DR Rahal FUE

i would like to know peoples thoughts on dr rahal's fue work. some seem to think his fue is not great and keep referring to the same 2 fue patients, sean and sugar, whom i have reviewed their results and both seem decent to me. at least far from a failure in my opinion.

i would like to know if there are any other failed dr rahal fue results as well as would like to hear about successful rahal fue results.

I think he is an excellent doctor. I also agree that for 8 bucks a graft is a lot.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Matt, these are prime examples as to why I am putting Dr. Rahal on the top of my list for my next procedure. Very impressive results, although I may opt for strip surgery due to cost efficiency.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

I can echo the praise of Dr. Rahal's FUE work.....as I saw 2 different patients on the day of my procedure who had FUE done with him, and who came in for post-op visits several months after their procedures. The results were AMAZING, and you would have never guessed these gentleman had a restoration procedure. Matt is also another great example of an amazing transformation......NW 2 or not!!! I would certainly trust (and endorse) Dr. Rahal for an FUE procedure, but due to financial implications personally opted to go strip. Nick, feel free to have a look at my before and after photos in my profile....as I had my strip done with Dr. Rahal last November. If you don't mind a scar (which you can't even see on me anymore....even at a 4 guard on some clippers), Dr. Rahal's FUT is a bargain, given his skill and artistic ability with designing hairlines and dense-packing!!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

I can echo the praise of Dr. Rahal's FUE work.....as I saw 2 different patients on the day of my procedure who had FUE done with him, and who came in for post-op visits several months after their procedures. The results were AMAZING, and you would have never guessed these gentleman had a restoration procedure. Matt is also another great example of an amazing transformation......NW 2 or not!!! I would certainly trust (and endorse) Dr. Rahal for an FUE procedure, but due to financial implications personally opted to go strip. Nick, feel free to have a look at my before and after photos in my profile....as I had my strip done with Dr. Rahal last November. If you don't mind a scar (which you can't even see on me anymore....even at a 4 guard on some clippers), Dr. Rahal's FUT is a bargain, given his skill and artistic ability with designing hairlines and dense-packing!!

I've already seen quite a bit of your photos, and they are very impressive. I notice in your most recent photos that you still have areas of thinning in the back, is that post-op progression, shock loss, or was it just always quite thin? Do you use concealers to mask it, or are you going to address that for future transplants?

Your hairline is incredible and densely packed. I am very impressed with his work. As far as the scar, I really like the scars left from the very good doctors; hardly any scar is left. As for myself, I had a transplant with Paul Shapiro about a month and a few days ago; albeit not as many grafts transplanted as yours, thus my results may not be as phenomenal as yours. However, I did have a large amount of three hair grafts, so hopefully that does well for my density.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

*74 quadruples.

Non-Surgical Treatments:

Awesome Nick. Congrats on your procedure with Dr. Shapiro. I'm a HUGE fan of SMG and their work. Janna is terrific as well!! My hair has always been thin back there (well, since I started losing my hair anyway), and if anything, things are thickening up a bit with my daily use of Rogaine. With that said, it was evident from even before my first restoration, that I would need a second at some point.....so Dr. Rahal advised we'd address that and my mid-scalp during my second procedure; at which time we'd finish everything up properly. The purpose of my first procedure was strictly to create a hairline that framed my face, and to give me some of the hair back that I had lost in my crown. I have used zero product/concealer to mask my hair in any way....in the photos I post, or when I go out (although I did buy a bottle of Toppik and of Couvre....neither of which I have even opened). In all honesty......nobody really sees my head from the angles as they are in my photos(I just include these angles in my photos to be upfront and honest to the forum members here about my state of hair loss). The hair that Dr Rahal placed in my first procedure, accomplished what it was supposed to. It gave me a very natural and age-appropriate hairline back, and allowed me to gain some self-confidence back. With that said, I can't wait to go for round 2 to really have a knock-out result!!! =)

Congrats again on your procedure. You went to one of the very best today.....and you will be over the moon when it all begins to come in over the next couple of months. Speaking as someone else who had a high amount of 3's in my mix.....those grafts will make a huge difference in helping with your density!

Happy growing buddy, and I'll look forward to following your progress along the way.

Best,

Mike

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

I have say, I don't see significant thinness when I look at your crown AE. Maybe a little but you are only at 7 months and it will get 40% better I suspect. Maybe its all about expectations but I would kill for a crown like yours even at month 7.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Thanks Can't! Haha, you'll have a crown much better than mine in just a few short months....Exciting!!! To be honest with you, I'm not at all hung-up or disappointed with my crown. It doesn't even bother me at all like it did pre-op. I realize this part of my head takes so much longer to grow with transplanted grafts than anywhere else....and the difference already is amazing! If it stopped growing in the crown now, I'd be totally happy that the grafts that were placed there made such a cosmetic difference, however I realize (especially in the crown) that I haven't even begun to see final results yet!! The only areas I'm disappointed and that still even bother me a little, are my mid-scalp....and the sides of my head (I guess the extended areas of my crown where it starts to fade to my sides). These areas are thin....but were also never touched during my first procedure. It was agreed that I would have these areas addressed with my second......so when I do get them done....I will be ONE HAPPY MAN!! =)

Mike,

Could you please tell us what our donor density is and how much he estimated that you had to give? Already, you had nearly 5,000 grafts transplanted. That is approaching how much the average donor area gives. You seem to be talking as though you have another 5,000 round coming your with no problems.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

*74 quadruples.

Non-Surgical Treatments:

Nick-

My pleasure buddy, and hopefully I can clarify. In terms of my donor density, my first transplant Dr. Rahal decided to put 50cm sq in the front 1/3 of my scalp, and fade back to 40 cm sq as he approached my crown. I was told that because of my good hair characteristics (above average laxity and donor supply) that I should be able to get "a few thousand more" grafts just with strip alone....and then more with FUE if I want to go that route later. I wouldn't say 5,000 total grafts is that "average" when we consistently see the 10,000 plus single transplant results being posted on this forum constantly. I'm not saying that they are necessarily average cases....but it doesn't seem too far of a stretch for people to get 8,000-12,000 grafts over several operations. I also am lucky in that I have higher multi-hair follicles than average. I got a significant amount of 2 and 3 hair grafts.....so although my follicle/graft count was only 4737, it gave me close to 10,200 total hairs. Some of the guys on these forums have much better hair characteristics than that even!! I unfortunately have medium-coarseness, straight, and dark hair (bad contrast with the scalp) all working against me! Glad that I am able to get some extra donor from my reserves to address the items in my "against" column, at a future date in time!

Hope that answers your question adequately?

Best,

Mike

PS. I still to this day do not know the exact amount of what grafts went in my crown, and what grafts went into my temples/frontal area. I emailed the clinic earlier this morning to answer those questions for me....as I get a lot of PM's and general requests for this information....and I want to be able to give more detailed responses, instead of "that's a really good question; I don't know". I am happy to share this information with you and the other members of this forum, just as soon as I receive a response from Dr. Rahal's office.

• 3 weeks later...
Dr. Rahal's FUT is a bargain, given his skill and artistic ability with designing hairlines and dense-packing!!

I'd advise against dense packing...You want some FU that actually survive!

I don't know why you'd advise against dense packing. Making an arbitrary statement like 'you want some FU to survive' is complete nonsense. MOST doctors don't have proper technique to dense pack and risk transaction of existing grafts. However, I believe Dd. Rahals unique technique helps to minimize this and their graft solution increases survival rate.

I personally had about a 2k FUE with Dr. Rahal.

I don't know why you'd advise against dense packing. Making an arbitrary statement like 'you want some FU to survive' is complete nonsense. MOST doctors don't have proper technique to dense pack and risk transaction of existing grafts. However, I believe Dd. Rahals unique technique helps to minimize this and their graft solution increases survival rate.

I personally had about a 2k FUE with Dr. Rahal.

Extreme dense packing increases the chances of a compromised blood supply to those grafts, which increases the chances of a lower general yield. Other doctors who get bad yield who don't dense pack could be due to a variety of factors like poor handling of the grafts, transection, grafts being out of the body for too long, etc.

What solution does Dr Rahal use to hold the grafts? As far as I'm aware it was saline solution which is the basic standard for most clinics but I could be wrong.

They don't say exactly but dr. Rahal I believe adds growth factors of some sort sort (acell or peptides perhaps - but I speculate here) that increases survival rate. You'll also note that they routinely get early growth. I'm 2 months out and have many grafts that are already growing and many more sprouting. Also tumescence which I believe most docs don't use to place grafts. This actually safe guards the delicate blood supply below the skin and minimizes any trauma to that blood supply while placing those grafts. Having grafts close together does necessarily compromise blood supply its the trauma inflicted to those micro vessels during the procedure. By eliminating the trauma you can ensure better survival rate.

I met in person a 2k FUE graft patient who was a NW3 prior and I'm critical as hell with a trained eye due to my work and this was in an office with high hats and it looked damn good to me. He did have ideal skin to hair contrast but still. It was nice and thick.

I met in person a 2k FUE graft patient who was a NW3 prior and I'm critical as hell with a trained eye due to my work and this was in an office with high hats and it looked damn good to me. He did have ideal skin to hair contrast but still. It was nice and thick.

That's all sweet. I just saw a correlation between Rahal's penchant for dense packing and unsuccessful FUE results and became weary. But that's just my sentiments.