Need advice on a good doctor in my area

I've been speaking with a guy named Mike who is a patient consultant for H&W, I told him I pretty much want as many graphs as I can get. He said the first procedure should be the biggest so they'll go for it, maybe anywhere from 5000-7000 but he said they wont have an exact count til they cut the strip[ but that was a ballpark figure. He did say I'd probably need 2 procedures to get the coverage I want. So maybe 5-6k now and then another couple thousand in 9-12 months.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, if I could get some honest feedback on this...A guy earlier in this thread was pretty adament about me going with Hasson over Wong. I understand politics and know it's tough for moderators and senior members to really give strong opinions like this but like I said they can squeeze me in, in a couple of weeks and with that comes a solid discount but it's with Wong not Hasson. Through my research both Hasson and Wong seem like some of the best in the biz so I figured either one of them would be good and it's tough to pass up a discount like that. With the discount plus $400 towards airfare and 2 nights hotel, it's tough to pass up, especially with a DR that I see so many people talk about.

I wouldn't put my choice of Clinic just because they offer a discount or airfair TBH to me that's just a gimic although a nice gesture but still a gimick in my eyes.

Is that the only clinic you had a consultation? Don't base your chioce on what I say above go with the best who you feel for & can do a good job.

Not anyway am i knocking H&W but any means they do some great work esp the FUT from what I've seen & one which gets a shout out to be in the top 10 in the world.

Again...

How many grafts, what long term plan did they advise?

That's the main thing, is your end goal as I see your still in your 30s & could be more rocky roads ahead.

Take your time...don't rush just because there seem to be a few Free Bs tossed your way.

Also, if I could get some honest feedback on this...A guy earlier in this thread was pretty adament about me going with Hasson over Wong. I understand politics and know it's tough for moderators and senior members to really give strong opinions like this but like I said they can squeeze me in, in a couple of weeks and with that comes a solid discount but it's with Wong not Hasson. Through my research both Hasson and Wong seem like some of the best in the biz so I figured either one of them would be good and it's tough to pass up a discount like that. With the discount plus $400 towards airfare and 2 nights hotel, it's tough to pass up, especially with a DR that I see so many people talk about.

That would have been me - lol. Dr Wong is an outstanding surgeon as well - absolutely nothing wrong with him. With the discount they are offering, it sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Would you mind PMing me the discount that they offered you?

I wouldn't put my choice of Clinic just because they offer a discount or airfair TBH to me that's just a gimic although a nice gesture but still a gimick in my eyes.

Is that the only clinic you had a consultation? Don't base your chioce on what I say above go with the best who you feel for & can do a good job.

Not anyway am i knocking H&W but any means they do some great work esp the FUT from what I've seen & one which gets a shout out to be in the top 10 in the world.

Again...

How many grafts, what long term plan did they advise?

That's the main thing, is your end goal as I see your still in your 30s & could be more rocky roads ahead.

Take your time...don't rush just because there seem to be a few Free Bs tossed your way.

All good points to consider. However this guy is going to need a heck of a lot of coverage, and it would be tough to argue against H&W as one of the few clinics that will maximize the number of grafts they can get in a single session, and over his lifetime. Sure they push the envelope, but in this case I think aggressive is the way to go.

No it's not about the discount it's more about seeing H&W talked about alot as one of the best out there and then the discount is just a bonus. I wouldn't go to some no name place or a doctor with a bunch of bad reviews just to get a discount. There's guys around me that are much cheaper and I could stay local, if I wanted to save money like that then I could just stay here and go to one of those guys. I'm willing to travel to another country cause H&W are in Canada and they're not cheap, not outrageous expensive or anything but I'm prob looking at upwards of $20k. If I can go to one of the best clinics and get the best transplant I can get which is how I truly feel about H&W and then save some money on top of it I'm all about it.

Citizenkage --- Dr Wong is a great choice . Take advice on your hairline from the doctor. He will know more seeing you in person than what any of us here can tell you.

My 2 cents - given your loss , start at the front , high hairline and then work back mid scalp. In the first pass , you will NOT be able to cover the crown completley . But once you see the rest of your head fill up and a nice frontal frame to your face with lush hair , you will probably forget about the minor bald spot that is the crown, especially in your mid 30s . It may not be as obvious now , but our perspectives change dramatically once we start to see hair where there was none before . Just being able to put styling gel and comb it in different ways will be a source of daily excitement for you .

Then if you still need it, you could do a second pass FUE (or FUT depending on donor laxity) to fill in the crown.

I personally went to Shapiro in Minnesota . And I live in Southern California .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks guys, fortune 11 I really liked what you had to say there, made me feel good about this whole thing. So I made the choice and I'm going with Dr Wong this coming thursday, 7/23/15. I'm gonna go for about 5000 grafts, and I gotta say I'm nervous as hell about the whole thing. Excited but nervous too. I'll be sure to post photos and what not

Thanks guys, fortune 11 I really liked what you had to say there, made me feel good about this whole thing. So I made the choice and I'm going with Dr Wong this coming thursday, 7/23/15. I'm gonna go for about 5000 grafts, and I gotta say I'm nervous as hell about the whole thing. Excited but nervous too. I'll be sure to post photos and what not

Outstanding decision buddy, please keep us all updated. Also make sure you are doing those scalp laxity exercises hourly and like crazy.

