I started loosing my hair at the age of 24 (Now @33). I have tried Bio-Fiber twice but I lost all the implanted Bio-fiber in 3 years time

I've undergone a FUE in 2009 with 1000 grafts since I need to cover only my frontal hairline (had good coverage in rest of my head that time).

Now I am at Norwood level V . I was left out with the 1000 graft at frontal hair line implanted in 2009. I have consulted many doctors . I have decided to undergo FUE with Dr.Vikas. He is affordable for my budget and I got an appointment on 11th July 2014..

I have landed at Chandigarh Airport on July 10th. one of the doctors representative picked me from the airport and dropped me in the hotel booked for me. The Hotel Leela classic ( I opt for a budget hotel ) was very nice with AC / fridge/ mini bar in a room and very nearer to the clinic.

Next day morning one of the doctors representative came to hotel to pickup me to the clinic.

I had my Hair transplant completed on 12th July with Dr. Vikas Gawri. It is a two days procedure.

I had lot of small Bio fiber hairs which looks odd so doctor spent some time initially to plug out all this bio fiber (see my 3rd picture).

July 11th (Day 1): 2500 grafts were taken from the back and planted in the front portion with higher density

July 12th (Day 2): 2500 grafts were taken from the back and 600 from the chin area to cover the rest of my head up to crown

it was planed for 6000 grafts earlier but due to shortage of grafts they could able to extract only 5600.

Doctor explained me about the shortage and returned the money for the 400 grafts.

I want to mention this Incident . Doctor clearly instructed me not to wear cap for 2 weeks or can wear a loose cap after 2 days.

when I am coming back to Airport I feel to wear a cap to cover the scabs. Due to my ignorance few grafts in my frontal hair line plugged out . I thought very bad about myself. I called doctor about the incident and I thought of going back and correct this at any cost. I just postpone my trip by a day. I reached the Clinic immediately and the crew was ready to repair this. They extracted 100 more grafts and corrected my frontal hair line in 1 hour 30 mins. I was much relived after seeing my hairs again in that area.

I cannot explain my feelings that time. I was really thankful to the team . I talk to the doctor again for how much i need to pay for this.He simply replied " you need to pay extra for postponing the tickets and for hotel room so no need to pay any thing "

you cannot see any difference in my frontal hairline.

Doctor and his team members are professionally trained and very friendly.I am waiting for my results.

Day 12: Most of my scabs had gone. Nobody could Identify that I had a transplant surgery.I did a clean shave on 5th day itself.no scare or no marks visible in the chin area.

A bigger size punch was used by my previous doctor in 2009 for 1000 grafts which was slightly visible @ Day 12 .

Almost 5000 grafts were taken from my back but nothing is visible at day 6 itself as in the chin area.

I have added the Day12 and Day7-chin photos

I have posted my photos in my Album

Hair Restoration Social Network - Hair Loss and Transplant Photos

I will keep post my results regularly

Image.jpg.a69193c046d97c4bcdbf9e1018fc209a.jpg

IMAG0175.jpg.0b9572069868ad818fe563eb3cc47cde.jpg

5b32e0538feeb_Black-Spots-Biofiber.jpg.fcb4dec241733cf7de8deb84bf749770.jpg

Day1.jpg.5a0cd5ef177ce00ad3c31572d5728d7f.jpg

Day2.jpg.82524c3b7d722b24a1ad190c4cf17f17.jpg

IMAG0200.jpg.c44d726731d66eb5d81562248c550f9b.jpg

Day12.JPG.b73f9a81e2c3d84438c4a67b00f468c1.JPG

Day12-front.JPG.349a312786f40aed1fb834b2bef193ba.JPG

Day7-Chin.JPG.512163ef4d9bcb4c8617f1c3e197f584.JPG

Edited by siva1999

• 1 month later...

not familiar with this practice but it seems that India doctors are popping up all the time which is to be expected I guess considering how cheap it is to practice there.

10 doctors in one practice and they do plastic surgery as well? that doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. and I don't care for the fact that on their website u can't enlarge the pictures to see before and immediately after pics.

but so far it looks pretty good but so do all transplants for the most part immediately after. the true test is 12-16 months to see how many grafts have actually taken.

and where are the prices?

Congratulations! Look forward to updates.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 1 month later...
Post opt: @ 3 month

Can you tell us more about the first surgery- 1000 grafts? Which center? Also every time you post it would be good to have a newspaper at the back so an original posting is verifiable by date. Just so it is not promotion you are doing. I am looking at options in India but am hesitant since it is an unruly market. Can I have your phone number and can I meet you to see your progress?

• 2 weeks later...

@NaMo,I have sent my contact to your Inbox. I am posting my photo's just to make sure whether I got the correct growth and its not for promotion. Before deciding the surgeon better you get some contact details of their patients in your area and get clarified about your doubts from the patients.

