Dr. Parsley- 3000 grafts on a NW6 male

Dr. Parsley,

This is a perfect example of a "wow" result. Excellent work! Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

This is a great result. However, I do not think this patient started as a NW 6. His laterals did not drop nearly far enough. He is a NW 5A at best. I think this an important point because many, like azaz above get the idea that you can get good density and full coverage with 3k grafts. That is not possible with 3k on a NW 6.

Again, this is a great result and even on a NW 5A, this is a spectacular result but he is not a 6 and thus not as much area to cover.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I really don't get this.

Some people don't get this result even with the twice of the graft number! Can someone please enlighten me on this?

This is indeed a great result. But also consider the hairstyle. It is grown out long and combed to the side. This is a layering effect which effectively creates the illusion of much greater density. Also, the patient is using some of his native hair from the lateral humps in combing it to the side. Not saying these pictures are dishonest or that it is a comb over - but the patient is wearing his transplanted hair in the best possible way to achieve the fullest density.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Yes.....this is a result that is transformational for him.....agree the style he uses helps, but at the end of the day he has achieved the look of a fairly full head of hair with 3K grafts which is pretty amazing, given the extent of his hair loss.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I can't tell but the guy originally seemed to be doing a big comb over. The finished result seems a little comb over ish too...not saying it is but I would like to see the hair combed back to truly see the final result.

Dr Parsley,

This is typical of the work i have seen from you... an excellentstand alone result.

Aaron good point, this is the reality of surgery, giving the impression that less = more.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians