ALL DONE! Dr. Rahal- 4,600 GRAFTS!!!

Capelli11

Hey Everyone,

First off...I am excited I am finally able to post on this forum category for HT patients!!!

Well I finally am done with my first HT...as many of you have been following...I was scheduled for approx. 3k grafts FUT with Dr. Rahal. I will go into more details perhaps tomorrow as I am shot from such a long day...got in at 9:30 am and finished around 8 pm! But basically as the doctor and I were plotting my hairline design and we realized that we needed to cover approx. 90 cm's...so when you do the math at around say an avg of 50 FU per sq cm...you get around 4,500 grafts...so we agreed on 4,200 grafts as I told him I wanted to get it all or as much of my head covered in this procedure as my hair really does receed into my mid scalp somewhat. But when we were done it ended up with 4,600 grafts!!!

Pain is starting to set in now...but I will fill everyone in hopefully tomorrow but all in all it went great...Dr. Rahal is a master as his craft to say the least! Pictures to also follow!

Kick ass. Can't wait to see the pics! Bring 'em on!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Capelli,

Thanks great news! I'll be waiting along with everyone else to see those post-op pics.

Rest and grow well!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Congrats Capelli,

I admire your commitment to this forum. You still had the energy and drive after such a long HT session to send in a post. I admit that after my own HT with Rahal, opening up my PC was the last thing on my mind. I just wanted to have some dinner, take a percoret and go to sleep !.

Definitely look forward to seeing your pics.

That does sound like quite a lot for your level of loss. You weren't even playin were you?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

No photos...you tease! Sounds like everything exceeded your expectations so far Capelli. Congrats! Now heal and grow well.

Newhair, As I've been preaching lately, don't get too caught up in graft counts as they can be deceptive. Trust your doctor-- he knows what he's doing.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Congrats. Happy for you. You have a good amount of native hair in the front and midscalp so 4600 is going to be a monster result.

Sit back and enjoy the ride.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Knowing what I know about Capelli I'm sure he's still locked in front of the washroom mirror at the hotel admiring his newly planted grafts, lol! Congratulations, Capelli. I'm happy for you. This is an exciting time!

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians