Best California Hair Transplant Surgeons? Is Bosley my only option?

gregg917

Thanks everyone for having a look at my thread! I've been keeping my eyes peeled for alternatives to Bosley (had appointment and considering Beverly Hills for surgery if I can't find someone better).

I've come across Dr. Feller however he's real far away and am looking for really great, reputable and experienced surgeons in California. I'm 23 and am looking to have about 1,000-1,400 grafts done (according to what I went over with Bosley) but have become hesitant to proceed as most people are leaving negative experiences with Bosley.

So I wanted to please see if anyone can refer me to a surgeon they've had personal experience with here in California who are real happy with their results!

Also what form of financing options did you use or are available? I wasn't approved for CareCredit but a bank is willing to pay half of my procedure with Bosley if I provide the other half myself.

Hope to hear back, thanks again everyone!

Pump your brakes young man! Do not, I repeat, DO NOT have a hair transplant with a hair mill such as bosely. In the top right hand corner there is a search for recommended doctors in your area, use that to help guide you do find a doctor who has been scrutinized by the owners and community of this website. Even if you have to travel, it is well worth it because you only have a limited lifetime supply of donor hair and you can't afford to waste any of it. Choosing a coalition doctor is your best bet if you can afford it. IF not, you may have t board an airplane to get a surgery that is affordable and top notch. Keep researching because all the answers are on the website. Also if I were you since you need relatively few grafts, I would look it to a FUE procedure. Good Luck.

I personally love the work of Dr. John Diep, who has two offices in California and is a recommended physician here. He does both FUT (strip) and FUE extraction, with an emphasis on FUE. Visit his web site and look through his large video gallery of results. Like most coalition and recommended physicians here, Dr. Diep will give you a free consultation. He is someone I personally would travel to for a transplant if I didn’t live in California, but since you live there and travel costs are an issue, all the better.

Also check out the work of the other California based recommended physicians here and schedule consultations with them as well. Many transplant physicians can now do virtual consultations via photographs or Skype if distance or time off from work is an issue -- although an in-person consultation is ideal, both for the surgeon and for you in deciding who you want to trust your head and precious donor supply to.

Good luck!

Hello Gregg.

I suggest you first take a look at the videos in the link below.

Interviews with our recommended hair transplant physicians

There are several surgeons in California and you can watch their videos.

Also once you become more familiar with the hair transplant industry,

you may become less wary of traveling. I traveled all the way from

Texas to Vancouver, BC. for my transplant.

I felt that is was important to go with one of the very best surgeons

because I was going to have to live with the results the rest of my life.

I had flown great distances to beaches, amusement parks, mountains....

so why should I decline to fly to a great surgeon on something so important?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Bosley have limited incentive to do what is ethical with respect to your hair. If you went back in 18 months complaining about your hairline they will just say: "Oh, that was Dr Frankenstein...we sacked him. How about another surgery with Dr Lecter?"

There's no harm in visiting some decent doctors in the area: Carmen, Mohebi, Diep and Deyarman for example. Visit all of them.

23 is a bit young to be having a transplant.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Take a look up and to the right. You'll see a drop down menu of recommended surgeons in your area. Start there and FORGET BOSLEY. I repeat, FORGET BOSLEY!!! If you are willing to travel a bit you should also check Dr. Alexander I'm AZ or Dr.Arocha in TX. Both are very artistic with their hairline work, IMO.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

+1 to what others said. Avoid Bosley. In NorCal Diep is good (I did 1500 FUE with him..click on my name to see my thread with pics so far). Umar and Rassman in SoCal are very very good as well. Rassman actually trained Diep :) Also I am fairly certain Rassman is now retired, but his colleague Pak is supposedly top notch...

• 1 month later...

Just echoing what the others have said. Avoid Bosley. Especially living in California, you have a ton of options for really great surgeons who will give you the one-on-one attention you deserve while delivering top notch results. Look at the doctors supported here and get a consultation with one of them to see if a HT is even something you need.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Bosley? lol thats like wanting to build a car to compete in NHRA drag racing and going to Pep Boys to have them build it....:rolleyes:

head to Europe if u want it done right for a reasonable price. u can get it done right here in the good ole US of A but ull get ripped off.

but even if I had money to burn id still be heading Europe.

Bosley? lol thats like wanting to build a car to compete in NHRA drag racing and going to Pep Boys to have them build it....:rolleyes:

head to Europe if u want it done right for a reasonable price. u can get it done right here in the good ole US of A but ull get ripped off.

but even if I had money to burn id still be heading Europe.

Just out of curiosity, how much cheaper would you say they are in Europe? It seems $8 a graft seems to be the average going rate in the US for FUE. If you are able to stay local in the US and avoid travel costs/hotels/etc., does it end up balancing out?

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56