Masturbated After HT -- Am I paranoid?

THIS was your 1st post?

Hell, I drank, had sex, played a gig, had sex, and called my Mom later on the day of my Transplant.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Obviously this thread was going to draw lots of humor and at the same time I think paranoid was genuine in his concern.

It would be best advised to wait on doing any activity that would potentially raise blood pressure to the scalp within 72 hours of having the grafts placed, whether its sex, weightlifting, etc, etc.

Over the past four decades, I have heard from a dozen or so guys who had lost some of their grafts from having intercourse too soon after their procedure. Only several from masturbation. Yes, it can happen.

So although the issue is going to draw lots of various chatter, better to wait than to lose some precious grafts...:eek:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Obviously this thread was going to draw lots of humor and at the same time I think paranoid was genuine in his concern.

It would be best advised to wait on doing any activity that would potentially raise blood pressure to the scalp within 72 hours of having the grafts placed, whether its sex, weightlifting, etc, etc.

Over the past four decades, I have heard from a dozen or so guys who had lost some of their grafts from having intercourse too soon after their procedure. Only several from masturbation. Yes, it can happen.

So although the issue is going to draw lots of various chatter, better to wait than to lose some precious grafts...:eek:

In all seriousness, when you say "lost grafts due to high blood pressure", do you mean the grafts literally popped out with bleeding?

Or does high blood pressure mean the "quality" of the blood changed and the grafts died for not getting enough oxygen or similar?

In all seriousness, when you say "lost grafts due to high blood pressure", do you mean the grafts literally popped out with bleeding?

Or does high blood pressure mean the "quality" of the blood changed and the grafts died for not getting enough oxygen or similar?

Asking myself the same question here. Can Grafts actually dislodge "internally" and you won't notice it because it doesn't bleed?

Did any Sperm land onto your grafts? this could cause them to become very very sticky and would then pull the grafts out of place and dislodge them.

If you have followed your ht doctors instructions for wearing your cap while masturbating you will be fine.

I presume those girls carrying out your graft implantation had their tits hanging into your face? if so , ask your HT doctor for photos of this stage,............ and send them on to me as soon as you can.

All the best............................Paddy.

ZeoRanger,

I mean these guys literally lost some grafts by them popping out, or better defined by the grafts dislodging form their scalp and found them sticking to their pillow and/or hair.

And yes, in some of the cases, there was bleeding from the sites where the grafts came out and was very evident immediately following intercourse.

These were guys who had sex the same night or within several days of their procedure...:confused:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, but sex means much more effort/sweating etc than simply masturbating. Including the increaed risk of touching the head.

Anyway, i think the probability for the grafts to simply pop out without any touch is high only for a couple of hours after surgery, then it diminuates considerably. At two days, i think it's uncommon at all for a graft to pop out alone.

For real? Lol. I do not think it would be a reason for grafts to fall, even if you think about the blood circulation thing. Not all blood is going to your head and not all blood is going to your junk when you are playing with it. As doctors say, after 2-3 days the grafts are hinged to your scalp. So it is nearly impossible for them to pop out unless there was some force or unfortunate hit to your grafted area.

HT with Dr Radha - 30th June 2015

Total grafts: 3168 (1's: 930, 2's: 2090, 3's: 148 )

Total hair: 5554

Pre-op pics

My regime:

1mg Finpecia daily

Multivitamin tablet daily

Cod liver oil capsule twice a day

Minoxidil 5% solution (1ml) once a day

Nizoral Shampoo 1% (once a week)