12 weeks post op... feeling upset/down

Tomorrow marks my 12 week post op, 1600 grafts (1300 3/4's 300 1/2's). Most of the 1/2's grafts on my hairline never shed and kept growing. SOme of the grafts on the top of my head never shed and feel like stubble, maybe a few have grew, thats it. Most of the pimples have cleared on their own and seem to be gone. But for the most part I am not seeing any growth, I am still getting the comments that I am going bald and I am getting thin up top, it frustrating and upsetting that I spent money on something that appears to have not really enhanced my appearance. I was looking forward to the day I could go out in public and not feel akward and not have to wear a hat. Really beginning to wonder if this HT was a success. I know I am only 3 months post op, but I am tired of looking in the mirror and seeing nothing.

12 weeks = 3 months. Most people don't even begin to show growth until 4 months, and you won't see full results for a full year. You are worrying over nothing. Did you have FUE? I ask because that is an unusually high amount of 3 and 4 hair grafts.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

It is way too early to be upset, and just like rcwest mentioned many people don't see any growth until 4 months. Wait until 6-7 months that's when people usually start to see a really noticeable change in their appearance.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Am I missing something here? You said that you're 3 months post-op and dissappointed that you're not seeing any growth, right?

Did you NOT do any research at all before undergoing your HT? Because if you had done even the minimal amount of requsite research, then you would not have created this thread. Your profile states that you've been a member of the HTN since 2008 and that you've made 36 posts. So what gives?

No offense, but all these "Two or three months post-op...no growth... is my HT a failure... please help!" threads are getting a little annoying. You should not have any growth at all yet. Anything before 4 months is considered early growth.

Do your homework and stop panicking!

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

For 3 months at least youll feel like it was all a failure as your hair will look worse than pre op,

just hang in there,

stop looking at it

at 4-6 months

POW

the little hairs will amaze you,

good luck

keep positive

bigcow

Go outside slap your self round the face and punch your self in the balls followed sharply with a loud scream then go back inside your house and tell your self you're being daft for worrying about something failing before it's even had time to start. You know full well it makes sense you've done the research you've done the math!

Think about your new future and your new life which will be with you in a few months and how you will have years to laugh at your old self and think about this moment of mental weakness! You've got to be strong my friend once your mind is broken you're nothing!!

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Hang in there Frdtrtnv8.

Just as all the others mentioned.... it really is too early. There won't be much new hair in the first 3 - 4 months. You should start to notice some of the hairs beginning to sprout soon. Then your hair should grow about 1/2 inch or 1 cm per month.

6 - 8 months post-op you should see a definite improvement but it may take up to a year to see the full effect.

I hope this helps.

Louise

Lead Hair Transplant Technician for Dr. Cam Simmons at the Seager Medical Group

Dr. Cam Simmons is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

No worries man, even us HT vets go through post-op depression. I would say most people do, just not everyone voices it. Hang in there, it will be a long road, but worth it in the end. And remember: it takes TWELVE MONTHS to see a final result!!!!!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

The ugly duckling phase is depressing, no doubt about it. Hang tough!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Frdtrtnv8,

Hang in there. Many of us have been in your shoes. You are only just entering the growth phase. The next few months will bring exciting changes.

Oh...and try to enjoy the healthy dose of tough love you were handed by some of our community members. :)

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

brotha i don't blame you because I'm only 6 weeks in and there are times that I look in the mirror and i tell my hair, "Grow dammit!!" lol!! then i tell myself to put it on the back burner because i know that i got a least another 6 months to go before i see real results. some of these guys won't admit it, but i'm sure they too had their doubts when they were at our point during the HT experience. the waiting sucks, but only time will tell how good or bad our results will turn out.

I am hanging in there guys, I really am. Trying to remain positive. I have seen a lot of growth on my hairline, some but not much on top. I have not been looking in the mirror as much. I just did now for the first time in a white, I see many fine little whispy hairs. I have really learned to be patient and not keep looking in the mirror, its hard, but its the right thing to do. Thank you all for the support.

Good lad. May the force be with you pal! Happy days are ahead.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk