Dr. Koray Erdogan, Asmed - 3200 grafts in hairline and midscalp, december 2014

Astaldo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great! I'm considering Asmed Clinic, if you dont mind me asking how much did they charge you? I'm looking for a good deal because where I live they want to charge me $18,000 USD for 2500 grafts, that is way too much money for me after hearing how much other doctors charge in other countries.

Guys, thank you for your feedback!

I apologize for not responding to each comment in time, have been pressed with obligations at work.

ChristopherJ,

Dr. Erdogan does not demand that people use finasteride (propecia or proscar was mentioned during the consultation), but explains the important role of preventive medications such as those in preventing the future hair loss and maintaining existing hair, and suggests that people should try them and see will it work for them without side effects.

He would not and cannot force you to do something you do not wish, but in my opinion (and experience) finasteride is important, if you have proper body response to it, because without it (or minox, which is not working in my case anymore), you will continue to thin and lose original hair and in time would need more and more HT-s to catch up with hair loss. You (or I, or anyone) will probably end that route anyway in time, but if you can buy yourself extra 5, 10 or 20 years with maintaining your current hair, why not to try it?

When I took my first pill of proscar I was literally sweating, fearing that I will feel instant erectile dysfunction. But I decided to try it and see if it would work, and I am glad that I did. Now, I am just explaining my case, that doesn't mean that you should go the same route, but I think it is important for you to think about all possible options.

r5000,

you can find all about the costs of my procedure and flights, pick-ups and hotels in the first post of this thread.

To cite myself: "Afterwards, I went to their financial office and payed the surgery (1000 Eur deposit + 7000 Euros at the clinic), mandatory medications (240 Euros), driver pick-ups (120 Euros), PRP treatment (300 Euros) and the hotel (320 Euros)."

I also payed 120 Euros for the flight, but I suppose that is of no interest to you because I was flying from Croatia and not US.

Raman,

thanks bro. I wish you fast regrowth and the best result possible.

This looks great! Nicely done. Really happy for you.

• 6 months later...

Well, finally a new update.

It's been a long time, almost 19 months after surgery with Asmed clinic.

In short, I am very pleased with outcome. It is looking really nice and I can style it practically the way I want, except when it grows much longer. For that I would need cca 800 more grafts into hairline and maybe 1200+ to crown to look the way I want it.

Sorry for the quality of the pics, this time I had only my phone camera to take photos with.

As always, feel free to post your impressions!

Best of luck to all of you guys and girls :)

1h.jpg.5569c3d2b84da9c8e7d7c62b79ec6530.jpg

2h.thumb.jpg.b977d84330d6eb2850b87fd5192cf878.jpg

3h.jpg.dcf3c228704a0adba6250cf498d1cccc.jpg

4h.jpg.07cfd813498c9ead3262ed29b65efe29.jpg

5h.thumb.jpg.438d453147e0138dbe56550f544550e5.jpg

6h.thumb.jpg.a2eb0ea6a696ac4005b5bfda1573d7c0.jpg

thatoldchesnut, thank you for your kind comment.

I think I'll wait at least for one or two more years before I take the HT route again.

If /when I go, I'm 90% sure I'll go with Asmed again.

At the moment I am very satisfied, although I still need to use small amount of Nanogen fibres in my crown.

Proscar has stabilised my hairloss, and I am not noticing a lot of new thinning, although I still have some shedding while washing my hair, but now there are almost no thinned hairs compared to the thick ones. Before Proscar almost half of shedded hairs in shower were thin and depigmented.

If I go for 800 more in hairline, it will be because I decided to fill in my crown a bit, and hairline thickening will only come as a bonus. :)

Astaldo, thank you very much for the update. You are looking good! Stellar result...I agree with the proscar. I always have noticed my hairs have improved with less falling and looking more thicker.

Yaz89,

thank you buddy

I am following your thread, think I'll be pretty jealous of your hair after next few months.

Totally agree with Propecia/Proscar improving existing hair caliber and quality.

ifanyonecan,

thanks man.

• 5 months later...
Yaz89,

thank you buddy

I am following your thread, think I'll be pretty jealous of your hair after next few months.

Totally agree with Propecia/Proscar improving existing hair caliber and quality.

ifanyonecan,

thanks man.

Great result man , Can you please tell me what was your density in this hair transplant?

I believe the average is 32 cm2 when I have divided the total grafts by the area of

transplantation . But I curious to know the density in hairline and frontal area.

Great result man , Can you please tell me what was your density in this hair transplant?

I believe the average is 32 cm2 when I have divided the total grafts by the area of

transplantation . But I curious to know the density in hairline and frontal area.

Hi parsia,

Thanks and sorry for being late with my answer. I am really not sure about the exact density of my hair transplant, since I am unable to find papers with info that Asmed provided after the surgery. Your numbers would be correct if you use the total number of grafts divided with the total recipient area. However, I think my hairline area received more density in contrast to midscalp. If you've seen my first posts you could notice that I had more hair in midscalp than in hairline. So I am convinced that they were transplanting grafts in greater density in my hairline in contrast to midscalp.

I can help you with trying to calculate approximate density using the pictures of the transplated areas. During the first surgery day, I know 1800 grafts were transplanted into hairline (see the picture in the attachment). Remaining area (mostly midscalp) received 1400 grafts during second day of the surgery.

Based on the picture, I presume that my hairline area was app. 40cm2, and the rest app. 60 cm2.

So the total count would be 1800/40=45 grafts per cm2 for hairline, and 1400/60=23,33 grafts per cm2 for midscalp.

I don't think that these are the exact numbers, but they could be close enough. Hope this helps you a bit.

Day2_surgery.thumb.jpg.96ebdfbd78a13b9db71ddb414dacb3b4.jpg

Oh no thats totally fine , thanks for very detailed answer , Your result is great . I think that make sense , however with the 45 grafts per cm2 on hairline I can't even see any part of your scalp , which surgeon call it average density but the hairloss is not visible at all . Good Luck and Enjoy your new look.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, time for a new update.

It has been 2 years and 1 month from my surgery with Asmed clinic. Time goes by very fast. I'm already 30. Wish it would slow down a bit. Some of you asked me to show close-ups of the current hairline pictures, wet hair pics, others asked if I could show them my density issues regarding longer hairstyles (I know it is not long enough for a 'real' evaluation, tbh...).

So here are my new photos. In short, 2 years after the HT, I am more than pleased with the result, but I am slowly starting to suffer from hair greed and ever unsatisfiable need for a (little more) perfection. If you ask me, most of the time my hair looks and feels great, but I would like just a little bit more density in the hairline and crown (still use some Nanogen fibers for the last), so I can sport longer hairstyles from time to time, and to avoid my hair looking messy because of the lack of volume in thinner areas. Proscar is doing its homework for now, so I don't have thinning issues with original hair (but I am constantly monitoring it).

I think I will contact dr. Erdogan in a month or two for his evaluation, and would like to hear what my options are, or am I just unrealistic and greedy. I would like to have further improvement with as little graft numbers I can, but would also like that third HT to be my last one (wishes, wishes...)

Last picture is not so great, but it is depicting hairstyle I usually sport to get the best I can from my hair.

All comments are welcomed and appreciated.

First set (1-4 greasy hair with dandruff, 5-8 wet hair after shower):

1_Front_greasy.jpg.d121936fcbcc9236c369e413ac5b4272.jpg

2_Hairline_front_greasy.jpg.91ef2870eb7a409d0002dbcb5511abb0.jpg

3_Hairline_left_greasy.thumb.jpg.4a451fb1c2b94ed5aac20a0e13d5d262.jpg

4_Hairline_right_greasy.jpg.13c0a0f762a67ddaf6d854d418859503.jpg

5_Front_wet.thumb.jpg.b9c2dcefb763c458b1f8d26facf25c56.jpg

6_Front_wet_down.thumb.jpg.e14773f00f3ba2bc14383edffa8e820c.jpg

7_Front_wet_left.jpg.b2d8086973731029501e2221444dfecf.jpg

8_Front_wet_right.jpg.acc1e69b233e8173e2e9556e82c71c83.jpg

Edited by Astaldo

Hey Astaldo, you look great! With such a great starting position any improvement from a further HT could only be marginal, and the difference would be invisible to anyone apart from you. My advise is to enjoy your results and revisit only if/when your hair loss progresses in the future.

Congrats on a great final result!

What a transformation!

I agree with ersko, I don't think there is any need for a further procedure. Being only 30 you can't predict what will happen over the next 20 years do keep those grafts in the bank in case you ever really need them.

I am 6 weeks out from my procedure with Dr Erdogan and deep in the ugly duckling phase. Tough times but if I come out of it with hair like you then it would all be worth it.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Astaldo, thank you so much for the new pictures and the explanation of everything.

First of all, let me say that these new pictures make me feel VERY reassured and that was EXACTLY what I wanted to see. The length of your hair here is perfect to me, and it looks dense and totally normal. I would never suspect you had lost any hair at all, really. Your hairline, pulled back, also looks perfect, and that's something I was a bit concerned about with some of ADMED's patients. When I consult with ASMED I'm going to take your pictures with me and ask Erdogan if he can give me a result just like yours, I mean that literally.

Out of curiosity, since we talked about longer hair length, can you show an example of a length or style you would like to do but that you don't feel comfortable with with your current density?

Please let us know if you do consult with ASMED again about adding further density, I'd love to hear their input (which I hope is positive). Regardless, I think you have nearly infinite styling options available even now, especially if you're willing to use some product in your hair.

I'm sure you realize this by now, but you look like a different person from the pictures you posted in the first thread. Congratulations.

Guys, thank you for your posts

Ersko72,

I'm pretty sure you're right, and I certainly appreciate your thought. I'll have to carefully think about and plan for future surgeries with some form of future hair loss on my mind. Also, great HT result for you too. Hope you're enjoying your new hairline.

DEB1982,

if I decide to go for a further but smaller touch-up procedure, I will certainly pick small number of grafts with keeping most of what's left of my donor for potential future loss. According to Dr. Erdogan (stated just after the surgery) I still have some 4500 grafts for future procedures, although I'll ask him to reevaluate my donor. Wish you all the luck with regrowth, and hope that you'll be satisfied with your procedure. Ugly duckling phase is really stressful , but when it ends you'll hopefully quickly forget about it.

ru5884111,

thanks. You can freely use my hairline pictures in consultation with dr. Erdogan if you feel that this is the type of design and density you're searching for. For me, it only indicates that Dr. and his team made a great job. If I contact Asmed for a consultation I'll inform this forum of their opinion and further evaluation.

I'll also let my hair grow just a little bit more just to see If I can make something out of with it being longer (and will also inform myself about hair products. If you have some recommendations, I'll gladly hear them.).

Some hairstyles and lengths that I fear I don't have enough density for now to try would be (less dense) versions of following pictures:

7-long-top-taper-fade-hairstyle.jpg.c2d0e3f80115a24476a06e733b1acae8.jpg

7951.jpg.008b2c4394ad1a8c09d3228cfd18c9d0.jpg

5b32f18829667_Longhair_exmpl1.jpg.2f28136b2bce36455e039c00b1bd6cd8.jpg

5b32f1883bef3_Longhair_exmpl5.thumb.jpg.86efd8412c9688e2c6a83aa6e97c5305.jpg

5b32f18854940_Longhair_exmpl6.jpg.c20ffdb463fa30adec30dc584861135f.jpg

5b32f1887a946_Longhair_exmpl7.jpg.4d6f4774253a4075107982cfdc220636.jpg