Rahal 1200 FUE

RyanVodka

Hello everyone, last may I had 1200 FUE done with Dr. Rahal. Here are my results nearly 11 months later. I am 29 years old and had a receding frontal hairline and decided to have a small procedure to begin to build the new hairline.

I am aware that my hair loss was minor and that I am still relatively young however I was bothered by my hair and am glad I made the decision to do something about it. I have nothing but good things to say about Dr Rahal and all his staff. I stayed at Rahals guest house for a week after my procedure and loved every minute of it. I honestly felt like I was on a vacation that happened to include a hair transplant. Overall I am very pleased with the experience.

IMG_8401.jpg.202591c8f75f1f991c0794f21adbfd95.jpg

IMG_8408.jpg.a7264f87919e1c1487d788039a1d3ea3.jpg

5b32de75306b6_IMG_8754(1).jpg.bd6964045a6c4dac7d63ada3deed7005.jpg

IMG_8752.jpg.77b65da748843e60036de48ffca1c4a2.jpg

20140415_115047.jpg.01faccdb78f7ee4cb4f046c14c3d10f1.jpg

20140415_113040.jpg.9b96aa9dce91c93f471622aa14232318.jpg

20140415_112756.jpg.a07e74442b8ec13fc85d248e2d26004b.jpg

Edited by RyanVodka

When I saw your before pictures, my first reaction was, "Why the hell…" and then I saw your result. Looks great. Congrats.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Jeeze! Dynamite result. You must be thrilled. Congratulations!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

were you on any meds before the procedure?

your hairloss seems to have been minimal looking at the before pics, probably what most would hope to have "after" a good HT

anyway nice result, congrats

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

IMO, this patient should have been turned away.

Hairline does look nice though.

Curious why do you think that?

So long as long as he's following a good treatment plan, I have to disagree. I think the result was a nice improvement and definitely worth the grafts. If you look at the preop pics and imagine the line is not drawn I see why he would want to lower his hairline. He also seemed to have some thinning towards the front.

Agreed...

I don't understand this. The patient was 29, not 21. He has minimal loss and Dr. Rahal used 1,200 grafts. Even if the loss progresses--which, let's face it, it's not likely to to a significant degree given his age--he has plenty of grafts in the tank to do a less-dense transplant behind.

I really don't see a problem with this approach.

Thanks for your guys interest in my procedure. I was on minoxidil for a few years prior to my procedure but did not see any results. In fact I felt like the alcohol in the particular solution I was using was actually making my hair worse. I have never taken propecia or any of the other synthetic reductase inhibitors, I do however take Grape seed extract, Soy Extract and Maca Root Extract. I also use Revita Shampoo nearly every day.

I do agree that any hair transplant to a patient in their 20s in a risk, however Dr. Rahal and I were relatively conservative in our approach. Every graft he placed was within native hair that I still had. One of the reasons the hairline looks dense, other than Rahals good work, is that the hair line was in fact not lowered at all. The end result combined with my clever way of styling my hair makes it look like I was basically restored back to my youth hairline. In the end I definitely acknowledge that the decision to have surgery was a risk given how young I am, however if you assume that I have 2 more operations of this size in my 30s that will put me at 3600 grafts by the time I am 40.

At the end of the day you really have to do what is going to make you happy. Recently a friend of mine told me she was getting breast implants and I tried to talk her out of it. I told her that she was already beautiful and that she didn't need it. I was in mid sentence when I realized how hypocritical I was being. It really doesnt matter if I think she needs it or not, if it is going to make her happy and more confident then that is really all that matters.

I'm including a few more photos of me 6 days post op.

IMG_8758.jpg.aeed6effb14fb104df5375e38f9a3fc0.jpg

IMG_9093.jpg.f995077a72392c80dbe9a3c2bf103bea.jpg

IMG_9484.jpg.4749c3eeef3bad202fb7da911ba489d8.jpg

IMG_9482.jpg.3f7880ebd69df191173e1fe6672d0630.jpg

Edited by RyanVodka

One of the reasons the hairline looks dense, other than Rahals good work, is that the hair line was in fact not lowered at all.

I hate to split hairs (:)), but I don't get this part. How? In the two preop pics where the hairline is drawn, there is a large exposed area of skin between the line drawn and your hairline. You may have had some straggler hairs still out by where the line was drawn, but I wouldn't consider that your pre hairline. It looks like your hairline was lowered a good 1cm.

The hair in that area was definitely thinning but it wasn't bald. Had it been nearly bald I dont think 1200 grafts would have produced the hairline that I have now given the size of the area that was worked on.

5b32de796e9b5_IMG_8419(1).jpg.98d0719b4c089af62e0bcf77db0b0a12.jpg

Edited by RyanVodka

I don't understand this. The patient was 29, not 21. He has minimal loss and Dr. Rahal used 1,200 grafts. Even if the loss progresses--which, let's face it, it's not likely to to a significant degree given his age--he has plenty of grafts in the tank to do a less-dense transplant behind.

I really don't see a problem with this approach.

Neither do I, all though most think someone needs to be at least a NW3 before having an HT. HAIR MATTERS MOST WHEN YOU'RE YOUNG, and within your prime, not when you're over weight, forty years old, and married.

An emotional investment, and home run by Dr. Rahal.

HAIR MATTERS MOST WHEN YOU'RE YOUNG, and within your prime.

Absolutely ridiculous statement. Depends what you consider your prime. Sad if you think life peaks in your 20s or early 30s.

Neither do I, all though most think someone needs to be at least a NW3 before having an HT. HAIR MATTERS MOST WHEN YOU'RE YOUNG, and within your prime, not when you're over weight, forty years old, and married.

An emotional investment, and home run by Dr. Rahal.

Bloody hell, if anyone is reading this and is over 40, you may as well give up - society deems your appearance no longer important. :)

Ryan,

Apprears to be an excellent result. I am glad to see another of Rahal's FUE cases submitted by a patient.

Any possibility to see the hairline he restored/improved up close and in greater detail with optimal lighting?

Thanks for sharing your case with final outcome photos. So many fall off the radar after 4-6 months!

Edited by jbrant

Absolutely ridiculous statement. Depends what you consider your prime. Sad if you think life peaks in your 20s or early 30s.

You gotta admit though, appearances and other superficial values peak in the 20s. I think the main reason guys care about their hair is to be desirable to girls, and when you're in your 40s women don't care as much about hair.

You gotta admit though, appearances and other superficial values peak in the 20s. I think the main reason guys care about their hair is to be desirable to girls, and when you're in your 40s women don't care as much about hair.

Um, depends on the women you date. Women of all ages are attracted to a man who is confident. And if hair is part of that, it doesn't matter how old you are.

Um, depends on the women you date. Women of all ages are attracted to a man who is confident. And if hair is part of that, it doesn't matter how old you are.

Speaking generally. And I'd say women are more superficial in their 20s as opposed to 40s, so if you're bald and confident at 25 it will be harder (generally) to date than if you're bald and confident at 40.

Speaking generally. And I'd say women are more superficial in their 20s as opposed to 40s, so if you're bald and confident at 25 it will be harder (generally) to date than if you're bald and confident at 40.

Depends if you're dating women in their 40s or in their 20s/30s when you're 40.

I see no reason to turn this pt away. It's a reasonable design that's less aggressive than a lot of patients get with much greater loss.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Confidence will never frame your face properly, a girl can't run her fingers through your confidence.

A twenty something year old who's balding is subhuman in the eyes of attractive women. It's not normal on average, and is weird. Iv'e always seen older men who balded as a graceful act, and part of mother nature. It's not a big deal, but when you're young, and balding you're subhuman, and out of place in most cases. An honest indicator of a genetic inferiority.

Those who started balding in their thirties don't know how good they have it compared to a teenager, and early twenties male. At this age, hair loss is the last thing you want on your plate, it's a huge crutch.

Watch,

I spent a lot of my twenties in the military, so no one has just killer hair because it was short, but I didn't experience this at all when I was younger. I had pretty good hair but had bald friends with attractive wives and girlfriends. Some got them because they were smooth, some because they were funny and kind, and some because they were Jason Statham type alpha males, but pretty much all of them had to do with their personality.

Sure, guys with hair got girls, and maybe it was easier, but not all women are that shallow and as they age, they become more forgiving. I don't think a twenty something balding is weird at all, but it is unfortunate.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Watch and Fue, if you think life stops at 40 you're kidding yourselves. ;-)

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)