DR Rahal FUE

Personally I don't think there is a correlation. I know people refer to sugar and Sean as less then stellar which they are but they are not failed in my opinion. All docs will have a small percent of cases like that even if they execute perfectly. Rahal dense packs FUT with great results over and over. I do realize the grafts undergo lots more stress from extraction via FUE and so I've no doubt that it likely does yield less all things being equal but nothing more then a few percent perhaps. This cosmetic procedure is in a league all it's own. It's not so cut and dry as other procedures. We will see how I develops in the coming months and I will update you all with my FUE progress.

Also, if the thory that the yield is less when you dense pack due to compromised blood supply it would occur with FUT also. If anything it has more to do with graft trauma.

Edited by canuhairme
Add info

Personally I don't think there is a correlation. I know people refer to sugar and Sean as less then stellar which they are but they are not failed in my opinion. All docs will have a small percent of cases like that even if they execute perfectly. Rahal dense packs FUT with great results over and over. I do realize the grafts undergo lots more stress from extraction via FUE and so I've no doubt that it likely does yield less all things being equal but nothing more then a few percent perhaps. This cosmetic procedure is in a league all it's own. It's not so cut and dry as other procedures. We will see how I develops in the coming months and I will update you all with my FUE progress.

Also, if the thory that the yield is less when you dense pack due to compromised blood supply it would occur with FUT also. If anything it has more to do with graft trauma.

FUT grafts contain more protective tissue around them. But dense packing in general can(not 100%) lead to graft failure. Something like 70 grafts per cm/2 has less chance of successful yield compared to a safer 50 grafts per cm/2.

Please keep us updated on your progress. I'm sure it will be a pleasant result.