Should I get a transplant? (pics attached)

I've been weighing my options considerably. I'm 28 years old and have been losing my hair since age 21. I used Rogaine for the first 5-6 years but it really just quit being effective so I stopped over a year ago. I absolutely refuse to use Propecia or any kind of "drug" or pill. I just want to get a mega hair transplant (or two) and be done with it. I have looked in the following doctors: Wolf - Cincinnati, Meshkin - LA, Diep - SF, and Hasson and Wong in Canada. Do you guys think I'm too far gone to even get a transplant? I just shave my head with a one guard and have a beard to make me look Nordic but I miss having hair. Note* I did have a consultation with Bosley and they told me I had good donor hair.

image1.jpg.87c4befe06a1dad969e739a4bd09452b.jpg

image2.jpg.05fdbeb35f1c21101705ea32a231c0f9.jpg

image3.jpg.8325db7c769d5fb92847631a2bfd8dca.jpg

image4.jpg.ac0c0fe492819a5ca130b7bc122e6539.jpg

image5.jpg.3a8f955f4a40b1a21bce3005998553b9.jpg

image6.jpg.6862c0e1f41aa8dccbb4eee9cafcac2b.jpg

That is a lot of real estate to cover. I'm not so sure you have 5000-7000 donor grafts to cover it. I think you have a good head for shaving. At your age you would always look thinned out with a hair transplant. Most guys would shave if they had the head for it. Just my opinion.

Dr.Gabel 3972 FUT 11/3/14

Progress/Results Below ;)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177388-3972-fut-dr-gabel.html

Dude you have a perfectly shaped head

I'd rock it slick if I were you!

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

I'm an actor who lives in LA and I wanted that full head of "dream hair" but I've come to the realization it will never happen.

In fact a lot of people told me I'll get more work being a bald character guy like JK Simmons, Jason Alexander, or Corey Stahll.

I did a consultation at the Beverly Hills Bosley and instead of a doctor I got a salesperson.

I just always see this before and after pics and think they look great so thats why I kind of wanted one.

Yea. Go shaved. Save a lot of trouble (and money). You have a good shaped head.

I don't think the "just go shaved, your head is perfect" cuts it, when you're losing your hair. I'm new to this forum, but there seems to be some surgeons who can work miracles, even with your extent of loss. You seem to have a considerable amount of chest hair, so a body hair transplant may be an option.

I would send pics to reputable surgeons and see what comes back in terms of their recommendations. At least you'll get an idea of your options.

Good luck.

Hi Cleveland

I would go for FUE only. I would work on the area of hair shown to the side of your thumb in your last photo, and try to increase the density there moving backwards .

Have a look at some docs who have experience in beard fue, and try to meet their clients who have had this procedure.

SL Doctor Bisangas rep was a high norwood level and has outstanding results from beard and scalp fue.

I would avoid smp.

All the best, happy easter!

ej

I would grow it out a bit then post photos, I suspect you have more hair than it looks like and your hair might be coarse. However, if you don't want to take finasteride, then I don't think it is a good idea. What you could do is do FUE to create a buzzed look, but I have not seen too many people do that for some reason.

You could consider a maximum harvest FUE and body hair to get as much coverage in your frontal third / mid scalp / light in crown. Then opt for SMP to add the illusion of density / fill in the FUE dot scarring at 8 months post op.

Don't do it, either get used to the bald head or wait for an alternative in 5-10 years.

& what alternative would that be?

Is there some well kept secret that millions of Men don't know about which is soon to be out in 5/10 yrs?

Hi,

Whilst you do have extensive hair loss, I think you can obtain a nice improvement.

Your expectations have to be realistic. You could probably get decent coverage in the front to frame the face and a sprinkling towards the crown.

Based on your pics, I'd say you need consultations with Hasson and Wong for FUT and Jose Lorenzo for FUE. They have a TON of documented cases of high Norwood transformations.

However, I feel they will both tell you to get on Finasteride. It will prevent future hair loss but also potentially thicken the donor also.

FUE will also allow you to shave down if you want which can add to the illusion of a fuller head of hair.

Good luck

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

I'm an actor who lives in LA and I wanted that full head of "dream hair" but I've come to the realization it will never happen.

In fact a lot of people told me I'll get more work being a bald character guy like JK Simmons, Jason Alexander, or Corey Stahll.

I did a consultation at the Beverly Hills Bosley and instead of a doctor I got a salesperson.

I just always see this before and after pics and think they look great so thats why I kind of wanted one.

I think you have to ask yourself, how far do you want to go with your career? Are you a working actor or an aspiring actor? I think it is a sound question because it can determine how to move forward.

My gut says to tell you to forget surgery of any kind. You can't just get one or two megasessions and "forget it" because hair loss is progressive. You are a full blown NW6 now, chances are at your age you'll eventually be a NW7 without meds, which you refuse to take. I'd say stay away from surgery and test the theory presented about being a bald actor.

One thing to consider about Jason Alexander; a lot of his roles outside of Seinfeld had him wearing a hair piece. This is far more common than you may realize and is considered to be normal in your industry. This gives you far more options than if you have surgery because with a hair piece you can still take the roles that require a balding man and the next day you can get the role that requires some hair. With surgery, this may not always be the case, even with FUE. I usually don't recommend hair systems but in your situation it is just a part of the job for many people.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178210-patient-results-dr-dua-6000-grafts.html

Look at above and see how it compares to your case. Seems like good results, unlike others i do not think your donor area is weak. Again I am a newbie...but I thin Txp can give you good results.

I am not advocating any surgeons here, just googled Norwood6 results and saw this one. There are equally competent surgeons in Europe and USA, you need to make a creaful choice.

I feel your pain, and the last thing I would want to do is feed you bs. Dream hair isn't happening for you unless they clone or figure out somewhat to get you the amount you desire. Just do get in crazy good shape, tan,and new threads and your confidence will rise just like your career

dude watever decision u make steer clear of Bosley. Bosley hires the ppl that can't make it on their own. its like being on state welfare and going to the hospital to get treated. ur getting the first year doctor that barely passed his medical boards.

Bosley is a bunch of hacks and they only do FUT. FUE is ur only option imo. but u have more open real-estate then donor hair so I think u cud improve ur look but ull always be balding.

if my head was perfectly shaped as yours id rock the shaved look forever. I rock it now but definitely want a head of hair cause my head is ugly and I have CVG and hav plenty of donor..

I think you have to ask yourself, how far do you want to go with your career? Are you a working actor or an aspiring actor? I think it is a sound question because it can determine how to move forward.

My gut says to tell you to forget surgery of any kind. You can't just get one or two megasessions and "forget it" because hair loss is progressive. You are a full blown NW6 now, chances are at your age you'll eventually be a NW7 without meds, which you refuse to take. I'd say stay away from surgery and test the theory presented about being a bald actor.

One thing to consider about Jason Alexander; a lot of his roles outside of Seinfeld had him wearing a hair piece. This is far more common than you may realize and is considered to be normal in your industry. This gives you far more options than if you have surgery because with a hair piece you can still take the roles that require a balding man and the next day you can get the role that requires some hair. With surgery, this may not always be the case, even with FUE. I usually don't recommend hair systems but in your situation it is just a part of the job for many people.

an example of great advice.