3k FUE 5 Years Ago 4211 FUT With Hasson 5-26

Hi Guys,

I made a semi-rash decision to get a second hair transplant. I'm glad I did. I'm currently in the doldrums - swollen head, some pain. I look like Sloth from the Goonies. I chose the surgeon I should have chose initially, Dr. Hasson.

I had my first transplant about 5 years ago with Umar - You can see details in my blog. Overall, I was happy with the cosmetic change from my first transplant. However, the growth was probably about 50 -60%. I was left with a big bald spot on the right side of my head that I used dermmatch to fill in and a very sparse right top side of my head. However, with some styling I was able to look decent.

I had a great experience with Hasson and thought I'd share some pictures. Their staff was wonderful, Dr. Hasson was extremely friendly and attentive. Thank you for a great trip - I will say that there was more pain with the strip but not unbearable with the meds.

I went in expecting about 2k to 3k graphs but Dr. Hasson got 4211 grafts. I'll keep you posted on the progress. This forum was a great place for me to share. Over the years I've spent hours and hours on this forum. Thanks for offering such a great place to learn and share.

I'm including pre-op and immediate post op pics. Let me know if you have any questions.

back-preop.png.87d3c3af727416429a8ae5863d1ca337.png

Front.png.2beda8420ee4a59ae8ca09d1c2250212.png

front-2.png.c924605f4fd787e8cfa25b4e2bd74f15.png

Left-preop.png.5f326a219aa3a92b3771866477e909c7.png

Right.png.33ddd68a0e17b2e8d2215c0137985e1f.png

Right-Front.png.59af34ab7cc3286943af833a9e5b1b6e.png

front-post-op.png.4519f0a086ffb77380edd0050ab427dc.png

Left-post-op.png.cb22f39e5261731c78d47e76ee5a2373.png

right-post-op.png.98fdf1c29b3ba55a93defe1213bdf8c2.png

top-post-op.png.1d3c853413297506034902c8e8d330bd.png

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website

It's the loss on the right side behind the temple peaks further temporal peak recession since your last surgery or sock loss? I think you'll be very happy with the outcome of this surgery.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Congratulations! I'm excited to see the final results.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

hang in there you went with a great surgeon and that's a lot of grafts man as you already had some decent coverage

you should be rocking in a few months! and that should help you get through the early post-op blues

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Thanks Guys -

Spanker in response to your question about the right temple. It's been like that since the first transplant. It hasn't receeded further. I'm honestly not totally sure what it's from. I think it's a combo of harvesting hair from that area and not transplanting new hair far enough back. I've attached a post-op pic from my first transplant of the right side.

5b32df57bee65_Day3RSide.jpg.d256db9d8681b02a52e3d697634768a9.jpg

My Hair Loss Website

As long as there is minimal scarring from the previous surgery in the recipient area, I think you will have a really good result.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thanks Guys -

Spanker in response to your question about the right temple. It's been like that since the first transplant. It hasn't receeded further. I'm honestly not totally sure what it's from. I think it's a combo of harvesting hair from that area and not transplanting new hair far enough back. I've attached a post-op pic from my first transplant of the right side.

That is a very odd choice of graft distribution and donor sites really. Honestly, there are some cases that I look at and immediately think that doctor Umar is the man for the job (repair cases, little scalp hair left, etc.) but then I see things like this and I do not understand what is behind his decisions.

At any rate, I think you hit the jackpot here and this result is likely to be far far better. Happy growing and good luck.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Abe, all the best on your latest procedure, I hope all works out well for you.

Picture one is shocking! The donor looks over-harvested, and looks like the punch used was too large.

Regards

ejj

In retrospect, my first transplant was pretty bad. My recent transplant with Dr. Hasson is just so much cleaner - there is already way less redness and almost no scabs. I have hope!

I think with bad transplants, the option to go back for a touch up is generally not something many, including myself, want to do. It's tough going through the 2 or 3 month phase where you look bad. Then after waiting patiently for another 10 months, to consider returning and going through the process again, is not something I wanted to do.

I now work from home and I'm not worried about co-workers or customers noticing. I'm glad I waited and chose someone like Dr. Hasson.

My Hair Loss Website

Abe, all the best on your latest procedure, I hope all works out well for you.

Picture one is shocking! The donor looks over-harvested, and looks like the punch used was too large.

I can only comment from the Italian patients that I have seen that have had FUE previously to coming to Vancouver but for me this normally what I have seen. From the 30 or so patients that I have seen one 1-2 FUE dots seemed smaller but those patients had almost no growth.

Abe I look forward to your future pictures. Can you tell me why you picked FUT instead of continuing with FUE? Thanks!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Not too impressed by the FUE donor extraction patterns and size of the scarring... I feel the extractions could have been spread out more uniformly and either a very large punch was used or the grafts that were extracted were too close together... I hope you get an amazing result with Dr Hasson, the recipient looks very nice and dense and I like the hairline and temple design.

• 1 month later...
I can only comment from the Italian patients that I have seen that have had FUE previously to coming to Vancouver but for me this normally what I have seen. From the 30 or so patients that I have seen one 1-2 FUE dots seemed smaller but those patients had almost no growth.

Abe I look forward to your future pictures. Can you tell me why you picked FUT instead of continuing with FUE? Thanks!

Lorenzo - I didn't want to mess around this time. It looks like some people are getting decent results from FUE. But for me, I didn't want to risk it. I got much less than 100% growth from my first transplant.

I will say that I've got some pretty bad shock loss right now but I'm less worried about growth than I would have been if I went with FUE.

My Hair Loss Website

Congratulations on your recent surgery with Dr Hasson Abedogg and thanks for documenting your story here. As I am sure you know you are in very safe hands and I look forward to following your progress.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone - Just a quick update. I'm at 3 months and already seeing some great growth. Don't want to jinx it or get overly excited. Thought I would share. Months 1-3, I had some really bad shockloss but it's mostly gone.

Here are a couple of pics of the hairline growing in.

5b32e1266d75c_9-22.jpg.456e8e0c84b0bd6b4a5aa1a0c45fcdc4.jpg

5b32e126817bd_9-21.jpg.193cd485e31558d369e5512b353c416f.jpg

My Hair Loss Website

• 6 months later...

A couple of more pics with better lighting. Need a haircut or less gel in these pics.

In response to the questions I'll probably get:

I'm very happy I went with Dr. Hasson (he's the best imo). I'm also happy I chose FUT. I still have some slightly thinner spots on the right side but nowhere near as bad as they were before. The overall density is pretty amazing.

IMG_1176.jpg.cf684ace29a77fc4e26ae9ab0cf67bc5.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg.047e596ecbde7ce52c29ab2266630e89.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg.581be9324f9331e22935839af6cd92d1.jpg

My Hair Loss Website

Great result. Dr Hasson is hands down the most consistently great hair restoration surgeon out there IMO. He knocks everything he does outta the park. Great man, great surgeon, great results. He changed my life for the better and I'll forever be indebted to him. I'm sure there are thousands of other people out there who feel exactly the same!