who did elton johns hair?

j1j9j85

Yeah I've heard jokes about him having "plugs", but his hair is way thick to be a HT. He just wears probably the best hair system money can buy.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

If you look at the bottom of this article from 1980, it says that Elton John had a transplant. I was under the impression that he, along with Frank Sinatra, had transplants very early in the transplant game, and that they were awful looking. As a result, Sinatra and Elton John turned to hair pieces.

If Bald Isn't Beautiful, the Answer Is a Plug, Not a Rug, Says Transplant Pioneer Norman Orentreich : People.com

As said it must be one , if not the VERY best money can buy , i seen him on tv not so long ago , and it looked very good, no real hint of it being a full wig , as it must be top and back as the density is the same all over. I,d imagine his donor to be a bit messed up if he has been down the HT route in the early 80s

yep, he must have paid a lot of dough for something like that

had no idea until this elton john hair thread was started, i don't get down to his music enough to realize he was bald, but whoever did work on his head with the hairpiece, did a pretty good job

Seriously may be a good option to some people that may have no hair at all up top and not enough donor to get the job done though.

• 3 weeks later...

hello chaps,i know he's had ht's in the past aroundabout the start of the 80's but i just thought he had tryed to cheer himself up with his hairloss problem by buying himself a afghan hound, which in turn had tryed to help its master by perching on top of his messed up bonce,no its deffinatelly a hairpiece....all have a good day......:)

I dont get why he doesnt just get state of the art transplants now to fix the mess thats gonna be under that wig, he can still wear a wig after but when he takes it off at home he wont crack the mirror. Hes got more money that he will ever know what to do with so why not sort it?

He had some plants back in the seventies. Didnt take. Usually that means

that one of the old hacks didnt cut the grafts right.

The density of what he's got now indicates he's obviously wearing a good

hairpiece.

It might be possible that he's had frontal work done, for a hairline.