Dr Feriduni 9 month update 2200 FUE

ezel

Ezel, missed your response. How goes it now?

I've watched quite a few of Dr Feriduni's fue results as he's one of my preferred doctors. He seems like a stand up guy and I liked his bedside manner. I also consider him one of the best I've seen in terms of results and his hairlines are probably the most natural I've seen. But I've also seen a number of results which need 'touch ups'. Yours, sadly, appears to be one such case. Having gone through it, what do you think caused that? On the face of it, you seem like a pretty good candidate.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ezel, missed your response. How goes it now?

I've watched quite a few of Dr Feriduni's fue results as he's one of my preferred doctors. He seems like a stand up guy and I liked his bedside manner. I also consider him one of the best I've seen in terms of results and his hairlines are probably the most natural I've seen. But I've also seen a number of results which need 'touch ups'. Yours, sadly, appears to be one such case. Having gone through it, what do you think caused that? On the face of it, you seem like a pretty good candidate.

Newbie33

No real changes. I can post a picture if anyone wants but figured it was kind of pointless. My hair is longer so I guess it looks somewhat better but that's not due to new growth it's just due to longer curly hair.

I honestly think the outcome is as it is due to poor graft extraction and then being out of the body to long. As you stated and others have stated: I was a pretty good candidate.

As for the results you say you see. I honestly don't see a large amount of results posted by the doc on here. There are a few but not as many as I think we would like. Some of the results are of people with essentially a full head of hair yet they want to lower their hairline a tad. While a result is a result I can't truthfully look at that type of result and say that it helped me make my decision. I'd like to see more people that are legit nw3/4/5 and the results that are achieved on that type of procedure. With so many procedures done I just can't get over that he doesn't have more examples or more patients don't post.

Could you post the links in which you found cases that need touch ups done by him. I've asked to see cases that he considered sub par and the patient pics after the touch up but he hasn't provided me any. He did state that we sign a confidentiality paper which I know we did but truthfully I need to see these outcomes in order for me to make up my mind about going back to get a second procedure. Everyone here says do it as its free but there is way more to it then just doing it bc it's free. It's a year plus of your life waiting and watching for a result that we hope turns out well.

Some of the results are of people with essentially a full head of hair yet they want to lower their hairline a tad. While a result is a result I can't truthfully look at that type of result and say that it helped me make my decision. I'd like to see more people that are legit nw3/4/5 and the results that are achieved on that type of procedure. With so many procedures done I just can't get over that he doesn't have more examples or more patients don't post.
All doctors post only the best of their best results online. Good to remember to take them with a grain of salt, as you point out. Hope things turn out ok for you.

Ezel

Feel your pain, man. I'm sure most guys want one pass at this and to not think about it again for at least ten years. I suspect most guys who don't get great results stop posting for whatever reason. There are a number of those from most doctors.

There aren't many Feriduni NW3-plus results. Mostly as I'd imagine he wouldn't do fue for such cases. I"l send you a private message to discuss more anyway.

If the doc said there was problems with the extractions that would lead one to believe that it could have had a bearing on the result. Doctors are aware of how long grafts can survive outside of the body, so i doubt that was the issue...unless you're grafts were unusually sensitive.

Tech error is a possibility, but they have lots of experience. You will probably never know for sure.

In terms of getting a second procedure, if you only get 1500 grafts, and you ask to take most of the grafts from the middle donor, where it's most thick, and not on the thin sides, and the transplant is free, and performed by Dr F exclusively, the only problem then will be the downtime and waiting.

If you can accept that it may not work again, but won't leave you thinner on the donor, the only thing you lose is time and stress/anxiety suffered waiting to see if it grows.

Likely worst case scenario is it doesn't grow, forget about it, go on with your life as a dentist, husband, father.

Best case scenario. It works, great density go on with your life etc.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Newbie33

No real changes. I can post a picture if anyone wants but figured it was kind of pointless. My hair is longer so I guess it looks somewhat better but that's not due to new growth it's just due to longer curly hair.

I honestly think the outcome is as it is due to poor graft extraction and then being out of the body to long. As you stated and others have stated: I was a pretty good candidate.

As for the results you say you see. I honestly don't see a large amount of results posted by the doc on here. There are a few but not as many as I think we would like. Some of the results are of people with essentially a full head of hair yet they want to lower their hairline a tad. While a result is a result I can't truthfully look at that type of result and say that it helped me make my decision. I'd like to see more people that are legit nw3/4/5 and the results that are achieved on that type of procedure. With so many procedures done I just can't get over that he doesn't have more examples or more patients don't post.

Could you post the links in which you found cases that need touch ups done by him. I've asked to see cases that he considered sub par and the patient pics after the touch up but he hasn't provided me any. He did state that we sign a confidentiality paper which I know we did but truthfully I need to see these outcomes in order for me to make up my mind about going back to get a second procedure. Everyone here says do it as its free but there is way more to it then just doing it bc it's free. It's a year plus of your life waiting and watching for a result that we hope turns out well.

That's what I noticed about FUE cases, there is a lot of talk about them but not a lot of results out there. So many doctors are given the credit for being great FUE doctors but they still do FUT and they have few of their own FUE results to share. Then you read that people say FUE is as good as FUT is but look at the difference in the number of results posted. Its huge. I really feel for the FUE guys because they are told they will grow as well as the FUT guys but when they don't they are just told they need a "touch up". More money, more surgery. Better just to get the strip and be done with it. Then you know there is still more donor area left. I hope everything works out for you and you get your hair back one way or the other.

Newbie33

Remember that this is an American hair loss website. Many countries have their own with 100s of results on a monthly basis.

Check out these forums:

French

Italian

Spanish

Here you'll find many Feriduni results.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I would be worried about another procedure with this doctor free is never really free. Good luck I'd go the traditional HT if your donor is still. good Sometimes you have to spend a lot for a renowned doctor to get good results but if you spend less on a procedure you end up spending more for repair jobs if you don't choose a doctor with a good rep and good before and afters. Get another opinion before you have the same doctor do anything to you

That's what I noticed about FUE cases, there is a lot of talk about them but not a lot of results out there. So many doctors are given the credit for being great FUE doctors but they still do FUT and they have few of their own FUE results to share. Then you read that people say FUE is as good as FUT is but look at the difference in the number of results posted. Its huge. I really feel for the FUE guys because they are told they will grow as well as the FUT guys but when they don't they are just told they need a "touch up". More money, more surgery. Better just to get the strip and be done with it. Then you know there is still more donor area left. I hope everything works out for you and you get your hair back one way or the other.

What a load of bollocks.

Jup, what a load of bollocks.

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

I really feel for the FUE guys because they are told they will grow as well as the FUT guys but when they don't they are just told they need a "touch up". More money, more surgery. Better just to get the strip and be done with it.

hahahaha even the great Feller contradicts this theory, he himself always preaches, strip strip strip strip until stripped out.... which is exactly the same as "touch up" but twisted and turned to make FUE look inferior, so who cares if you have to "touch up" "touch up" "touch up"..... still better than subjecting yourself to a brain surgery like scar.....

touch up touch up touch up touch up touch up or strip strip strip strip strip strip strip strip - its exactly the same, next argument

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

I'm not here to argue that's not my purpose in life . I'm really surprised that you actually admit your purpose on this site is to argue. I wish you more fun in your life a little dose wouldn't hurt. If FUE is your obsession no one can change your mind and that's absolutely fine but you always come across as hostile to anyone who would rather choose FUT . Have civilized conversations not this HA HA HA STRIP STRIP . You always bash FUT we ALL know your opinion give it a rest be more positive in life really Man.

I really feel for the FUE guys because they are told they will grow as well as the FUT guys but when they don't they are just told they need a "touch up". More money, more surgery.

Why say something that would easily offend people, already 3 direct replies to this comment and you have the audacity to say you're not hear to argue. Fine I misunderstood your angle of conversation. Perhaps refrain for the FUE bashing then I'll have no reason to respond,

I believe Fue has it's place for small cases I'm not against it if done with a experienced doctor and if the doctor thinks it's the best option . I just don't believe in large sessions that's just my opinion I can't fathom the thought of 4000 scars on my head maybe small but too much disruption on my head

I believe FUT has a place for people who need 5000+ grafts, I truly believe anything under this should now be handled with FUE, the whole tiny scar thing is virtually non existent, again this is just another way FUT'ers try to make FUE inferior, Im only guessing but HairJo have you ever seen a bad FUE scarring in person, I doubt that you have, I haven't, but occasionally I do see a FUT scar, not very often but I do. Speaking from experience I confess i do check from time to time is my donor area as good as it was, can people see the thinning, but when I look in the mirror i HONESTLY (in caps) i cant see any scarring whatsoever.

HairJo I do apologise for taking the micky out of your comments, but I am sick to death of this site being so against FUE, and yes it does make angry, i need to work on that.

There's a bit of cross-purpose conversation going on here - deliberate or not.

Feller and the strip, strip, strip argument is that you get the highest amount of grafts over your lifetime to cover an expanding balding area.

The fue 'touch up' being discussed here is using grafts to restore a basically failed/sub-optimal result from fue.

Seth, couple of questions for you too. The 5000 grafts you suggest which makes for a good strip candidate - is that 5000 over a lifetime or in one session? And second, had a v quick look at your result and couldn't quite make out - what's the reason you got another 1000 grafts so soon after the first 3000?

There's a bit of cross-purpose conversation going on here - deliberate or not.

Feller and the strip, strip, strip argument is that you get the highest amount of grafts over your lifetime to cover an expanding balding area.

The fue 'touch up' being discussed here is using grafts to restore a basically failed/sub-optimal result from fue.

Seth, couple of questions for you too. The 5000 grafts you suggest which makes for a good strip candidate - is that 5000 over a lifetime or in one session? And second, had a v quick look at your result and couldn't quite make out - what's the reason you got another 1000 grafts so soon after the first 3000?

@HairJo - yes I like the banter as well, I generally mean well...

@ newbie, The touch up "theory" is based upon that FUE can't deliver the mega mega sessions that FUT can, 5000 fue (max'ed out) would be done over 2 or 3 sessions, hence the term touch up, FUT'ers twist and turn this into calling it a failed procedure, when it was planned all along, I fall into this category, which answers your next question why 3000 then 10 weeks later another 1000,

originally planned for the mega session of 4000, once i got to Dr Bhatti's clinic he said my head was too small for to pick out 4000 in one go, 3000 was the max, and to come back in a year or so for another HT, (touch up), I knew i needed 4000, and with a new job on offer and knowing I would be 2 or more years before I get another chance at slotting in a second procedure I went ahead, fast tracked and got the next 1000 done. I doubt anyone has done this way, but it seemed to work fine for me, no damaged skin as Feller has proclaimed, I am booked in for my 3rd HT next month, again this is the touch up, Dr Bhatti could only transplant 1500 into my crown, when I clearly needed 2000- 2200, so we are planning on maxing out my donor area adding 500 or so to my crown, and touch up to the dislodged grafts on right front hair line. Could have had all this done in one hit with FUT, probably, this is one of the major flaws with FUE, the limited amount and time in a session, 5000 can be done, but expect it to be done over several years,

Seth, thanks. Who'd have guessed your head would be too small? :-)

I think the term 'touch up' - and certainly in this context with Ezel's procedure - isn't being used in the way you are using it. Ezel clearly thought the number of grafts he was having extracted would get him the desired result. I think most people use the term to mean going back over a result to achieve the original intended outcome, not as you define it as a staged approach to a final outcome.

I've followed a few cases like this and it's the thing that really stops me from getting an fue procedure. Which is really what I'd prefer to get.

Personally i think a patient having 3000 grafts plus should be recommended to go the strip route, unless a patient 100% can't handle the strip scar, yes FUE scarring is preferable, but the majority of patients who have strip, scar well, unless they are an unlucky minority, and/or if you go to a butcher of a HT doctor and he mangles the back of your head.

The worry of the strip scar is if you decide to go bald and shave down, but you can have FUE in to the scar, and i have seen many good post op pics of this making the strip scar blend with the stubble.

Obviously it's down to the patient to weigh up the pros and cons of each procedure. I am happy to see that FUE has improved, and bigger sessions are now possible, but if you are commited to HT and a another one later on, and you do not need to cut the back of the hair down beyond a grade 3, then strip still makes the most sense to me.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Newbie33,

I feel the exact same way. I came here with my mind set and really just wanted to pick a FUE doctor. Now I keep seeing FUE patients not growing well and I'm not even sure about the procedure.

Thank you for answering my question Ezel. I really hope you get this fixed. Please let us know if Dr Feriduni tells you why he thinks the FUE didn't grow well.

FUE for me?? Maybe???

• Administrators

It's been said before but I'll say it again this comment is a bunch of bull.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.