Vito C. Quatela, MD-2,988 graft FUT on 59-year-old patient

This 59- year- old patient came to us seeking a hair transplant. His primary concern was to improve the thinning on the top of his head while lowering the hairline and improving the look of existing old style grafts. The donor site yielded 2,988 grafts of which 1,193 were single hair grafts, 1,500 were two hair grafts and 295 were three hair grafts. Some of the existing grafts in the frontal area were removed and the hairs were prepared for use as micro-follicular units. The team used the one hair grafts around the hairline followed by two and three hair grafts in the forelock to create more density in this area. We used the stick and place method to achieve these results using 19 and 20 gauge needles. The patient was very pleased with his results and will be returning for removal of additional old grafts and to focus on the crown.

5b32d838544f4_HTNApr2013frontba.jpg.7aabe380fbff3ffaf3e0c63d765c1595.jpg

HTNApr2013Lbefore.gif.b0bbb2da303428ffa1d0444e53d53044.gif

HTNApr2013Lafter.gif.f2269d1e11df85c72b2bb887abd8686e.gif

HANApr2013topbefore.gif.7328ab7b9dda7e60b8358423db63a142.gif

HTNApr2013topafter.gif.7160e532090df3478a87b42440327c92.gif

5b32d838e6610_HTNApr013Rbeforeafter.gif.1c573e5bdb0c36b61a35a3113b9a447c.gif

This result doesn`t amaze me, actually I feel it`s very poor for 3000 grafts, sorry. He now is dense in one section, yes, and I don`t want to offend anyone, but to me it looks awkward. Maybe it`s just the way his hair is combed on the pictures (which is another issue I would like to point out, because it doesn`t show the hairline at all), but I don`t see a remarkable aesthetic improvement here.

• 1 year later...

At the Quatela Center for Hair Restoration, we stand behind our results with complete confidence that they are accurately reported and have fulfilled each patient’s individual expectations based on the patient/doctor goals discussed at the consultation. It is our priority to ensure patient satisfaction. We encourage you to visit our comprehensive hair restoration gallery to view our other results and see why so many patients trust the Quatela Center for their hair restoration procedures.

You made the same copy/paste response as your other post:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171540-vito-c-quatela-md-46-year-old-male-2-829-graft-fut.html

Again, where is the patient satisfaction coming from ??

This board demands much better results and higher standards from a recommended surgeon.

This guy used a precious 3,000 grafts and is still forced to wear a comb over.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

We encourage you to contact our office if you have additional questions about this patient's procedure and result. Our Hair Team Manager would be happy to speak with you about what the patient was looking for and if there are any additional before and after photos of this particular patient. Thank you.

We encourage you to contact our office if you have additional questions about this patient's procedure and result. Our Hair Team Manager would be happy to speak with you about what the patient was looking for and if there are any additional before and after photos of this particular patient. Thank you.

The result looks poor for 3000 grafts. Specifically, he didn't get a whole lot more surface area and what he did get the density seems lacking.

The pictures could also show a lot more. He's sporting a combover from right to left in all the pictures. Combovers are used to hide bald spots, obviously not ideal for showcasing a result. The third pic also shows the hair combed forward across the entire hairline, blocking it. Not very useful.

If this patient really is "very pleased" with the result, I think that is unfortunate... unless he was specifically looking for a result involving 3000 grafts that looked more like 1000. In which case, mission accomplished... I guess?

This is joke? Unbelievable that the doctor believes his work is up to current standards.

Doctor, 25 years ago your results may have been regarded to be acceptable but unfortunately HT has progressed and you've been sadly overtaken by much (i emphasise much) more skilled doctors.

This is a a sad sorry case.

I'm sorry, but I'm confused by these photos. Are these the 'before' photos prior to the HT? If so, then it would be worth posting the pre procedure pics with new hairline marked out & finally 'after surgery' photos so that members have a fuller overall idea of the work that has been completed.

Thank you.

I am very shocked that a 'leading' hair restoration clinic would post such an example for their promotion.Both ironically and fortunately for this forum patients are now fully aware of a standard hair transplant surgery outcome.The result shown here is unacceptably poor.

As underwhelming as these results appear to be, I feel bad criticising the clinic in an open forum. However, I hope Bill carefully reconsiders whether it is in the interests of patients to continue recommending this clinic, as the results that have been published are perhaps not up to the high standards we have come to expect from surgeons recommended on the hair transplant network.

I 'really' feel for the gentleman who went through this procedure. I can only 'imagine' how he must feel. As for the clinic, what on earth were they 'thinking' when they posted this on a public forum?

I 'really' feel for the gentleman who went through this procedure. I can only 'imagine' how he must feel. As for the clinic, what on earth were they 'thinking' when they posted this on a public forum?

This.

Don't feel bad for calling out a clinic for bad work.

Frankly, I expect this clinic to be bounced out of the network within a month.

They've basically used 3,000 grafts to create a bloody comb over

Didn't someone on the board mention recently that Dr. Rassman is also basically retired? What's the situation with his recommendation?

Didn't someone on the board mention recently that Dr. Rassman is also basically retired? What's the situation with his recommendation?

Rassman is no longer recommended here...

This doesn't look like a natural result. One must keep in mind that people also view us from other angles. While some men do maintain some hair in the frontal zone, this particular result is unacceptable in regards to naturalness. I feel that it may be in the best interest of members to at least consider whether this clinic should continue to be recommended.

Also, the d's copy and paste response to our inquiries is just unacceptable. I feel that we should petition for a revote in regards to this doctor's membership.

Edited by delancey

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.