Spex one of the good

Seen a couple of snidy remarks in a thread below but I feel it should be corrected here, spex has helped me for 9 years and helped me massively before feller medical and still does till this day. I've never had any work at feller medical but the results there have always impressed me. Spex has never charged me to come visit me or has never pushed me to any decision or medical centre but has always had my best interest at heart and often can be seen congratulating other drs work and results. I also know he sometimes gets in bother with his mrs for not leaving her much time for us so I honestly think he needs a medal for what he has done.

Anyway I wrote this to show the appreciation for spex as I don't want any newbs reading 1 thread below and miss out on what a great help and friend spex is so if you too have had help from him feel free to spread the love lol.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Spex is indeed a good guy. And I know for a fact he doesn't do it for the money. Most of the doc reps on this forum do a great job and really do more than just advertise their clinics.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

He proved it as well when he used to spend hours on here helping people before he was associated with a clinic.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Unfortunately it's only natural that some will question the intent of anyone who works for a surgeon. I know I sometimes fear that ulterior motives will be seen in anything I say or do. But spex (and I) simply aren't that way inclined. I think that guys who have been around here for a while and who have got the lay of the land can see that.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Bonkerstonker,

All the best with your recent surgery with Dr H. I am sure you will be very happy.

You have made a great post here regarding Spex as he does deserve recognition for the excellent role he performs. Spex deals with a great deal behind the scenes as well which he also should be commended for.

What many do not know about Spex is he actually represented me for sometime prior to actually getting paid a dime, and he never asked for one either.

There are some excellent representatives on this site, and just because they get paid by their clinic to do their job doesn't mean their posts should automatically become suspect.

Additionally, some of his harsher critics may not be aware that of all the reps online, Spex is the only one I know of who does not rely on the rep job as his main source of income. In fact, Spex is an extremely successful self-made business man whose income from his main business venture dwarfs any pittance he can earn from Feller Medical. You will not hear this from him because he is a very modest man, and those who know him personally will vouche for that.

When he started representing me he wouldn't take money. But I had to insist that he do so as I couldn't have someone putting in the efforts he had been without compensation.

Spex came to me 8 years ago for a repair of past HTs (performed elsewhere) via FUE. He paid in full and was a model patient. He was very exuberant about hair transplants and was very well self-educated on the subject. WAY more than most.

I knew little about him at the time, however I was soon impressed by his energy and charisma. Anyone that has met him will testify he is a "one of a kind" individual whose mission to help other hair loss suffers is something that should be recognized, not questioned.

I can honestly say he is not in this industry for the money because I pay him, and the amount of work he does is not justified by the amount he is paid

He is a very intelligent guy who has highlighted for years, and countless times, what an asset he is to this industry; and i am also very proud to be associated with him as an HT doctor and a friend.

My many thanks for all he does and I hope that his harsher critics will expand their perspective and appreciate what a truly honerable gentleman this unique individual is.

Dr. Feller

I'm in complete agreement here. Spex is a great guy with extreme empathy since he has been were we are/were. He travelled down to meet with me in London, and gave me alot of reassurance and advice, I was left feeling that I, not only had all my questions answered, but had made a new friend.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Dan72/albums/496

July 2002 HT #1 - Bosley NY - 1800 Grafts

Feb 2011 HT #2 - Feller Medical - 2372 Grafts

July 2012 HT #3 - Feller Medical - 1702 Grafts (no pics as yet)

Spex is indeed a good guy. And I know for a fact he doesn't do it for the money. Most of the doc reps on this forum do a great job and really do more than just advertise their clinics.

I couldnt agree more.. well said hairthere. I havent met anyone that has helped me more than Spex way beyond the call of duty. I dont think I could have helped anyone myself as much as he does, purely as I dont have the ability. It takes a special person to do what he does!! I really cant say enough to show my gratitude to Spex. Without his support from the beggining of my hair restoration, I wouldnt have had my life turned around and given a second chance to enjoy my life again. Thats all I can say really that hasnt already been said about the kindness and good work Spex does.

Edited by BadhairUK
fixed typo.

God, if people are knocking Spex on here, then they are MILES wide of the mark, overly sceptical, or more likely, have some other sinister ulterior agenda on the go (or are simply jealous!)

I agree with the original poster 200% (and everyone else on this thread for that matter).

I first met Spex about 5 years ago, when he was travelling down to London off his own back and doing ultra-friendly, invaluable consults with confused guys like me. He has helped me LOADS and always instantly recommend others to have a chat with him whenever I notice other 'lost souls' wandering these forums.

Even though he works for Feller (and as has been raised by others, he was doing it for free when I first met him) I certainly have never had the impression that he is entirely focused on ensuring hairloss sufferers go with Feller. He only recommends Feller because the doc did such an amazing job on himself (and many, many others), but he also speaks extremely highly of the other top surgeons, and offers unbiased advice.

I'm really shocked and appalled that there should be some people in the community having a snipe at Spex, and I just hope that there aren't too many newbies who should fall for it, because Spex is simply a GREAT guy and unbelievably passionate about hair and helping others.

Why there should be a vendetta against a top guy who's devoted SO much time to helping others and sharing his wisdom and experiences, is totally wrong. But of course there must be a few competitors out there who see this as the only way.

You only need to read other threads praising his work. There must be a lot of them. Here's one for starters http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/159514-special-thanks-spex.html

Cheers Spex for all the help you've given me.

S

Edited by skinnyshaft

bonkerstonker, yes i concur with u. I have been in the forum, lingering long enough to witness all the help Spex has rendered all of us. Even though he knew i was not going to travel to the States, there was no stoppage of information and advice from him. I am not sure why some posters ( the same ones that u and i refer to but lets not start an online spat with them ) have an agenda against him. Look, he might not be a saint but he helps others much more than what those agenda driven people have. I do not see them answering my posts or advise me, do they? Enough said. I got a statement for these people, i hope u r reading it, before u start to judge others, look at yourself and ask if u did your due for others more than Spex. If not, i strongly suggest u to shut your trap

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Yes luckily I have extremely strechy scalp because I've spent most of my afternoons laying down after training watching tv with my hands behind my head So it must have stretched over the years also because I've been Thai fighting since I was 7 my weight dramatically changes on a monthly basis to make weight for fights which is anything between 1 to 3 stone loss and I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Ps spex u know how I always said I was one of the norton lucky people well turns out I had one of their fue grafts stuck in my skull that dr hasson had to get out but it's out now. Lol funny old world isn't it ha ha I feel like sticking something in nortons head.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Just to echo what all have said beforehand- first and foremost Spex gives back and offers sound advice to people who want help and advice. I know personally that his posts have helped me for the last 4 years. I have never seen him give a biased opinion or push anyone down the surgery route for his own benefit.

Indeed happy to add my voice to this, Have had pre and post op meetings with Spex, kind of cathartic to talk about something I hadn`t the courage to even talk to my GP about.

Whilst he told me about his surgery with Dr Feller he also recommend H & W and Shapiro. However the most important lesson gleaned from our meetings was the mantra of research, research research.

It saddens me deeply to see people like Spex who go out of their way to make sure people looking for hair loss advice in any from don't jump into something that they might regret, get unjustified and inappropriate negative comments see below;

For any one who is still not sure of Spex's credibility just type in his name and see thousands of posts by him giving nothing but his heart and soul into this arena. A reputation like spex's doesn;t happen overnight, it happens from being committed and passionate for a number of years helping people.

Just to let you know it was not necessary for him to keep me informed to the benfits of DHT inhibition and to give finasteride another shot as I got the sexual side effects from it originally, the hair I had was-all slowly miniaturizing and I would see tiny hairs being left on my pillow. Spex told me to get some level of DHT inhibition going in my system to preserve what I had left even if it meant half the dose or only taking one tablet every other day. I still wasn't convinced until I came back from a surgery from Dr feller who also said it wasn't too bad what I needed, and hence again Spex advised for getting on the meds to stop any further loss and give me hair the best outcome I could.

