Steroid injection & Finasteride

I've been having a conversation this morning about going on steroids for 10 weeks (2 injections a week). Just so I can get some muscle, then stop taking the steroids and maintain that muscle I have established. I'm currently on Finasteride & I'm 2 months post op FUE. Anyone with any experience or knowledge I would be grateful for you're advice.

Do not touch them. Stick with decent diet, creatine or something.

A guy I know who was a regular user, ended up having a stroke in his 50s and was paralysed.

I've seen other gym disasters, gyno growth and horrendous acne.

Please, it's not worth it.

You will not maintain all of the muscle you gain from steroids. You will retain SOME, but much of it will atrophy without anabolic steroids in your body to support them. And then you'll want to cycle again.

If you absolutely MUST, do a cycle of testosterone only at a dose of something moderate--like 500mg. That won't devastate your hair the way that other compounds will, but it will produce visible gains for sure. Just for the love of God, get on Propecia--or better yet, Avodart--before doing it. Otherwise, the increased testosterone will increase DHT conversion and you could wreck your nice new HT.

Really? You just got a FUE and now you want to do roids? You realize that one of the biggest side effects is hair loss, right? That and acne as another poster mentioned. Steroids are the lazy way of gaining muscle. Get a trainer, get in the gym, eat right, etc. and you can develop a perfectly natural great body.

Really? You just got a FUE and now you want to do roids? You realize that one of the biggest side effects is hair loss, right? That and acne as another poster mentioned. Steroids are the lazy way of gaining muscle. Get a trainer, get in the gym, eat right, etc. and you can develop a perfectly natural great body.

This is the proper response. Your grafts are just starting to grow; do you really want to bombard them with extra testosterone? If you **must** take something, wait another ten months and then do a cycle of testosterone only (ESPECIALLY if you've never done steroids before). It is very, very stupid to start steroids while a new transplant is growing in.

I totally agree. Starting steroids after a HT procedure could potentially have a negative impact on the regrowth of your grafts which no doubt are in the dormancy period/cycle.

And especially at this point in time post-op...:eek:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hey guys. Thank you all for you're feedback. I'm just looking into the harm it could, would cause or to see if anybody else has done it and came out ok on the other side. As I said before I'm serious about the approach, 10 week cycle only. I'm not interested in getting to body builder size or anything like that. So could 2 jabs a week for 10 weeks only really have a detrimental affect on my HT whilst on finasteride. I'm aware injecting steroids is an increase of testosterone, but I have been finasteride for the past 2.5 months(half a tablet 3 times a week) and I will continue with fin.

If it were me, I would wait until the procedure completely matures. You can always start the injection after waiting for the regrowth to occur, but your donor is limited.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

You haven't said which steroids you planned on taking. That makes a big difference. 2 months post op is not the time to do this. Even if it only damaged 5% of your grafts is it worth it?

If you do decide to do the roids at some point I hope you've researched proper ways to get off of them. You'll be shutting down your system for 10 weeks and without proper recovery you'll crash and you'll hate life for a long time.

• 2 months later...
I've been having a conversation this morning about going on steroids for 10 weeks (2 injections a week). Just so I can get some muscle, then stop taking the steroids and maintain that muscle I have established. I'm currently on Finasteride & I'm 2 months post op FUE. Anyone with any experience or knowledge I would be grateful for you're advice.

My advice to you my friend would be it is madness taking steroid injections if you have mpb issues

Take it from someone who has experience about what hes talking about.

I have now had 5 procedures.

After the second result i was happy but 8 months of steroids ruined that result. Most ateroids are underground gear all it takes is one lousy batch

Third procedure of 2200 grafts was growing well at 10 months when again 1 injection of losy gear ruined it.

For my fourth procedure of 1200 grafts i was able to find pharmaceutical gear from india and never did more than 0.25 ml equipoise every two weeks along with half a mg of fin 3 times a week,pretty much after 6 weeks post op i started this regime,stuck to it for six months and the hair grew okay but far from a spectacular result still it grew .but after my fifth and last im not touching anything

• Administrators

Visit hairlossfromsteroids.com he gives a list of steroids that are relatively safe for hairloss off the top of my head anavar I believe is one, I think and I'm not certain but superdrol or halotestin was safe, I'm a lifter myself and I've researched steroids and often pondered about going on a cycle but it's not worth it, you do not maintain the gains especially if you take wet compounds where the majority of the gains is water. Also, finasteride only blocks 60-70 % of DHT, but if you're taking superphysiological amounts of testosterone the amount of DHT your body will produce will be a lot more, so te effect that finasteride would have would be minimal, I've heard guys running dutasteride instead, again it's a gamble, personally I don't think it's worth the risk, not to mention the damage your gonna do on your endocrine system, once you come off the gear you're going to have to run an AI and you'll have to run finasteride, your body is going to have to have a hard time adjusting, you probably won't be able to maintain an erection during this time. You're essentially putting exogenous androgens in your body while suppressing a natural hormone, does not seem like a good recipe for your sex life.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Anavar and equipoise are the only ones that are close to relatively safe and even than it must be 100 percent clean pharma gear from one of the few pure labs such as alpha pharma india.and even than in my experience not more than 20mg anavar or 1ml equipoise every month.eq is very long acting.

Ive simply never ever understood 90 percent of gear users on forums who are dimwitted junkies who will take 100mg when 20 mg will do and 4 ml when 0.5 ml will do.

• Administrators
Anavar and equipoise are the only ones that are close to relatively safe and even than it must be 100 percent clean pharma gear from one of the few pure labs such as alpha pharma india.and even than in my experience not more than 20mg anavar or 1ml equipoise every month.eq is very long acting.

Ive simply never ever understood 90 percent of gear users on forums who are dimwitted junkies who will take 100mg when 20 mg will do and 4 ml when 0.5 ml will do.

I think it's because they're getting underdosed gear from underground labs rather than pharmagrade. I've also heard guys buying anavar and get it tested and it ends up being dbol that will eat your hair up. It's risk buying gear from underground labs, another reason why I chose not to run gear. But it's not worth it for any guy with MPB.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Seems very shortsighted.

To me the difference between vanity and insecurity have always been quite clear. Vanity is when you look in the mirror and care about your hairline even when no one is around. Its deep-rooted and innate. Insecurity is when you put on your mask simply when you're around others. .

These are conflicting forces even if they appear complementary. Be careful.