4,000 grafts :( Expert is NEEDED !

Miizoo

Hello everyone ,

Based on my previous research and having some online consultation with random doctors and clinics around the world, I found out that I need something like 4,000 grafts

I am only thinking about FUE method but very very CONFUSED where to go , I had many offers from many doctors and hospitals but still can not decide , an ethical and professional surgeon is needed

transssmed are calling every day and assmedd also ( both in turkey ) , some people suggested dr batra ( bpefectt india ) and others told me to go for doctors in turkey ( esker and hakan and others )

Money is not my biggest issue right now , I really need some help/opinion/tips ??

I uploaded a picture in case someone is curious :)

thanks in advance

IMG-20130114-WA0003.jpg.ad1ebf629a06c6f478292311c4c7a14d.jpg

Avoid Transmed and Assmed in Turkey. I've not heard great things about them.

Can't comment on the other one though.

Regards

Rob

Asmed is ran by Dr. Erdogan who does great quality FUE work. Even Dr. Lorenzo has spoken very highly of his one-step FUE technique and says his work is amazing. I certainly would not rule out Erdogan at all, he achieves great coverage for high Norwood cases via FUE alone.

Unless you really want to have the option of close cropped hair then you should really consider FUT. Hasson & Wong and Rahal the obvious choices for big sessions.

FUE in Europe I only know about Feriduni and Bisanga for big FUE work.

Lorenzo has some great results. The Turkey boys I know little about as that part of the world is not somewhere I'm considering.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Mickey 85,

When did lorenzo make this claim, not disputing it.

Im looking to have FUE done in Turkey and impressed by hes results.

Regards

via email to me about a month ago :) lorenzo has also showcasing an fue workshop for those interested in fue mid year along with feriduni, erdogan and devroye. he talks about it on his youtube channel. erdogan basically created the one step fue technique.

How old are you?

Are you on Meds (fin/minox)?

What are you goals?

I have no idea what you donor zone looks like but if you are hoping to cover that area, front to back, your estimates are about 2000 to 3000 grafts too low to get decent coverage. 4000 would work well for the front only.

If you are not on finasteride now you should SERIOUSLY consider it as you will only continue to lose more hair without and then that is when you start to fully realize what "limited donor" truly means.

Seeing pics of your donor zone would be helpful as well.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I too would like to know your age. Your current degree of hair loss really concerns me as well as your donor supply. Don't give into sales pressure from any clinic. It should tell you something if they're hounding you.

I had 5000 done with Dr De Reys in Belgium.

Here's my journal:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/165487-5000-fue-dr-de-reys.html

Good luck!

Will

This.

The OP has stated he is only looking at FUE. Why try and sway him the other way? Because he needs alot of grafts? That's the reason to go for a more invasive procedure? Not referring to Jotronic as Joe never brought up a specific procedure but some of the others in this thread. The OP has specifically stated he doesn't want FUT. Sure maybe the yield is better in most cases, but complications that can occur might be enough to have put him off it.

Edited by Mickey85

I think william was recommending FUE to him Mickey cos he had 5000 grafts with Dr Reys.

You misread champ. I said "This" as in I agree with William38 :)

lol sorry mate, im a bit simple ! Teach me to stick me beak in

No worries :)

If the OP never mentioned he only wanted FUE, then it would be fairplay, recommend FUT all you like. However he intentionally stated he did not want FUT. He lives in a country(Turkey) where big FUE sessions are performed constantly by the likes of Hakan, Erdogan etc. It is a different market there compared to the west.

..... do fut.... play it safe

Yeah.. a massive strip scar will suit you!!

Seriously, the guy wants FUE...why try talking him into getting a strip scar? Surely, with that degree of loss, a short option or a full retreat should be an option you wanna keep. Even SMP, as it improves could supplement it.

And do seek out medications if you haven't already.

Scar5 in a thread talking ill of FUT. Why am I not falling off my chair in surprise at such a rare event?

To the OP, consult with lots of top doctors and go with who you like best. And I agree with Scar5, get on the medications.....they can really help.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Scar5 in a thread talking ill of FUT. Why am I not falling off my chair in surprise at such a rare event?

To the OP, consult with lots of top doctors and go with who you like best. And I agree with Scar5, get on the medications.....they can really help.

the op specifically stated he only wants fue and yet others are pushing for fut. If you make a thread asking what tomatoes are good to buy and others are saying bananas are better, how is that helpful? I know it's not a perfect comparison but the OP is clearly set on FUE.

Edited by Mickey85

No-ones really "pushing" for anything, it makes no difference to anyone what the poster wants. People are merely offering points of view and suggesting he consider options. Just because your heart is set on something doesn't mean it is the correct way and only way to go.

The 'debate' doesn't interest me, just thought I'd point out the predictability of Scar5 conveying his dislike of FUT in another thread. I suppose it's good for the researchers to see all the differing views though.

Edited by TommyLucchese

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

If you are already in Turkey then it's a no-brainer!

Stay in Turkey for your FUE procedure (you'll struggle to find many surgeons still doing FUT in Turkey anyway) and go to a team who have great results.

You are already in the place that offers cutting edge FUE at excellent prices.

The company I used regularly do 4,000+ grafts but said that they limit it to 5,000 in one session due to excessive trauma to the scalp.

If you need any info on FUE in Istanbul, feel free to give me a shout.

Regards

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Rob why aren't the Turks allowed to post results online?

No-ones really "pushing" for anything, it makes no difference to anyone what the poster wants. People are merely offering points of view and suggesting he consider options. Just because your heart is set on something doesn't mean it is the correct way and only way to go.

The 'debate' doesn't interest me, just thought I'd point out the predictability of Scar5 conveying his dislike of FUT in another thread. I suppose it's good for the researchers to see all the differing views though.

Doesn't mean it is the only and correct way to go, I understand that part. But again, how is it helpful to the OP if he strictly wants FUE only? Scar5 has had MANY strip sessions and whilst that doesn't make him the end all, be all, his advice is invaluable. He has had it all, FUE, FUT, SMP etc and is unbiased as he is not a consultant to any doctor.

Hi Tommy,

When I asked, I was told it's government legislation, to make sure people speak to the surgeons and patients themselves. It's also to stop other companies around the world using published pictures to promote their procedures.

Regards

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul