Top 5 fue surgeons?

mb30

Sparky,

I think Dr. Lorenzo does use the Choi Implanter. However, as far as I can tell, he uses it in a very unique way and it works well for him.

Blake,

This is off topic from the "Top 5 fue surgeons" but since it's here, I have to ask..... what do you mean by using the implanter in a unique way? Can you clarify?

Blake,

This is off topic from the "Top 5 fue surgeons" but since it's here, I have to ask..... what do you mean by using the implanter in a unique way? Can you clarify?

Hi Janna,

To be 100% honest, this is information I'm simply sharing from what other members have said on the forums.

I've read about the Choi implanter pen in the past, and from what I can tell (and others have shared), he uses it "differently."

While I don't think he technically uses the device in a manner in which other surgeons don't, he is achieving high yield FUE with a tool most seem to have dismissed.

I suppose "different" or unique may not be the best terms, but I think I was simply trying to explain his apparent success with using an older tool most have abandoned.

I'm not trying to say it's innovative or anything else, but I've simply heard his use of the pen is "different."

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

but the work of his I've seen is beautiful and extremely impressive. He performs multi-day FUE sessions, taking a maximum of 700 grafts per day. I do hope that his clinic and patients start posting here more.

Pup,

At one point in time, we did consider recommending Dr. Keser. We were impressed with his results and even worked through quite a bit of the actual recommendation process. However, in the end, he failed to address a few crucial concerns and we were unable to move forward.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Future-HT-Doc.... How about Dr. Bisanga? Was he considered to be recommended? What happened? Im just curious to know.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

ive read here before this site extended the invitation to Bisanga a couple of times which he did not follow up. His reps seem to be active on another well known forum who list a whole lot of his results.

He probably does not deem it necessary.

He really should be recommended here though as his FUE work is world class.

Thanks Bobilero, you may know better as you are an older member than me. I really hope this network recommend real FUE surgeons beside Dr. Umar. Now that Keser is rejected,and Bisanga not interested, I hope Lorenzo respond and considered. Although I'm a strip surgeon because I was cut already, I still believe that FUE is the next big thing. Once its done, there are no fears of quitting sessions and shave up. Personally I only trust IAHRS and HTN recommendations because they would be your advocate if anything goes wrong.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Thanks Bobilero, you may know better as you are an older member than me. I really hope this network recommend real FUE surgeons beside Dr. Umar. Now that Keser is rejected,and Bisanga not interested, I hope Lorenzo respond and considered. Although I'm a strip surgeon because I was cut already, I still believe that FUE is the next big thing. Once its done, there are no fears of quitting sessions and shave up. Personally I only trust IAHRS and HTN recommendations because they would be your advocate if anything goes wrong.

FUE is great, even for larger sessions. Only downside is most clinics only do 3,000 grafts maximum per patient. So a NW 6 or 7 would have to do 3 sessions spaced one year apart each, meaning 2 years(3 for the full result). H&W can do a 9,000 graft session in one day and restore the patient to a very respectable level with only one downtime period. Although FUE would be a bit easier post-op, the patient still has to deal with the ugly duckling stage AND possible shockloss to the donor and recipient. Also the cost...

However, I too hope Lorenzo jumps on board on this fine forum. I really think he obtains the best yield out of FUE and is daring in that he accepts NW5's and 6's. Hell I've even seen some NW7 results from him that look very good. He really believes in the full potential for FUE to be a standalone procedure, not just an adjunct or as an additional method to supplement strip. The fact that he shuns not only the ARTAS system AND motorized punches is great too. The evidence of yield is in his videos.

Pup,

At one point in time, we did consider recommending Dr. Keser. We were impressed with his results and even worked through quite a bit of the actual recommendation process. However, in the end, he failed to address a few crucial concerns and we were unable to move forward.

Ah! I wasn't aware of that. Would you mind sending me a private message for my own, confidential use, letting me know what concerns were not addressed?

Are there any pictures of a donor area with that many fue grafts(approx 9000) taken from it?

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

FUE is great, even for larger sessions. Only downside is most clinics only do 3,000 grafts maximum per patient. So a NW 6 or 7 would have to do 3 sessions spaced one year apart each, meaning 2 years(3 for the full result). H&W can do a 9,000 graft session in one day and restore the patient to a very respectable level with only one downtime period. Although FUE would be a bit easier post-op, the patient still has to deal with the ugly duckling stage AND possible shockloss to the donor and recipient. Also the cost...

QUOTE]

H & W can do 9000 in a go because its strip and you cant really compare FUE sized sessions to mega strip sessions due to the huge demand FUE sessions involve. Its unlikely that most people will be even able to get 9000 grafts out with FUE unless you have extremely dense hair, even then you have the issue of scarring.

That is true. Some people don't have enough donor hair for 9,000 grafts from FUT either but you can probably get more out of a strip procedure given equal circumstances. Lorenzo does seem to be pushing the bar in terms of big FUE sessions on high Norwood cases though. The shaved donor areas that show the scarring look pretty good even on the high end graft extractions, although maybe in person it would be a bit more dramatic. No one going through FUT or FUE would expect to shave their head with a zero guard or razor and expect a scar free scalp though(HST is still pending). Do you think with 6,000+ grafts via FUE a patient could buzz their head to a 1 guard on the clippers?

Future-HT-Doc.... How about Dr. Bisanga? Was he considered to be recommended? What happened? Im just curious to know.

We reached out to Dr. Bisanga, but never received a reply. I can't really speculate as to why. However, if he does ever decide to become more active on the forums or formally consider the recommendation process, I think we'd all welcome the involvement!

I hope Lorenzo respond and considered.

However, I too hope Lorenzo jumps on board on this fine forum.

Bill sent Dr. Lorenzo a message some time ago, but I haven't (personally) heard anything since. However, it's my understanding that he operates with a very small staff and works long hours, so maybe he will get around to responding one day? We would definitely appreciate his input on the forums, and any patients or potential patients are welcome to convey that message to his clinic.

Ah! I wasn't aware of that. Would you mind sending me a private message for my own, confidential use, letting me know what concerns were not addressed?

Sure.

• 4 weeks later...
Pup,

Hi! would you mind send me the reasons for rejecting him... unfortunately he's the best pick for me since I reside in the middle-east :/

Hi! would you mind send me the reasons for rejecting him... unfortunately he's the best pick for me since I reside in the middle-east :/

Sure.

Very hard to classify a top 5 but some of the more experienced FUE surgeons(in no order) are:

-Bisanga(Belgium)

-Feriduni(Belgium)

-Lorenzo(Spain)

-Keser(Turkey)

-Erdogan(Turkey)

The last three on the list perform FUE exclusively. I do admit that none of these doctors have a 100% success rate at FUE. I have seen average or below average results from them. The same could be said for the elite FUT doctors but to a lesser extent. I still would not be swayed to go FUT just for the yield though. With the aforementioned Doctors you should have a high chance of a great result but there are no guarantees with any hair restoration in regards to growth, yield, scarring etc.

Edited by Mickey85

Very hard to classify a top 5 but some of the more experienced FUE surgeons(in no order) are:

-Bisanga(Belgium)

-Feriduni(Belgium)

-Lorenzo(Spain)

-Keser(Turkey)

-Erdogan(Turkey)

Looks like Europe is leading the way here... surprised there is not more from the Americas or Asia.

Is that list in order?

I would not personally rank surgeons but there are a number of surgeons in North America producing consistently high levels of fue.

It must be taken into account that the major forums such as this one are predominately used by english speaking (British and American).

This group are likely to make up a smaller proportion of the patients for the surgeons in Europe and I suspect that the majority of their other european patients may use other european forums. Maybe I am wrong :)

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Looks like Europe is leading the way here... surprised there is not more from the Americas or Asia.

Is that list in order?

No particular order champ. Im very hesitant to actually recommend a specific doctor anymore. Seen enough average or below average results from all. Im convinced that no doctor can gaurantee a successful result or good scar/scarring but you have the best chance with these doctors. The US and Canada are strip orientated save for a few surgeons like Umar and Dr. C. I have conflicting opinions on why that is.

Chrisdav i factored in the North American surgeons and used to have a high opinion of their fue work but have since changed my mind on this. Too many inconsistent results. The fact that some push for strip and/or relegate fue for just hairline work further enforced my opinion.

It is just my opinion though. Based on looking at actual patient posted results on this forum and others. No clinic posts bad results but there are alot out there. There are even more that remain hidden due to patients not wanting to jeopardise their relationship with the surgeon because they need a repair or touch up. Be cautious.

Edited by Mickey85

While there are a variety of excellent FUE practitioners in Europe, I wouldn't discount FUE in North America.

If you're looking in this region, I highly recommend researching Dr. Rahal, Dr. Feller, Drs. Paul and Ron Shapiro, Dr. Umar, Dr. James Harris, and Dr. Lindsey (among others).

While there are a variety of excellent FUE practitioners in Europe, I wouldn't discount FUE in North America.

If you're looking in this region, I highly recommend researching Dr. Rahal, Dr. Feller, Drs. Paul and Ron Shapiro, Dr. Umar, Dr. James Harris, and Dr. Lindsey (among others).

:)

Everyone has their opinions champ. I respect yours.

:)

I'm just stating my opinion, like you.

Mickey that is the exactly point I am making.

I personally do not believe for one minute that the surgeons in Europe are more talented and superior to the surgeons in North America at Fue. That is rubbish. The best strip surgeons I think are more likely to have a better transition from strip to Fue.

The reason you see more variability in North American clinics is they have been posting more work over a longer period of time and have actual REAL people posting their progress and testimonies. The more testimonies that are found, this ultimately gives a larger sample and a better real indication of the surgeons total work, not just by picking and choosing the best results.

Two of the clinics you have named I could probably count the amount of testimonies they have posted on the British/American orientated forums on one hand. And the reason for that is, the majority of the patients that go to their clinics are not on the British/American forums as they are european and do not speak/write english.

Edited by chrisdav

Of course, but I've been looking at foreign forums where their work is featured in much larger quantities. It's all just my opinion anyway, it's not gospel :)

I understand that Mickey and I do agree that they have larger quantities of fue posted.

I personally do not know a lot about Erdogan(Turkey) but he has a lot of work posted on another forum.