Dr KORAY ERDOGAN - 4008 grafts FUE

ASMED SURGICAL MEDICAL CENTER

Dr Koray Erdogan

- PATIENT'S AGE: 36

- NW: IV

- TOTAL DONOR CAPACITY: 7000 grafts

- GRAFTS DISTRIBUTION: 1800 grafts were used to fill the frontal part; 2200 grafts to cover the mid-scalp and vertex parts

- FINASTERIDE: The patient started the treatment 6 months before undergoing the surgery

4008 grafts FUE extracted with titanium manual punch, diameter 0.7 - 0.9 mm.

Incisions realised by: custom made blades, lateral slit

779 single grafts

1856 double grafts

1370 multiple grafts

BEFORE THE OPERATION

file_zpsa9186b3e.jpg

file_zps5ce8927a.jpg

file_zps718baa9b.jpg

file_zpsd91bf59e.jpg

file_zpsbdfe3de2.jpg

file_zpsdfc8e6f0.jpg

file_zps36d30f06.jpg

OPERATION

file_zps8f7d0ded.jpg

file_zpsc4f9138b.jpg

file_zps5368ef1d.jpg

file_zps7be58d49.jpg

file_zps18bb7fc2.jpg

file_zps2c088ecf.jpg

file_zpsb0e1757a.jpg

4 MONTHS

file_zps71ee2ddf.jpg

file_zpsd7e06dcb.jpg

file_zpsbddcc2c2.jpg

file_zps3a8872ce.jpg

file_zps59787161.jpg

file_zps3977f083.jpg

file_zpsc2ddab3d.jpg

6 MONTHS

file_zps637879aa.jpg

file_zpsa3476469.jpg

file_zps6ac1de07.jpg

file_zpsae003db9.jpg

file_zps1e6cf0b2.jpg

9 MONTHS

file_zps143b9c2a.jpg

file_zpsd0f9aac5.jpg

file_zps68d1f3aa.jpg

file_zpsef064c2d.jpg

file_zpse6ef450e.jpg

file_zps2541a77f.jpg

file_zpsf10cfd1d.jpg

file_zps9292360f.jpg

ASMED Surgical Medical Center

Dr Koray Erdogan. Istanbul, Turkey

- For info, evaluations and quotations: htn@asmed.com.tr

- Telephone Contacts (Numbers active in working time and 24h for urgencies):

Main number : (+90) 216 464 11 11

USA: (+1) 8454612049

UK: (+44) 2035191146

- Free online consultation: Online Consultation Form

- For additional information on our clinic, cost and photos:

Asmed Hair Transplant Official Website

- Our Official Facebook Page

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think it's so bad, I I like the result, but I feel the 12 month shots are taken under shade and not bright light. It is also likely due to the fact that he started finasteride 6 months before surgery and has thickened up.

I'll point out to our newest troll friend BUSA that here is an example of Dr Erdogan correctly placing a conservative hairline.

I don't think it's so bad, I I like the result, but I feel the 12 month shots are taken under shade and not bright light. It is also likely due to the fact that he started finasteride 6 months before surgery and has thickened up.

I'll point out to our newest troll friend BUSA that here is an example of Dr Erdogan correctly placing a conservative hairline.

once again schmuck I've been here LONG before you so get over it.... in fact I was here in the late 90's.

the only reason the hairline is so conservative is because his hairloss was quite extensive therefore it demanded it with a thinning donor zone. if u actually had a clue about hair transplants u cud have figured that out on ur own.....:rolleyes:

once again schmuck I've been here LONG before you so get over it.... in fact I was here in the late 90's.

the only reason the hairline is so conservative is because his hairloss was quite extensive therefore it demanded it with a thinning donor zone. if u actually had a clue about hair transplants u cud have figured that out on ur own.....:rolleyes:

That's a contradiction to what you have been saying in other threads. You keep saying doctors should be giving patients low hairlines, e.g. NW2 or lower.

So lets say the above patient was a Norwood 3 when he was around 30 years old (he's 36 according to above). If he had a surgery back then which took him to a low Norwood 2, do you still think it would look dense and natural now? For some reason you just don't get it.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

there is no contradiction there. someone who is a NW3 will have at least 6000-8000 donor hairs on average from his HEAD alone NOT including another 2000-4000 BHT depending on the amount of hair he has so he can easily have any hairline he wants cause he has plenty of donor hair. what is it YOU don't get?

if someone needs to get another FUE NOT FUT down the road thats easy. you can't keep goin in and cutting ones scalp with FUT but one can easily go back for more FUE.

the only time an aggressive hairline cannot be completed is if the patient has limited donor hair or thinning donor hair or some medical reason and losing hair as a result OR he simply can't afford to pay for the amount of grafts its wud take to give him the density from the hairline back.

which is another reason doctors like Lorenzo are reserved for those that have money to burn which isn't most ppl wanting to restore their hair therefore they can't afford the amount of hairs it wud take to complete their HT but thats a moot point with lorenzo cause he doesn't perform aggressive hairlines..

That's a contradiction to what you have been saying in other threads. You keep saying doctors should be giving patients low hairlines, e.g. NW2 or lower.

So lets say the above patient was a Norwood 3 when he was around 30 years old (he's 36 according to above). If he had a surgery back then which took him to a low Norwood 2, do you still think it would look dense and natural now? For some reason you just don't get it.

I guess everyone had their own opinions. I don't consider Dr. Lorenzo a conservative doctor. Not so I consider Dr. Konior especially conservative. I don't see anything wrong with this transplant, at the nine month mark it looks fine. I think if you weren't already well versed on transplants and met this guy on the street you would but give this guy's hair a second thought.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 months later...

ASMED SURGICAL MEDICAL CENTER

Dr KORAY ERDOGAN

13 MONTHS AFTER THE SURGERY

file_zpsc2421503.jpg

file_zps295f56e8.jpg

file_zpsda7a985f.jpg

file_zps138ff378.jpg

file_zps672f07f9.jpg

ASMED Surgical Medical Center

Dr Koray Erdogan. Istanbul, Turkey

- For info, evaluations and quotations: htn@asmed.com.tr

- Telephone Contacts (Numbers active in working time and 24h for urgencies):

Main number : (+90) 216 464 11 11

USA: (+1) 8454612049

UK: (+44) 2035191146

- Free online consultation: Online Consultation Form

- For additional information on our clinic, cost and photos:

Asmed Hair Transplant Official Website

- Our Official Facebook Page

The density IS poor. That's because it's 4k grafts spread over an entire head. It would take twice the grafts for a nw 5/6 to have a full look over a large area.

Nothing wrong with the case, it is what it is. 4k grafts on a high nw.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

The front hairline looks a little pluggy. I'd like to see him go back in for 500 more in the front to add density. The risk of course is shock loss, but I think the doc is good enough to minimize that that. It is not uncommon for patients that have 3000+ grafts to need a touch-up session, especially when they are building a new hairline from scratch. Some micro-irregularities on the hairline would help as well to break it up a bit.

The density IS poor. That's because it's 4k grafts spread over an entire head. It would take twice the grafts for a nw 5/6 to have a full look over a large area.

Nothing wrong with the case, it is what it is. 4k grafts on a high nw.

I agree that they really stretched the 4000 grafts too far. Should have taken 500 nearer the crown and placed them up front. Always work front to back, and never compromise the front to stretch to the back.

I actually like this result. Keep in mind that no one looks at your head from above. Secondly, he has pale skin and dark hair, so the hair line may come across as less thick (I don't think it looks pluggy). Thirdly, his crown was dipping, and the crown appeared to be opening up before that hair transplant. This means that without medication, he could very well become a NW6. Finally, as a Norwood 6, I would be delighted with this result. He went from being entirely bald to having an illusion of coverage. So what if his crown appears to be thinning. People don't consider you to be bald if you have hair on top! Imo, great result. Thanks for sharing.

FYI, I think the meds played an important role here.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

The density is not poor here. This is a solid result for the number of grafts moved. Again, we are getting spoiled with NW 2-3 patients having the same number of grafts moved. You cannot compare it to this case. Most know that intuitively but based on these comments, I question if we on this board are not starting to expect miracles on NW 5-6 patients. I am starting to think we need a whole new category for NW5-6 patients to avoid the NW 2 stating how "Poor" the density is and how they would not be happy with that density.

A NW 2-3 patients results are irrelevant to a NW 5-6 patients results period. The only thing to compare is naturalness as it should be there for both. I was a NW 6 and now I have a decent head of hair but if those 8000 grafts were placed on a NW 3, I would be at a whole different level.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

The patient had a large area covered perhaps as much as 200cm2 so the density was likely at best 20grafts/cm2 which looks pretty good visually despite the fact. I sure he has enough donor left to get an excellent final result should he choose a 2nd procedure.

This guy is a norwood 5/6, not a 4 as described in the first post

I think its a solid result given the area covered, from what ive seen a norwood 5 or 6 would need at least 7k grafts to have acceptable density over the entire balding area, although some need even more

The thing here is if this guy gets another 3K fue and still isnt happy with the density or the crown balding gets worse, what does he do then as the doc estimates he will be maxed out at 7K fue grafts

I don't mind the density i think its fine for the grafts transplanted. But the hairline is pluggy, maybe it has to do with the caliber of the patients hair and the skin contrast. I don't know if anyone from the clinic can answer on that. Or maybe they don't feel thats the case.

• 3 months later...
I don't mind the density i think its fine for the grafts transplanted. But the hairline is pluggy, maybe it has to do with the caliber of the patients hair and the skin contrast. I don't know if anyone from the clinic can answer on that. Or maybe they don't feel thats the case.

It isn't pluggy. It is 'perfect' which Dr.Erdogan tends towards with hairlines,in this case the fact that it is not dense makes that more apparent. I agree this is not so many grafts given his hairloss, and I'm betting with a 1500-2000 touch-up he'd look great. I do agree though that too often NW5+ tend to try to recreate hairlines vs trying to make a really good looking receding hairline (think Jude Law pre ht). That in itself should be an art form but I'm imagining the temptation and pressure from the patient to get back their old hairline is immense.