Dr. Lindsey, care to share a picture of your shaved head?

BALDIE42

Baldie,

Dr. Lindsey did not have a hair transplant. He has a full head of hair. He shaved his head to ease the alienation his 8 year old daughter may feel due to her own hair loss as a result of chemotherapy for a brain tumor. A more conspicuous and tangible act of affection by a father for a daughter would be hard to come by.

Dr. F

Thanks Dr Feller it was just the way another poster had wrote it,which made me think he had.

Do you have an opinion on shaved heads after transplant.Some of us can just accept a good shadow look,instead of full head of hair.

Thanks in advance

Most doctors have not had HT's. I often wonder how many of them would allow to themselves what they do to others? I guarantee alot of the 90's era doctors would never have allowed anyone to do anything similar to them what they did to others.

I hope Dr. Lindsey's daughter is doing better, no child should have to endure cancer. At least she has her dad going the distance with her. Thats gotta help.

I agree that most dr's would not get a hair transplant. One of the most recommended doctors "dr berstein" is bald for heavens sake! In I'm not making fun of his appearance, he looks fine its just ironic that a hair transplant dr. Is bald. When I had my first ht dr Armani told me he had a one done. I can't confirm if this was a lie (wouldnt surprise me) but if he did it was very minor temple fill in on a slightly mature hairline.

Baldie,

If you mean a shaved head after an HT has grown in I think it is an excellent idea for some. Of course this wasn't possible years ago before true follicular units in a dense pack were utilized, but it has since become commonplace in a few clinics. Many of my FUE patients are fans of shaving their head and just look to the FUE to fill in gaps, missing hairlines, etc...

Doing one right now as a matter of fact on an Irish patient.

Dr. F

Dr Feller, do you have any pics of grown out FUE patients who have shaved their heads, as this is an option I have considered.

I guess, it would allow less grafts to be used but still give the 'Shadow'that BALDIE mentioned.

Thanks.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Dr Feller, do you have any pics of grown out FUE patients who have shaved their heads

I'm interested in this too. I've had and impression that even FUE leaves scarring which can be noticed. Since I'm NW5 heading to NW6, would it be possible to sport a shadow look with less grafts, as splitting hairs mentioned?

Dr. Lindsey

As a cancer survivor myself, I hope your daughter is doing well, and I know that the look and happiness on her face after you shaved your head would have been indescribable.

As far as the other topic, anytime you cut the skin there is a scar, now with HT's the instruments are very small, but with 3-4000 closely packed tiny scars it will be noticeable.

Does anybody have any FUE donor site pics shaved or buzzed more than 6 months post op. I would really like to see them because now I am leaning towards FUE over FUT.

I plan on sporting the buzzed looked and am hoping to get decent results with FUE so that I can sport an optical hair shadow ; )

Now I have errant strands wildly havin a party on the front of my head (what is left!). People keep telling me " your hair is sticking straight up" and I tell them " I know, that's the only thing it does do!". Buzzing down now would be freeing, but to revealing too.

I'll do better than just a pic of me with a shaved head...Here is a pic of me with a mohawk that I did to get a laugh out of my kids a few weeks ago.

Julia is back in for more chemo today, now over half done.

She skied around 20 runs in Utah last week; is now doing sets of 30 squats with a backpack containing a 10 pound weight, and 2 sets of 20 pushups(real man pushups that is) along with arc training; all 5 times a week.

I couldn't find a shaved head pic just now. But its better than the mohawk.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

juliaanddad.jpg.f6f76a265d9529f054b403018ba40afb.jpg

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dare I say it, the mohawk looks good on you Dr. Lindsey! Great to hear your daughter is responding well to her treatment and hasn't let it get in the way of enjoying her life. She sounds like an inspirational person.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Dr Lindsey,

Julia, is a lucky girl to have such a caring father.

I hope and pray for the best for you and your family.

Julia must be quite the fighter!

I hope 2010 is the year that her treatments come to an end and she lives the life of every other little girl.

God Bless you.

Johnny4hair

Thanks for all of your all's support. She is a fighter, had no nausea from this session of chemo. She has a small treatment today and next week; then only 4 more big treatments til finished in June.

Julia is now arc training with my settings, resistance of 40, full incline of 10, and she sets it for a weight of 150, even though she weighs 53#; for 12 minutes to start her workout.

WHL

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians