt touch me either.

Your hairloss is very, very minimal. You have a great head of hair. IMO, you don't need to take care of your temple points at this time either. Even though it may be tough not to count every hair you lose and scrutinize your hair, it's best to try and not worry. Instead, count your blessing.......Many members on here will tell you that you have an enviable head of hair. It what most here would strive to attain. Sorry to sound preachy.

As for a substitute for Dermmatch, you may want to try Fill-In Powder. It's something similar to Dermmatch but it has to be shampoo'd out. The cost is much less and it's easier to apply. It comes with a small brush. I've attached a picture of it. Good luck!

5b32e75f8d03b_FillInPowder.jpg.f167cbc555af5775ce17f6eb691ca53d.jpg

The NAYS have it ~ and I have to agree - you have a very good look and no one seeing you would even believe you are concerned about your hair. I would also stop putting concealers in your hair.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Thanks so much for all your responses. I will definitely try that other concealer as well. In fact, I think thats the concealer that I was thinking about but I just couldnt find it. A consultant from Dr Shapiros office recommended it.

I agree with everyone. Could just be a maturing hairline. You look like a man nite and not a boy. Own it. My advice is to start thinking about it when your 30, and I'd your still obsessing over it, start researching then and see what's out there for you. Your hair looks good now.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

yeeaah,

Not that I am speaking for either doctor but my premonition is that they are concerned that by placing grafts within or adjacent to that huge mass of hair may shock out some of the existing hair that you presently have.

Sometimes having surgery too early can potentially cause more thinning behind the grafts and also to the adjacent areas that have substantial amounts of native hair.

You are a good candidate for concealers and yet I know they can be a pain. But better safe than sorry.

And be careful because if you look hard and long enough, someone will be willing to take your money...:confused:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY