4856 Grafts Repair Patient 4 Year Update Hasson And Wong

Hi all, Joe kindly posted my video update earlier in the week, I just got back to the UK from a hairline refinement and scar revision it was also a chance for me to spend some time at the clinic with Joe and Doug and observing some surgeries of both Doctors Hasson and Wong.

As a real benefit the weather was great and I was able to explore Vancouver on foot, I will be updating my blog with a full range of photos of my trip and experience.

The surgery was a breeze for me as it was a very small session compared to last time around, despite my scalp being very tight from 4 strip sessions Dr Hasson was able to remove alot of my old UK scars and still get just over 600 grafts to soften and redesign my hairline, although I was very happy with my hairline after my old pluggy grafts had been hid Dr Hasson still felt it needed tweaking slightly.

The problem last time round was that my hairline created in 1996 by my old ht surgeon was wonky, I also wanted coverage all over so i didn't want a ton of grafts spend on my hairline and not get the coverage all over.Dr Hasson was able to even up the hairline and we decided a small widows peak might break up this appearance.

Whilst I was in town two guys from the UK were also in the chair on Thursday so it was good to catch up with them, hopefully they will be posting their progress on this site.

DSCN0133%20(2).jpg

IMG_8152%20(2).jpg

DSCN0135%20(2).jpg

IMG_8157%20(2).jpg

DSCN0138%20(2).jpg

IMG_8164%20(2).jpg

DSCN0140%20(2).jpg

IMG_8168%20(2).jpg

DSCN0141%20(2).jpg

IMG_8169%20(2).jpg

DSCN0143%20(2).jpg

IMG_8176%20(2).jpg

DSCN0148%20(2).jpg

IMG_8196%20(2).jpg

DSCN0153%20(2).jpg

IMG_8187%20(2).jpg

DSCN0154%20(2).jpg

IMG_8194%20(2).jpg

More pics on my website

Edited by Garageland
Posted by accident before uploading all pics

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Garageland,

Your results look excellent. Thank you for keeping the community updated on your progress!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks for the replies guys yes I have been thrilled by the results as stated I had my some scar revision and Dr Hasson was able to get some grafts which he felt and I agreed best suited to go into the hairline to lower it slighty and try to change the appearance of it, my first Dr in 1996 drew the hairline crooked...it seriously took he five seconds and it was crooked because he was standing to one side of me....anyway that's another story.

The grafts were split into singles to really refine the hairline and try to cover the mini and micro grafts that Dr Hasson could see, the hairline was lowered slighty and more so on the left to try to even it up a bit and we went with a small widows peak which I used to have in my teens.

It would have been nice to pull 3000 grafts and put then into the crown to thicken it up but cause of my previous wasted surgeries in the 90's it simply wasn't possible and 600 into the crown would have made no cosmetic improvement.

I have also added some pictures from my time in Vancouver of the city and sights on my website.

IMG_8299%20(2).jpg

IMG_8300%20(2).jpg

IMG_8304%20(2).jpg

IMG_8305%20(2).jpg

IMG_8307%20(2).jpg

IMG_8310%20(2).jpg

---

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

Thanks guys for your nice comments.

Spex that would be good to have a chat over a beer, let me know when you are next going to be in London.

---

• 1 month later...

Those guys are truly the best of the best! I wish they came to the U.S. :cool:

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 2 months later...

I thought I would update my case at what was the 3.5 month period after my 600 grafts into the hairline, I have some early growth into the hairline which is easier to see in certain light than other, this started around the 2.5 month mark with an odd baby hair this has become increasing more rapid over the last month.

The hairs don't really make any contribution to my hairline at the moment as they are still short and baby fine....here are some pics

IMG_3442-r.jpg

IMG_3444-r.jpg

IMG_3447-r.jpg

IMG_3448-r.jpg

IMG_3449-r.jpg

IMG_3450-r.jpg

---

sorry for being rude and talking to fingers crossed on your thread garageland i dont mean to be rude,

in relation to your growth garageland it was your pics and well documented relationship with hasson and wong that lead me to dr hasson in the begining so thank you very much for taking the time to keep us informed, it helped me with my hair loss struggle etc

and when the new grafts mature i think your hairloss journey will be almost at an end as you wont look bald any more and the new hairline will be natural and age appropriate and thicker,

happy days man! im very happy for you, hopefully i will be where you are soon also!!!

fingers crossed

i hope you do post pics as i have been following your progress and you number of grafts and positions of the balding and recipient site is almost identical so hopefully it will be a glimpse forward in time 6months for if you get what i mean??

any way good luck to you both and happy growing guys the future is bright lol

;)

Thanks for your kind words guys, the new hairline is starting to take shape and I am liking what I see.

J1985 - Glad to of helped you make your choice and thanks happy days indeed.

Spex- we keep saying this, it would be good to meet up, I don't know how often you are in London but let me know when you could do.

---

• 2 months later...

I have taken some new shots of my hairline these represent a 6 month update, I have kept the original thread alive so you can see how the progress has been made over the years. I have noticed over the last few months that the hairs have really started to fill in now and help hide the old pluggy work further. Whilst the new hairs are there they are still quite fine and short and don't at this stage make a huge cosmetic improvement yet.

hairline-close-3-300x225.jpg

Hairline-close-300x228.jpg

Hairline-close-2-300x225.jpg

hairline-close-4-300x247.jpg

right-2-300x225.jpg

right-300x225.jpg

left-300x225.jpg

---

• 2 years later...

Garageland....wow!

What an improvement!

Dude you took years off.

Thanks for sharing another H/W outstanding result.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Thanks Shampoo for your words. The final results can be found on my blog.

---