American crew defining paste or fiber?

Do you guys prefer American crew defining paste or fiber? The defining paste is medium hold low shine and the fiber is high hold low shine. Which do you guys think is better for transplanted hair? Good hold is important to me.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Although it's pricey the Fiber is a really good product and it's in my arsenal.

newhair, Once you get your hair back you'll know exactly what we're talking about...they are styling products from American Crew.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I can't wait to start using American Crew Products. I stopped using them after 2001 when I noticed hairloss and then purchased tons of shampoos claiming to work for hair loss. Just a few more months and i'll be able to use the products again. I haven't used the defining paste or fiber but I would really like to use it. I am reading about it and it seems very interesting. There are a lot of good reviews about it. Not a bad price either.

I'd go with high hold and low shine though. I have used other products and found medium hold not to be too friendly with windy days. It may be different with this product. High hold and low shine really works good with short messy styles.

I have started using American Crew Fiber after trying some volumizing hair creams following my transplant and I find AC Fiber works the best and gives my hair more volume and texture making it seem thick. Also, it can be re-styled thru the day as it does not harden and has natural matte finish.

Montreal - Your posts are very strange. Are you seriously this clueless or just bitter? The products we are talking about are standard hair care styling products that even people with full heads of hair use.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I've been using the Aveda styling clay and love it. Montreal, you don't need it but after investing so much money on your hair you want it to look its best. People with full heads of hair use these products because they like it not because they need it.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Montreal, You do come across as being very bitter and doubtful of HTs, and that's a common and understandable attitude. Let me be straight up with you; HTs are not a perfect solution to hairloss. They are, as you noted, quite expensive, and they will not give you the same density you once had. That being said, they can (if done by a top doctor combined with good donor characteristics) give you a full-looking head of hair. And if products can help style it properly, and make it look denser, why not use them? As noted, even people who are not thinning use these products.

Now, back to the original topic. I have tried lots of hair products, and I find the paste works best. For one, HT hair looks much thicker when styled dry, and that's what these products are meant for. It also gives a matte finish (better for HT hair too). My two favorite pastes so far are the AC Fiber and SAMY Fat Hair paste.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

why you need that? you meen to tell after paying 20 000$ your HT hair is no even good enought,I guess HT hair looks weak and lack of density..

Montreal

You don't seem to realize that a hair transplant is optional..you DO NOT HAVE to pay 20000 dollars for a procedure. It is a choice. If you want a full head of hair, then you need to wait for a cure because you will not get it from a HT. It can make a big cosmetic difference, but it will not be like the hair you had when you were a teenager.

Again, its your choice.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Montreal is a straight legend he makes me wanna hang my self every time lol so depresssing ha ha ha.

I use american crew fibre have done for years it's really good if you rub it for a few seconds in your hands till it goes off it makes the hold stronger like glue which keeps my curls straight or i can put it straight on and go with the curl.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk