Jason Gardiners Hair Transplant

ukpaitent

Read an article where Jason Gardener ( uk tv presenter) discusses his transplant. It states he had 3501 grafts via strip in july last year and that he didn't see his growth until january of this year. It looks pretty good on him. His doctor was Dr Craig Ziering at Ziering Medical never heard of this doc??

Jason will be discussing his transplant on uk tv show "this morning" tomorrow morning.

Yes, thanks for this mate. I managed to catch it this morning and although quite brief, it was great to have some good HT exposure. I did think that he had incredible coverage for 3500 grafts though! I'm sure it's possible he had additional 'help' with concealers etc.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Dan72/albums/496

July 2002 HT #1 - Bosley NY - 1800 Grafts

Feb 2011 HT #2 - Feller Medical - 2372 Grafts

July 2012 HT #3 - Feller Medical - 1702 Grafts (no pics as yet)

That is true that the TV guys tend to use products as well as lighting and creative camera work to make their hair look better. I would like to see the guy in person. Although Dr. Zeiring does nice work and is respected by his peers.

I would go as far as to say i would bet my house that Jason was wearing a TON of concealer. There is NO way a NW 6 can get that coverage with 3500 session. Regardless he looked caked in it in my opinion, hairline all brushed forward and his hair had no texture.

It will not be long before a pap gets a pic of what his hair actually looks like when not set up for TV.;) Mark my words - as he will be on their radar now.

The Dr who did it is associated with the Hospital Group here in the UK.

yes agreed that it did look kinda chalky with dark concealer, however it was great exposure for uk TV to actually have a real life transplant patient witch told it how it was instead of all the misinformed rubbish that journalist write etc etc

I was talking to a girl today about transplants and she mentioned this guy. I saw this thread before but didn't realise until now that this is the guy she was talking about. Whatever she watched on TV actually informed her of how hair transplants work, assuming she didn't already know. And in my experience, people rarely know.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

The more I think about this the more irritated I get. Don't get me wrong, I think the result looks quite good and more importantly Jason deserves credit for coming out so publicly like this. It can only shed a more positive light on this field when celebrities like Jason come out and discuss it openly from beginning to end. I wish more celebrities would come forward.

However, make no mistake, this was a planned PR opportunity from the start and while it is actually a good thing in general the overall final presentation is misleading and in fact dangerous.

Jason is wearing tons of concealer in the "This Morning" interview. I agree 100% with Spex that there is no way, none, nada, zilch, that 3501 grafts will give a NW6 this much coverage much less density. The danger in presenting this "remarkable" result is that anyone that sees this, and trust me, there are a lot of people that have seen this, will think that if they have aggressive hair loss then 3500 grafts should take care of them in one go.

The sad reality is that as most experienced members and patients know, closer to double this amount will give a NW6 anything resembling acceptable coverage but even 7000 grafts will not give this kind of density (mainly the crown) as it appears in the video that the density is near native (100%).

This is not a slam against Jason Gardiner. Again, I think it was very commendable for him to come forward. I could see it in his eyes that he was very forthcoming about how his hair loss affected him and how the hat he has worn over the 8 months of recovery became a psychological crutch. I've been there myself so I know how it feels and to be honest, I don't think he realizes the misrepresentation that he is providing by using concealer in an interview solely about his new hair. Regardless of whether or not HE realizes it, others do and the presentation of his hair transplant result as being ONLY from a surgical treatment will lead other uninformed television viewers to think that they too can get 3500 grafts on their NW6 hair loss patterned heads and get full density and full coverage.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

The more I think about this the more irritated I get. Don't get me wrong, I think the result looks quite good and more importantly Jason deserves credit for coming out so publicly like this. It can only shed a more positive light on this field when celebrities like Jason come out and discuss it openly from beginning to end. I wish more celebrities would come forward.

However, make no mistake, this was a planned PR opportunity from the start and while it is actually a good thing in general the overall final presentation is misleading and in fact dangerous.

Jason is wearing tons of concealer in the "This Morning" interview. I agree 100% with Spex that there is no way, none, nada, zilch, that 3501 grafts will give a NW6 this much coverage much less density. The danger in presenting this "remarkable" result is that anyone that sees this, and trust me, there are a lot of people that have seen this, will think that if they have aggressive hair loss then 3500 grafts should take care of them in one go.

The sad reality is that as most experienced members and patients know, closer to double this amount will give a NW6 anything resembling acceptable coverage but even 7000 grafts will not give this kind of density (mainly the crown) as it appears in the video that the density is near native (100%).

This is not a slam against Jason Gardiner. Again, I think it was very commendable for him to come forward. I could see it in his eyes that he was very forthcoming about how his hair loss affected him and how the hat he has worn over the 8 months of recovery became a psychological crutch. I've been there myself so I know how it feels and to be honest, I don't think he realizes the misrepresentation that he is providing by using concealer in an interview solely about his new hair. Regardless of whether or not HE realizes it, others do and the presentation of his hair transplant result as being ONLY from a surgical treatment will lead other uninformed television viewers to think that they too can get 3500 grafts on their NW6 hair loss patterned heads and get full density and full coverage.

Yes agreed regarding the concealer aspect of this is misleading to those not in the know however it is a step in the right direction as the majority of men not in the know perhaps think that all the laser combs and miraculous lotions and potions that are advertised in the uk press which can also be costly were there only options so at least it puts HT's out there. Also his transplant was being promoted at costing $35,000 so if men watching it are prepared to spend that amount then when they do there research they will find out more facts etc.

Been following this in the press for the last few weeks with great interest. When I saw this piece on This morning my immediate thoughts were that he was wearing lots of concealer.

The link below shows some photos which seem more realistic and the scalp is showing through. I first saw these on Monday but seemed to disappear and have only reappeared on the website this morning.

(Link removed by moderator)

Would love to hear your thoughts on these photos as he still seems to have lots of coverage for 3500 grafts considering he had virtually no existing hair?

Edited by TakingThePlunge

It's a good result. I would like to see photos from the back and a top down shot, but for such a large area and at only 8 months, I'd say it's a success. But, $35,000 is still WAY too much for a hair transplant.

There is a famous Italian that came to H&W to get repaired. He looked like crap after two surgeries with a well known Italian doctor. One year after his transplant he looks amazing. People online are saying he looks so good that it even appears that he has a wig on. This Italian patient gave a testimonial years ago to this bad doctor right after his first surgery before his results. Sure enough this doctor took his testomial from years ago and used it with his current pictures after his result of H&W. Some Italian online on getting suckered into thinking this result is from this Italian doctor and now are coming back from him with subpar results.

My point is when somebody where concealer or the picture are not the best its is almost dishonest because the people that see it actually beleive this is the result they can expect.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

There is a famous Italian that came to H&W to get repaired. He looked like crap after two surgeries with a well known Italian doctor. One year after his transplant he looks amazing. People online are saying he looks so good that it even appears that he has a wig on. This Italian patient gave a testimonial years ago to this bad doctor right after his first surgery before his results. Sure enough this doctor took his testomial from years ago and used it with his current pictures after his result of H&W. Some Italian online on getting suckered into thinking this result is from this Italian doctor and now are coming back from him with subpar results.

My point is when somebody where concealer or the picture are not the best its is almost dishonest because the people that see it actually beleive this is the result they can expect.

lorenzo, can you link these pics of the italian yo are talking about? thanks

I dont think I can because there is a confidentiality. Let me find out.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

It is surprising that the public is still so clueless about HT surgery. I suppose it's because so many of us are secretive about it. So in that regard I do respect this guy for going public with it. At the same time I think it's very deceptive to use concealer and not be upfront about that...

Here's the video of him "coming out"....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I understand that people watching will be given a false Sence of security regarding outcomes of HT's however when I first thought about my HT before I knew any information I too thought i would spend a few thousand pounds have a full head of hair overnight etc, as we all know research is the key so anyone watching the Jason gardener story will hopefully google his doctor and eventually discover this forum just as all of us on here found this forum by researching and then this way they can find out all the facts. Also alot of people still wear concealer after an HT and Jason did say he was going for second pass it is television after all and almost all television personalities do not divuldge their tricks of looking good. Also there are pictures online from his post op where you can get a better idea of what his result are like. . If anyone was to see 1 advert and go ahead with an Ht based on this without proper research then this would spell disaster depending on the doctor so after his apperance on tv i am sure it will spurn people on to research. Surely his coming out over his HT is a step in the right direction. I knew that when i wore concealer i was in no way comfortable telling anyone about it not even my partner.

Edited by ukpaitent

Sorry i see this as false advertising. He went on this show to specifically talk about his ht, show the results, and get huge publicity for his doc.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Whilst I agree generally with the sentiments of the majority of people on this thread, I don't necessarily blame Jason Gardiner. I haven't seen the interview but my impression is that what he's really interested in showing off is his new "look". I agree it may be a bit misleading what he's doing but it's still more frank than simply turning up with a full head of hair one day.

At the end of the day, essentially he has no obligation to promote or explain HTs. It looks pretty clear to me that he's wearing concealer and possibly making the best use of lighting/style but that's not really a crime and theoretically it's only possible to do that thanks to the Ht in the first place.

I don't want to suggest I'm condoning what he's doing but, at the same time, the guy is just excited about showing off his new look. I guess some men are of the opinion that it doesn't matter how you get that full head of hair look as long as you get it. He is misleading people perhaps, but anybody serious about getting a HT is going to have to do their research, speak to a doctor and look at a range of results before making their decision.

I think Jason Gardiner has been more honest than he's had to really. Yes, he has misled to some extent, and that's not good. But the decision on how to present himself is his and his alone, and it's up to the man who's interested to do his own research and make his own informed decisions in my opinion.

You're missing the point. Had he gone on this show just to talk about his results and hts in general is one thing. But he took his doctor on the show which essentially turns it into an infomercial. He is now marketing a specific practice's results. What would you say if all ht clinics had results on their web sites with guys with concealer and did not say they had it in their hair?

• Moderators
You're missing the point. Had he gone on this show just to talk about his results and hts in general is one thing. But he took his doctor on the show which essentially turns it into an infomercial. He is now marketing a specific practice's results. What would you say if all ht clinics had results on their web sites with guys with concealer and did not say they had it in their hair?

For someone in the public eye, at some point he has to show the world his new look and he may have felt it was easier to do an interview and say here it is and this is what I did. Maybe he felt this was better than getting a bunch of questions and rumors if he had just shown himself one day with hair.

As for taking the Dr with him, I don't really see what the difference is between him and people on this forum. They have a HT, post here about their results, and tell you how great the Dr is (i.e. taking the Dr with them). Nothing wrong with that. If he's happy with his results why wouldn't he want everyone to know who he went to?

I do somewhat agree with the concealor if he was wearing it, but then again, I know there are people here who have a HT and yet still don't want to be seen in public without concealer on, so again, why should he be different?

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

behappy, How would you feel if you saw results from HT Clinic X that looked great on their web site, you get a procedure done by them, and then you find out afterwards that every result you looked at had actually had concealer on? Are you going to tell me you wouldn't feel misled? I'm really surprised you don't see this as false advertising... This guy is getting HUGE publicity for this clinic. In fact he is a walking, breathing infomercial.

This is no different than Belusconi the Italian PM. He recieved a hair transplant and now where concealer everywhere he goes. His doctor take alot of credit and recieved alot of business because of it. Not once is there any mention of him using concealer.

Take a look at his pictures it so obvious he is wearing concealer, some of the pictures are before. I have met alot of italians that have been to the same doctor and he is horrible.

5b32cd2c8a5a0_berlusconibefore.jpg.ff920eab1d9cb701db3602a7a833d985.jpg

berlusconi_lario_1396056a.jpg.d95a9a1cc6ccb3b8690b98cb22bc4af0.jpg

SilvioBerlusconi_1__794186a.jpg.ca00ebb22e64e30a58ac3546891eb065.jpg

5b32cd2cc04ce_Silvio20Berlusconi202011.jpg.958f9468307db42248dc3d12afc89a77.jpg