• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
So far I had a consultation with the first doctor, DR. Bauman, he's the one who quoted me $60,000.

That's outrageous. Was that for FUE only? I think you can get better prices in Manhattan! I know Boca Raton is "uppity" but holy smoke. I think that was the guy featured on Dateline so he is probably taking advantage of the notoriety.

Anyhow good progress from month 2 to month 6! Can you post pre-op photos here? Looks like you have another thread but since you are updating here would be nice to see the before.

Sounds like you are going for 7K total over 2 passes so we will be on similar journeys. Was Dr. Wong confident on your laxity to get a 2nd FUT?

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

Yeah that was for FUE only. I couldn't believe it! I almost passed out when I was quoted that price. Yeah I'm pretty sure I have some pre-op photos somewhere, I'll take a look and upload some if I still have. I would love to get 7k total. Dr. Wong did say I had good laxity and I'll start with the laxity exercises before my next surgery. I'm at the 7 month mark now and Dr. Wong said he'd like to wait til the 10 month mark before my next procedure. So only 3 months to go. I don't recall if he told me how many grafts I had left, if he did I don't remember but hopefully it is in the 3k range so I can get the 7k total. Thank you for the positive reinforcement on my progress.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I screwed up my dates and recently realized that my surgery was July 23rd so I'm actually on my 8 months now. Sorry about that for those of you who have been following my progress. I thought it looked better then what these pictures show. There's alot of bald and thin areas still all throughout the top. I think a decent haircut would help but I dunno.

IMG_1827.thumb.jpg.3b3bae1f03f52295724c902caa10ff0b.jpg

IMG_1833.thumb.jpg.76c28866c27d212dee8362d41f9794b5.jpg

IMG_1828.thumb.jpg.14483c7d1433eebf47dd23083b77aa5b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ok, so I screwed up my dates and recently realized that my surgery was July 23rd so I'm actually on my 8 months now. Sorry about that for those of you who have been following my progress. I thought it looked better then what these pictures show. There's alot of bald and thin areas still all throughout the top. I think a decent haircut would help but I dunno.

There is still much time to see improvement. Thanks for sharing.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

These are my 9 month pics. I took them from the front this time so Dr. Wong can see my frame. I'm planning on having a second procedure hopefully within the next month or so. I'm feeling pretty good about it. I think my frame looks much better but there's some areas on the top that are a little thin and my crown area does bother me being that it's completely bald. I want to get that covered in my next procedure. What I'd like to do is work on my crown and thicken up some of the thin areas. I'm guessing my next procedure will yield approximately 2500 grafts give or take, so hopefully that'll be enough to do what I'm hoping for.

IMG_1875.thumb.jpg.feccc1cae30362e1f3d31d08d8e13ff9.jpg

IMG_1879.thumb.jpg.032b7013ef13d808e53d94ed0b90485a.jpg

IMG_1885.thumb.jpg.e3ff2b18dfdc3c879c9b873c1845ebfd.jpg

IMG_1886.thumb.jpg.912d71f221ae7e8145cea42a5cbf4071.jpg

Looking good!

The reason your pics are coming in sideways is because you're using an Apple device. This happens to me also when I use my iPad.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

These are my 9 month pics. I took them from the front this time so Dr. Wong can see my frame. I'm planning on having a second procedure hopefully within the next month or so. I'm feeling pretty good about it. I think my frame looks much better but there's some areas on the top that are a little thin and my crown area does bother me being that it's completely bald. I want to get that covered in my next procedure. What I'd like to do is work on my crown and thicken up some of the thin areas. I'm guessing my next procedure will yield approximately 2500 grafts give or take, so hopefully that'll be enough to do what I'm hoping for.

Hi Citizen,

Thanks for sharing. Could you take some pictures similar to those posted in month 8 please? I.e., top down. This will show us how the gaps have filled in.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 2 weeks later...
So far I had a consultation with the first doctor, DR. Bauman, he's the one who quoted me $60,000

Wow $60,000 for 6000 FUE. That's a hell of price for a Dr who has been rumored to draw you a hairline and leave you with his technicians to complete your surgery. Not bad for a days pay.

Anyway thanks for sharing your story in detail citizenkage. Please keep us updated as to your progress and any future additional procedures.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

These are my 10 month pics, with better angles then my previous months. I did some top down ones. Keep in mind that I desperately need a haircut. I just wanted to grow it out to see what would happen. I feel as though it is starting to thicken up but that it also looks sloppy the way it is in these pics. Anyways, here they are and thanks everyone for responding and providing me with encouragement.

IMG_1941.thumb.JPG.54729cebad157dad5866a5c155755772.JPG

IMG_1942.thumb.JPG.aae9b004df36d1b94d5bf65479697f6c.JPG

IMG_1944.thumb.JPG.3401aa85eb48498dbf468b516119a11c.JPG

IMG_1946.thumb.JPG.c71fb9815021ce5df44768b721c6f6e2.JPG

IMG_1947.thumb.JPG.ca24ed6345e4c252b9b642bec4a37920.JPG

IMG_1948.thumb.JPG.7624125ffd0081202c618c25a3fbba57.JPG

IMG_1949.thumb.JPG.cacf449067a7fea4f081aeae6385bd13.JPG

IMG_1950.thumb.JPG.bf4ae098c29186556c193d2eb7a0f281.JPG

• 1 month later...

I haven't uploaded my one year pics because I just had a second procedure done with Dr. Jerry Wong. I will upload some pictures soon and will continue to keep everyone posted on my progress from my second procedure. We pulled 3,066 grafts and I think I might be all out of grafts now. So between the 2 procedures I got around 7,500 grafts. We worked on the crown and temples this time and used the leftovers to fill in for some density.

Wow.... I think Dr. Wong did some great work here. Considering where you started you must be thrilled. It will be cool to see you start posting again, espessially if you "start over" with your month by month. Can you tell us how you personally felt about the results of your first procedure? I have an upcomimg procedure with Dr Wong myself and to see your results is encouraging. Thanks for posting