Well I listened and he advised me to give finasteride another try as I am a bit oder now and also he advised to drop into my system slowly I titrated my self up from 1 tab a week to the full daily dose over 7 weeks, and guess what Not one side effect, and no more hairs on my pillow, the crown area is slowly filling up - BONUS.

Amazing since I was one of those unlucky guys that the side effects shut my sexual drive down completley the first time round.

Now just think, he could not have bothered with that info and I could have been wasting more hair on the crown area and be going for either a mega session or another HT instead I used only 2250 grafts with plenty more in the tank should I need to. I may still want some hair put in there due to the hair greed factor, but at least I did not rush into it and I have the luxury of seeing what the meds can do on their own.

Without a doubt Spex gave me the lifeline I needed at just the right time and age for me.

All I know anyone that does a lot of good and becomes popular for the right reasons will always get some negativity towards them - that is life.

Cheers Spex and keep up the good work

Edited by Ukresponder

:)2250 Strip Dr Feller

:)1900 Strip Dr Feller

-----------------------------------

2 Great HT's & Experiences

-----------------------------------

I don't know why this babygirl hasn't been removed from the site it's clearly a spam computer program as it has wrote the exact same thing on 10 different threads. Youd of thought the spammers would of used a picture of a decent looking fake girl then i wouldn't of minded ha ha.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Im not a big poster on any of these forums..not because I don't recognize how invaluable they are, I am just a very private person. I'll reach out occasionally for help or to provide a response when I might have specific experience or credibility. A thread on Spex is undoubtably one of those times.

I'm not saying anything revelatory when I claim how unbelievably supportive, informative and genial he has been in the year or two that I've been paying attention or reaching out and I'm well aware of the many years of his gracious presence way before that.

I don't mean to be melodramatic but like I said to him directly, I firmly believe people are defined by how they handle adversity - both their own and others. Anyone can be there when the sun shines brightly. But we all know personally how stormy this affliction can become and we all have desperately needed some kind of beacon in the darkness. In some cases, I've been made aware of, some us were barely clinging on. Spex has always been there to be that bright light. To guide us so that we know there is hope and possibility - keeping us on track and intelligently informed without a hint of patronization or self congratulation. He is that rare breed; a man who does it because he genuinely wants us to benefit from his experience without anything in return but the satisfaction that another of us were set on the right path.

cheers to you Spex.

I would like to add the experience I've had since first introducing myself to Spex about 2 years ago. I contacted Spex looking for advice on repairing a series of bad procedures that I had from clinic in London. After exchanging a few emails I travelled to the UK from Ireland to see Spex in person and where I received some very informative advice.

Spex is a genuinely nice guy to deal with and full of enthusiasm on anything ht related. I felt he had a genuine concern for helping me get fixed up having been through a similar experience previous to me. The advice I got was invaluable to me, optimistic but cautious. He also gave me good advice on propecia. 5 months later I went for a repair with Dr Feller who I'm thankful to say has fixed me up.

For me, Spex has been a great source of information, before during and after my procedure with his willingness to provide advice and information to anyone who asks.

Not a bad reference all this spex you must be nearly as popular as me lol

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I can honestly say he is not in this industry for the money because I pay him, and the amount of work he does is not justified by the amount he is paid

Dr. Feller

Heh, Spex, I think now would be a good time to ask for a pay rise

:P

-----------------------------------------

2425 FUE - Dr Armani - Nov 2007 (poor result)

1000 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - March 25th 2010 (great result)

1599 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - Feb 3rd 2011

My Hair Loss Website

hello spex and everyone else,the worlds got its fare share of prats that we have to make allowances for so as ronnie barker said[don't let the bastards grind you down],respect to you spex and with all this praise flowing your way i don't think you'll have much trouble keeping your pecker up[thats your chin i mean and nothing to do with your finasteride intake]have a good day,you deserve it.....

As I've posted elsewhere in this forum, Spex lives for patient education, informed decision making by potential patients, and avoiding some of the early experiences he had with hair restoration. Spex isn't like most bloggers or even most doctor reps...he's on a mission.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Its a` must `do to meet up with Spex or speak to , when considering hair surgery . Spex has an unbiased view , and is totally committed to patient welfare !

good on yer spex !!

ej