Jason Gardiners Hair Transplant

ukpaitent

Gardiner is totally wearing concealer. Wearing it well I guess, but not being completely honest about his true results.

Also, $35,000 for that is ridiculous. There will be a lot of disappointed British millionaires after they realize they must cake on loads of dermmatch after a 3,000 graft procedure with Dr. Zierwig or whatever his name. Fraudulent in my opinion.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Perhaps I misheard, but did Dr. Ziering really say that the cost for the 3,500 grafts was $35,000?

Yes, you heard correctly, $10.00 per graft! That's more than straight FUE or even BH. This sounds so much like what the hair mills charge. Remember, Dr. Ziering is one of the former medical directors for Medical Hair Restoration which was officially acquired by Bosley last year.

Is Dr. Craig Ziering a recommended doctor in this community?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

You're missing the point. Had he gone on this show just to talk about his results and hts in general is one thing. But he took his doctor on the show which essentially turns it into an infomercial. He is now marketing a specific practice's results. What would you say if all ht clinics had results on their web sites with guys with concealer and did not say they had it in their hair?

I do get your point and I actually agree with it, but where we differ is in the definition of what he's done.

When HT doctors post results on their websites they are (if they're good, honest doctors) posting a range of results that demonstrate the quality of their work and what you might be able to expect from your own situation. It should be less about "promotion", in the strictest sense of the word, and more about "demonstration". Using concealers would be a false representation of the quality of the results the doctor is capable of with the resources available to him/her.

I don't doubt Gardiner appearing on the show with his doctor is a form of advertising and promotion but it differs because it's about Jason Gardiner first and promoting the hair restoration doctor in question second. Is it misleading? Yeah, probably (although I have read the doctor claim that Gardiner actually wasn't wearing concealer at the time, not that I believe it). But is it falsifying results? No, because this was not a technical demonstration of the hair transplant procedure and subsequent results. This was about Jason Gardiner's new look and the man primarily responsible for it (which is true, whatever extra he had done to it).

Look at it this way, let's say a man or woman had gone on to This Morning to show off their new look after extensive plastic surgery. They look 20 years younger, very attractive and generally it's a vast improvement. The doctor appears on the show with them to explain what they did to make the improvements. The person in question is, of course, very likely dolled up in studio make up applied by the best in the business, with any inconsistencies or blemishes neatly covered and the work made to look as flattering as possible.

The point is, This Morning is about entertainment and celebrity gossip. It's the TV equivalent of Heat magazine or gossip columns. I don't think it's particularly right but I don't think it's essentially wrong either. Jason Gardiner has gone on the show to flash his new look hair and he's giving the doctor some free promotion and publicity. It's probably a bit misleading but if that doctor can get interested men and women through the door or onto his website, it's at THAT point he's duty bound to be upfront about what they can expect and to show honest, concealer-free results and to answer their "can I look like Jason Gardiner?" questions with absolute professionalism and honesty. Everything else up until that point is just showbusiness, unfortunately.

All doctors are guilty to some degree or other of bias. Whether it's as harmless as putting their best results on the front pages of their websites or making a big fuss over the biggest and most successful procedures. Please don't get me wrong - I'm not suggesting doctors lie and/or deceive. I know there plenty of good doctors who talk very openly and honestly about everything that happens and I'm not suggesting these people are being misleading. But it's up to the patient to do their research and it's up to the doctor to be honest to each individual patient about each individual question and aspiration. But in the first instance it's important simply to be raising awareness of the leaps and bounds HTs have made as it still has the stigma of "plugs" and "doll-features" in the eyes of most people.

Ultimately I'm not suggesting it was entirely fair what he did, but I don't think it was morally wrong either. Firstly, nobody can really prove he was wearing concealer. I think it's pretty obvious he is, but that's speculation unless he comes clean about it. Secondly, he's been pretty open and honest about the whole thing, I think even if he is using concealer he's not doing it deceivingly. Gardiner may just feel him using concealer is no different to a woman using makeup to make the most of their features. I know a lot of people that would think very differently about that (myself included), but how he chooses to present himself is really his own decision and his own business.

mahong, He was there specifically touting the results of his hair transplant, not to promote his show or anything else. He had his HT doctor, not a make-over stylist on the show with him. The concealer was used to enhance the look of his hair, specifically the density of the HT, not face or body or any other features. The fact that he is a celebrity and that's it's an entertainment show does not justify false advertising.

"Secondly, he's been pretty open and honest about the whole thing..."

Well, not really. If he was being open and honest he would show what the results really look like, sans concealer....

"It's probably a bit misleading but if that doctor can get interested men and women through the door or onto his website, it's at THAT point he's duty bound to be upfront about what they can expect and to show honest, concealer-free results and to answer their 'can I look like Jason Gardiner?'"

So it's okay to lie to get people in the door.. that's essentially what you're saying? Wow, that's really bad, and unethical business practice in my book.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

My username is Don'tDoIt on another forum. I posted the below text on that other forum. I thought it would be useful if I post it here also:

"Dr. Ziering performed my HT in the late 1990's. He promised me the moon but did not deliver. I was naive.

Dr. Ziering's job gave me a pluggy looking hairline made of minigrafts. He left me with a wide strip scar across the back of my head. He said that no one would ever notice my strip scar. What a joke. You can see this thing from a mile away. You can guess my opinion of Dr. Ziering before I even encountered this thread.

I agree with all the above commenters that Jason Gardiner had a ton of concealer on his head during that program. And Dr. Ziering knows it. Yet he still feigns ignorance. That tells you something right there. "

It is surprising that the public is still so clueless about HT surgery. I suppose it's because so many of us are secretive about it. So in that regard I do respect this guy for going public with it. At the same time I think it's very deceptive to use concealer and not be upfront about that...

Here's the video of him "coming out"....

Thanks for posting the video man...

I definitely see the toppik being used. I wouldnt be surprised if this is a dermmatch/toppik combo...

While they did a good job of styling it to look natural, getting it to look this way day in and day out is a serious pain in the ass, and for him to pass this result off as a pure transplant imo is a serious ethical no no

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.

mahong, He was there specifically touting the results of his hair transplant, not to promote his show or anything else. He had his HT doctor, not a make-over stylist on the show with him. The concealer was used to enhance the look of his hair, specifically the density of the HT, not face or body or any other features. The fact that he is a celebrity and that's it's an entertainment show does not justify false advertising.

"Secondly, he's been pretty open and honest about the whole thing..."

Well, not really. If he was being open and honest he would show what the results really look like, sans concealer....

"It's probably a bit misleading but if that doctor can get interested men and women through the door or onto his website, it's at THAT point he's duty bound to be upfront about what they can expect and to show honest, concealer-free results and to answer their 'can I look like Jason Gardiner?'"

So it's okay to lie to get people in the door.. that's essentially what you're saying? Wow, that's really bad, and unethical business practice in my book.

All I'm saying is that whilst we can all discuss and debate the specifics of Jason Gardiner's HT, none of us know the truth or have the facts in front of us for definite. I think it's pretty clear he was wearing some kind of concealer yes, but none of us have any idea for sure what exactly is going on. For all we know the makeup girl put that concealer on seconds before going on air? For all we know he's wearing a hairpiece along with HT?

I'm not trying to defend the whole thing as it does seem misleading to me, as I keep saying. But I stand by my opinion that whilst I of course agree the Dr. is duty bound to be honest and open, there are circumstances and facts here we simply don't know about. I'm not trying to claim that makes it alright or OK, simply saying this is a daytime entertainment show and unfortunately it's always riddled with inconsistencies and liberal with the truth or the facts.

The Dr should post the honest results of Gardiner's HT on his website, along with fair and true photos of the end result. If he fails to do that, or Gardiner continues to use concealer and they try and pass it off as HT alone, then I'm 100% with you this Dr. is lying and being unethical. But daytime entertainment TV is a fickle and difficult place and there may have been things going on behind the scenes or without the knowledge of the Dr or Jason Gardiner that would make it unfair to judge this Dr (or Jason Gardiner) purely on a daytime interview alone. In his own domain though, on his website, the Dr has an absolute duty to show the honest, end results of his work; and it's there I think everybody has a right to be truly judgemental about the work and the results.

I generally like to give people the benefit of the doubt. But, we're not talking bout some Jo Schmo here who was caught off guard and asked about his HT on camera. This was a very calculated PR event to promote both Jason Gardiner's career and the doctor. The former I am fine with, it's the latter which irks me. And Jason is someone who is in show business, so I highly doubt he was just sandbagged by some make-up artist at the last second.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 2 weeks later...

in that interview it says the procedure cost so much because Jason wanted the surgery done by the physician, presumably he meant no techs placing grafts?? right? thats why it cost what it did. but to be honest $10 per graft or more is what ive been quoted for fue at pretty much every where ive enquired.

My god wtf if anybody thinks that jason gardiner and his doctor promoting his transplant on tv with concealer on is fair play or even can defend it they're crackers.....FULL STOP

Ps mahhong i'm sure you're addicted to contradicting and flogging dead horses. No offence!

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• 3 months later...
I dont think I can because there is a confidentiality. Let me find out.

How is there confidentiality when you are saying people are commenting on his pics online and another doctor is using his photos as his own as well? If his pics were confidential this would not be possible Please post pics if you can. Thanks

• 1 year later...

Jason is back on our (UK) screens tonight in Dancing on Ice at 6.15.

I'll tune in to see how a head of hair looks after 2 HTs and some tele concealer, i'm sure he'll look great!

Tune in if you can

He had so much concealer on, he might aswell have used car spray paint.

If you looked from the front, you could see low density in the hairline, but when he put his head down, his hair looked thick, almost like he has a cardboard cutout resting on the top of his scalp.

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Considering where he was 2 years ago though Rob (you seen pics yeah) he looks good, this is what i'm saying, we all know what's possibpe at the mo regarding HTs and, well, this would be considered a good result, so i'm baseing my feelings on that and that alone.