Wow !exciting time ahead for you ... 5000 grafts may seem a lot but I agree you have a

Lot to cover. Your going with one of the best in the world.

Really look forward to seeing the pics ! Please keep us all informed as soon as you can.

That should be a life altering transformation , can totally see it coming : ) You have the right approach -- if I had to go back and do it all over again, i would totally maximize number of grafts doable in the first pass, instead of doing it piecemeal in 3 steps as I ended up doing .

All the best for your surgery

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

Yeah, I feel like this is the best decision for me. I did alot of research, 3 in-person consultations and 4 on-line consultations. As a whole, everything included, Dr. Wong seemed like the best decision at this time for me. I'm excited and apprehensive and nervous, all kinds of feelings right now. I'm flying out to Canada in 3 days, WOW!! Yeah I really want to get as many done the first time as possible, the local Docs to me said the most they could do in one session was like 2500-3000, Dr. Wong can do 5000 for me so I'm happy about that but I also know that 5000 isn't going to give me the full dense coverage I want but I also know it's going to be an excellent start and yes life-changing. I can't wait. I have been doing the laxity exercises. Dr. Charles said I had great laxity already when I visited him a couple weeks ago, and yes I will keep everyone updated on my progress, you guys as a community have been great and nothing but helpful, I want to thank everyone for that, what an awesome community. I just wish I found you guys earlier. It's nice to know I'm not alone with these issues because sometimes it felt that way.

Good luck buddy, not as if you need it cas you choose one of the best clinics in the world for your MPB.

Try to document everything going forward, I'm sure if you read these forums on how much you will have good days & bad days but just think positive & I'm sure your end goal will come for you in the next 2 yrs.

Yeah, I feel like this is the best decision for me. I did alot of research, 3 in-person consultations and 4 on-line consultations. As a whole, everything included, Dr. Wong seemed like the best decision at this time for me. I'm excited and apprehensive and nervous, all kinds of feelings right now. I'm flying out to Canada in 3 days, WOW!! Yeah I really want to get as many done the first time as possible, the local Docs to me said the most they could do in one session was like 2500-3000, Dr. Wong can do 5000 for me so I'm happy about that but I also know that 5000 isn't going to give me the full dense coverage I want but I also know it's going to be an excellent start and yes life-changing. I can't wait. I have been doing the laxity exercises. Dr. Charles said I had great laxity already when I visited him a couple weeks ago, and yes I will keep everyone updated on my progress, you guys as a community have been great and nothing but helpful, I want to thank everyone for that, what an awesome community. I just wish I found you guys earlier. It's nice to know I'm not alone with these issues because sometimes it felt that way.

It's hard not get very excited for you, best of luck!!!!

citizenkage,

Best of luck on your upcoming procedure! Can't wait to find out how many grafts they can pull for you.

I understand the roller coaster of emotions you're on but but take comfort in knowing you've done your research and you're in excellent hands.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Here's my two cents. I don't want to burst your bubble but, don't do it! Shave your head and embrace your baldness. I've had 2 HT and a tattoo over the scar. I have been satisfied with none of it. Looking at your pics, I say shave it. I'm a big ugly pale white boy and shaving looks better. Wish I never would have done any of it. You mentioned "density" in one of your posts. Your not going to get density like on the side of your head with a transplant. You might get adequate coverage but not density. I also suggest you do some serious research into the scar it will leave...and it will leave a scar ( Strip or FUE). As time has passed my hair continued to thin and I cut my hair shorter and shorter and the scar is very noticable now. Again this is just my very humble opinion. Save yourself the expense, pain, and embarrassment.

Good luck with your surgery today with Dr Wong. You are in very safe and capable hands.

Now I am in Vancouver I shall come in and introduce myself and see how you are getting on.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

So I just got back from my appointment with Dr. Wong. I really did have a great experience with Dr. Wong and the whole staff there. I was very nervous and apprehensive going on, wondering am I making the right decision and all that. Well, The staff was just so friendly and dedicated to what they were doing, I'm so glad I decided to go with Dr. Wong. They really put me at ease and made me feel right at home. Going in, I was scheduled for about 5000 grafts and I ended up getting about 4500. Dr. Wong was able to give me some good coverage. I still need some work on my crown area and a little work on my temples. Dr. Wong said in about 9-10 months we'll do another session for about 2500 grafts and that should give me the desired coverage that I'm looking for. Overall it was a great experience, now it's just a waiting game, and I just can't wait for the hair to start growing in. Garageland, it was great meeting you. I'm going to call you by your handle unless you tell me otherwise. Feel free to post my pictures, and I will keep everyone updated with pictures as time progresses. Btw, garageland, hearing your story and the level of hairloss and botched surgeries and all that you had, to where you are now gave me a lot of confidence. Your hair really does look amazing and I can only hope mine eventually looks as nice as that.

Citizenkage,

It was great to put a face to the handle and chat with you on Thursday. You can call me David that's fine. I hope your journey back was ok. I think it is going to make a really positive change to your pre op situation. Please keep the forum and the clinic updated with your progress and I am here if you have any questions.

All the best.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Go for maximal coverage if you go FUT. You can always go further with subsequent FUE later. I hope you achieve the goals with your procedure, mate.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 3 months later...