I am from Chennai,if you are nearby we can meet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi folks. So I did go to the Dr Vikas Gawri clinic in India while visiting friends in Punjab. I must say the surroundings are filthy and the doctor was not available the whole day since he was doing some burn surgery in the hospital. The clinic is shred with other doctors. I realised the doctor does not do only hair plantation. It is part of his work of reconstitutional surgery. So do your research. He may be good but this is what I found.

I would beware from such centers in India .... if at all I think only Dr. Radha comes close to International Standard and Honest Practice , But she is only FUT , although she does FUE But i guess she is more Trained for FUT under Dr. Path from Bangkok , Other Doctors from India .... I will Surely NOT Touch them from a Mile .... Just Marketing Hair Mills ..... Runnnnnnn

I would beware from such centers in India .... if at all I think only Dr. Radha comes close to International Standard and Honest Practice , But she is only FUT , although she does FUE But i guess she is more Trained for FUT under Dr. Path from Bangkok , Other Doctors from India .... I will Surely NOT Touch them from a Mile .... Just Marketing Hair Mills ..... Runnnnnnn

Hi Mikeey,

With all due respect, India is a country of over a billion people and there is no dearth of excellent doctors including Hair Transplant Surgeons and Clinics that are at par with the Western standards. I would encourage you to check out Dr. Bhatti (Darling Buds) who has been doing FUE HT exclusively for the last so many years.

Just typing "Dr. Bhatti" and hitting the "search" button on this Forum would lead to scores of posts from Dr. Bhatti Patients and Clinic.

Thank you,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Dear California

Thank you for the suggestion , But already know of your doctor , and I just voiced my Opinion which I believe is my Right ! I have Never said anything against your Country (India) which I say is very Beautiful and Diverse in its Highly cultural settings , We Never Discuss Countries here my Friend ,.... we Just Discuss Doctors and Procedures , And everyone has a Right to Voice , Does your Doctor Initiate a "Full Refund " if the Results are Not Satisfactory ? Or if the Patient is Not Happy with the Outcome ? Kindly give this Vital details to the Members here .

Thank you Once again California .

Dear California

Thank you for the suggestion , But already know of your doctor , and I just voiced my Opinion which I believe is my Right ! I have Never said anything against your Country (India) which I say is very Beautiful and Diverse in its Highly cultural settings , We Never Discuss Countries here my Friend ,.... we Just Discuss Doctors and Procedures , And everyone has a Right to Voice , Does your Doctor Initiate a "Full Refund " if the Results are Not Satisfactory ? Or if the Patient is Not Happy with the Outcome ? Kindly give this Vital details to the Members here .

Thank you Once again California .

Hi Mikeey,

I respect your opinion and agree that you have every right to voice your opinion. I am not trying to discuss countries here.....just responded to your statement "Other Doctors from India .... I will Surely NOT Touch them from a Mile .... Just Marketing Hair Mills ..... Runnnnnnn"........ I thought that that was a blanket statement over ALL the doctors from India.

In regards to Dr. Bhatti, yes, we absolutely stand behind and back up every HT procedure that we perform. A "full refund" if results are "not satisfactory".......that is a pretty open ended statement. I do not know of any HT Surgeon anywhere in the world who can make that promise. An HT result might be "unsatisfactory" from the Patient's point of view (depending upon how realistic the Patient's expectations are).

Again, just clarifying our stand on this and not trying to get into an argument. I respect your opinion.

Have a wonderful day and Happy Holidays.

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 2 months later...

Looks much better, especially the left side. In my humble opinion, I think a good trim and style by a pro stylist would help even more. The top looks a little long vs. the sides. I know it may show some thinner spots if you keeps it a little shorter, but those spots will probably keep filling in over the next few months. You can always grow it back out to this length if you don't like it shorter.

Like I said, you are way ahead of where you started.

• 3 years later...
On 12/12/2014 at 12:31 AM, California said:

Hi Mikeey,

With all due respect, India is a country of over a billion people and there is no dearth of excellent doctors including Hair Transplant Surgeons and Clinics that are at par with the Western standards. I would encourage you to check out Dr. Bhatti (Darling Buds) who has been doing FUE HT exclusively for the last so many years.

Just typing "Dr. Bhatti" and hitting the "search" button on this Forum would lead to scores of posts from Dr. Bhatti Patients and Clinic.

Thank you,

California

Agreed with @California

And thanks for replying to @mikeey respective everything what he was unclearly talking about whole doctors of India. 

I would like to suggest top 3 trusted plastic surgeon of Punjab region as:
Dr. Kapil Dua
Dr. Vikas Gupta
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti

Regards,
Ram Babu