dating and disclosing HT

I'm interested in taking a survey of people who had HT's performed.

When do you tell a significant other that you have had a hair transplant?

I feel like it would be a very unattractive thing to tell a woman.

Is it best to mention it right away (in the dating phase) or after you are committed/exclusive?

:confused:

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

I would only tell them if you're going to get married or you have a strong desire to let them know.

Your cover story is the meds helped you regrow which is partially true anyway

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

For casual dating, heck no. Never bring it up! As long as I had the HT done before meeting the person, I would never speak of it. Now if I was dating someone while getting a HT, coming clean would probably be unavoidable unless procedure was really small.

I have good experience with this considering I had my first transplant done 18 years ago. My policy has been to tell if the relationship is going somewhere not in the casual dating stages. In experience with the girls I have told they have really not been bothered by it in the slightest.

Most women have their own insecurities and would like to change some part of them and in general are far more accepting than you may think. I used to make a big deal about it when I told them as I built it up to be a big deal but from experience it really is not.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

As Chris Rock said, all women are living a lie with make-up and hair extensions, etc. Of course, he's much funnier about it. ;) And Garageland is right. Women all have their own insecurities. Problem is, they don't like to see that in men. So if I didn't really know the woman and just met her, it might be a while before I told her, depending on our comfort and intimacy level.

I've been on hiatus for the past 6 months while going through my first HT and there are several women I was seeing casually before I had it. I've been keeping them at bay when they say they want to see me - tell them I'm busy - so I'm interested in seeing their reaction once we do meet up. Unfortunately, women don't like to be kept waiting for too long. This has been one of the hardest parts of the journey for me.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

I always thought that when casually dating someone you should be focusing on her not yourself. If things are getting more serious then you can let them know. It should not change the way they feel about you and if it does maybe they are not the right person for you.

Personally, I can't see any reason why a hair transplant would come up in a conversation unless you'd had a procedure carried out by a hack.

I mean, would she tell you if she'd had, say, an eye tuck or botox?

In any case, if you did decide to tell her and she had an issue with it, you'd need to be asking yourself if she's the sort of women you'd want to go much further than a shag with anyway.

I recall being very anxious about telling my other half. I remember saying I had something to tell her, and she got all worried and when I said she wasn't bothered at all. She thought I was gonna say something terrible. I guess it's more down to who the girl/boy is. If they're bothered, they aren't worth it!!

The time to tell them is on your 10/20th wedding anniversary when you're contemplating that second session.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

These were all excellent responses. Thank you so much!! You've all given me some good stuff to think about.. I'll report back later.. I have a date tonight and feel a little more comfortable in my skin after reading your responses.. much appreciated :)

My regimen includes:

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

I agree with the responses that side with not disclosing during casual dating phases (hsrp, rootz, dr charles, coutin, rollo, etc., thanks guys).

Historically, I've been too honest with women, too a disadvantage (this is what my friends tell me) and now I realize there is no reason to volunteer such information (that I've had HT). The dating game out there is pretty vicious already .. many people don't even disclose their honest intentions.. this sex & the city generation has women taking revenge for all the guys that hurt them and there are many playerettes out there..

Ya, I see no reason to bring this up during the casual dating phase. Just don't!

Like hsrp said, it is something to talk about with the person you intend to marry..

I did have a (1st) date last night, and the thought of talking about HT did not even enter my mind.. it was cool because I had read all your responses before going to the date and during the date I was quite comfortable in my own skin; I think about what insecurities the girl has, and it is kind of cool to realize that women have so many of their own insecurities that a simple HT for a guy is probably not a big deal.. Great perspective!

Since21, regarding the girls you've been keeping at bay while you go through your HT procedure.. my guess would be that once you meet up with them again, they will feel that you look good/younger/more attractive (due to a combination of hair and added confidence) but probably will not poinpoint that you have "more hair" or that you have had a procedure.. this is just a guess.. I had those reactions from ladies and it was interesting beause: to me, it was so obvious that I had hair where there was none before.. to the girls, they couldn't put their finger on what was different about me.

Regarding the question posed by nick72, : would you want a girl to tell you if she had got a HT? Would it change the way you felt about her?

Good question. I have met a girl that had a HT.

Last October I volunteered to be a Live Patient for Dr. Mohebi at the ISHRS 2013 conference in San Francisco. There was a female Live Patient for another doctor who had very good HT results (compared to her BEFORE pictures which were posted on the whiteboard next to her seat).

She was actually quite attractive.-- and I was avoiding talking to her because of my own insecurities. My BEFORE pictures were posted next to my seat, and I did not want an attractive woman to see those and associate them with me! I had never told an attractive woman that I had gotten an HT procedure and this would be the first!)

Anyway, I finally did meet her and it was altogether a very weird interaction.. we both seemed quite uncomfortable talking to each other (with our BEFORE pictures posted next to each of our seats).

I am curious how you guys feel about nick's question:

would you want a girl to tell you if she had got a HT? Would it change the way you felt about her?

My regimen includes: