Dr Feriduni 9 month update 2200 FUE

ezel

Truthfully I'd like a refund. I'm very positive he won't give it as I've asked and he has said no. It's been suggested to start a thread as other have that have had failed procedures as nobody likes bad press per say. For me it's just very difficult to go back to the same doc for another procedure when I had a failed first procedure. Honestly some of my faith in the whole concept of hair transplantation has been lost. I went to one of the worlds best. There are lists on this site asking for the best and his name always falls on it. I don't doubt that he is but as a patient I am truthfully scared to go back. In life when we go to a doc and have a bad experience it's tough to go back. As ice said I'm a dentist. I see so many people that say I had a bad experience as a kid and never went back. Obviously hair transplantation is cosmetic so it's not like one has to go back but it's the same concept. If I got my money back I'm not even 100 percent sure I'd try another procedure. If I did obviously is make sure I was the only patient and is make sure the doc did all of the technical parts of the procedure

As for the reps. I do think it's a shame that the docs pay them and they are essentially mediators in all aspects of the process. If it was a team member of the actual office that went in 8-5 every day then I'd see that as someone who works for the doc and is doing his or her own job. But from what I take these reps don't work daily at the office. Correct?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very very few docs refund. Once your money is in their bank, they'll run the show.

There are few big names that have issued refunds behind closed doors or may have disclosed this on forums. I know quite a few and their unhappy patients. I don't see what is the big issue here though. Doctor offers a repair thus realizing screw up, but talks down request for refund. That's not all classy. Definitely leaves a bitter taste. It's like how Arfy was left hangin by another doc, except he lost a lot of money.

Why do some docs like their patients to suffer? I have no idea. But they definitely lose cool points and it makes numerous folks cautious even consulting with them. My friend was seriously considering, i will advise him to look elswhere now. I don't want anyone to face any issue if something screws up. This surgery is time consuming and stressful for folks as it is.

Really sorry you have to go through this, but abig thank you for sharing. Im all about doctors and their own surgical skills, but if business ethics lack, then the whole perception you have of them falls. I can understand your feeling of repair and I would've thought a refund of some sort was a reasonable request.

You can either try to move on or see if this doc changes his mind. I don't think any other business entity will help you out or anything. Just write about your ordeal across all venues and let folks give you their input. Atleast it gives an idea to some folks of what may occur if x y z happens with a particular doctor. It is good to know. Thanks and i hope you get past this somehow.

As for the reps. I do think it's a shame that the docs pay them and they are essentially mediators in all aspects of the process. If it was a team member of the actual office that went in 8-5 every day then I'd see that as someone who works for the doc and is doing his or her own job. But from what I take these reps don't work daily at the office. Correct?

At least you've been offered a free operation, which is far more than Dr Feller offered me when my result was less than ideal. Then it was denial, defensiveness and dubious excuses.

LondonHTseeker

Have u posted you poor result? I feel like I've never seen a bad result from dr feller. Then again in picking dr feriduni I didn't really see many bad results either. What were the "reasons" he stated your procedure didn't turn out optimal?

It's linked at the end of the "FUT is more popular than FUE" mega-thread. The reasons Dr Feller gave centred around his claim that he had asked me to return for a second pass in 6 months but I don't believe that had been the agreement. In the thread, he was very defensive and obstructive. This was around 4 years ago; I'm long since over it. I'm merely citing it as an example of how the responses of different clinics can vary (even though our two clinics both have the same rep). That said, my result was relatively better than yours is. I'd say at least 60 percent of my grafts grew.

It's linked at the end of the "FUT is more popular than FUE" mega-thread. The reasons Dr Feller gave centred around his claim that he had asked me to return for a second pass in 6 months but I don't believe that had been the agreement. In the thread, he was very defensive and obstructive. This was around 4 years ago; I'm long since over it. I'm merely citing it as an example of how the responses of different clinics can vary (even though our two clinics both have the same rep). That said, my result was relatively better than yours is. I'd say at least 60 percent of my grafts grew.

Aaahh, the infamous 6 months!

Stig, your running "joke" about the way I was screwed around over a less than optimal result is lame and foolish. You clearly don't understand what happened and have chosen to see it as some kind of petty gripe on my part. You're wrong but I couldn't care less, so I'm not about to go to the futile effort of explaining to you why.

Ezel, I sympathise with your situation. It must be frustrating to witness how a recent refund was granted to a Hanson and Wong patient, with a similarly poor result to you, after they went on the offensive using this forum as their mouthpiece. It's curious how different clinics respond to dissatisfied patients with poor results when they post on this forum.

londonHTseeker,

I havent created the thread as i would feel better to ask the doc again for a refund but i guess if it gets to that point ill start a thread. Would my result really sway people? I dont know. From the reponses thus far I know the fact that he isnt involved w the extraction process and only pops in really at the incision process has brought some light to those considering him. Who knows..Ill keep you guys posted.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sean.

I haven't updated anything bc truthfully the result is still crappy. Nothing new has changed. I'd be more then happy to post a picture or two if anyone would like me to. The offer of a free procedure is still on the table. I can't say I'm chomping at the bit to have it done. My wife has zero desire to let me travel to Brussels now considering the state of the world. I'd truthfully rather have the procedure done state site. Traveling internationally wasn't awfully after the procedure but it wasn't amazing either. We had a baby 6 months ago also this time really isn't on my side. Kind of hard t sit on the sidelines and not help out which would kind of be what would be required after surgery to some extent. Let me know if you guys want an updated pic.

• 1 year later...

Any update? I do not believe that you has some improvement after 1.5 years, but maybe you came to a financial solution.

Regarding your "state of the world comment": I have been in Brussels several times in the meantime. No issues at all. If you would prefer it, you can also fly to another Airport and drive to Brussels by car. Germany: Cologne Airport, Duesseldorf Airport, ... Or Eindhoven Airport in the Netherlands.

I wish you all the best.

I would like to see the photos at this present time. That's why I believe in the strip method. I'm sorry if you are upset with the results it's life consuming sometimes. I hope you find an alternative approach to this and get your hair back. Good Luck

• 1 month later...

Still crap results. I'll post pics this weekend. Don't worry they won't blow you guys away. I actually was supposed to have another procedure done with the doctor last week but cancelled it bc I felt terribly uncomfortable. I'm going to give a big write up and include the lack of effective communication I felt with his clinic. Zero financial compensation was given as well. overall I'm still very unhappy but can't spend my life dwelling on it. Detailed write up to come...

Still crap results. I'll post pics this weekend. Don't worry they won't blow you guys away. I actually was supposed to have another procedure done with the doctor last week but cancelled it bc I felt terribly uncomfortable. I'm going to give a big write up and include the lack of effective communication I felt with his clinic. Zero financial compensation was given as well. overall I'm still very unhappy but can't spend my life dwelling on it. Detailed write up to come...

To be honest I was initially considering a HT with Feriduni when I was fielding potential surgeons, one of the main reasons I decided not to was the lack of communication from their clinic. Took almost a week sometimes to get a response to a simple question and often involved multiple follow up emails.

I really feel for you, wouldn't wish something like this on my worst enemy. Hope you find a competent surgeon and get the result you've been hoping for.