B spot 1st HT

the B spot

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot,

Have you taken the 4th mug shot yet? I'm anxious to see the results............so far it's looking great!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 3 months later...

Ok Fella's 7 month update!!!! Sorry this took so long, I finally got my camera repaired!!!! I am pretty stoked by the whole process, to be honest! I realized walking in the door that I would need at LEAST 2 HT's, possibly 3. I cannot begin to tell you how my family and friends cannot believe that my hair was transplanted. They simply cannot fathom that ALL of the hair on top was moved from one spot to the other, and you can't tell!!!!

Anyway, if you look at the side shots, you will see the separation that occured after some of my side were shocked out. This will be addressed during #2, as well as going through the front half again, and into the crown this time. Dr. Shapiro and I are going to go for 4000+ grafts next time, and that would bring me to about 7100 grafts total, which should really make an impact on my overall density and hopefully give me *some* decent coverage in my crown (enough to lighten up and comb over!)

I am in the middle of my journey, but I can start to imagine the light at this point. For those of you just starting, chin up!!!! For those of you that are finished, I hope to join you in the coming months!!!!!!!!!!!! I shall return!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

B,

Thanks for posting your progress. It looks great. I think you've really gotten great results from the number of grafts you had. should you end up with another 4000........it should provide enough for the appearance of density all over.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thanks Bank---- You know, the length of my hair is at that weird stage where it sticks straight up and I refuse to "gel" my hair, so it looks a little weird. The hairline is awesome, and in the close-up I kind of bent my head forward a little and ran my hands through it to show the density achieved. Still a long way to go, but if I get another 2000 in the front half, and then spread whatever else I get in back, I think I will have achieved more than I could have ever hoped for. Who knows, maybe I will have more left over after my next one, enough to put the finishing point on the entire thing!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

B spot I have to say that I am amazed at the amount of grafts you managed to get. If its ok can you let us know some statistics about your HT like how old you were when you got your first one and how much density you have in your donor area. With the amount of time you spend posting on this site maybe creating a webblog to document your progress should be in order icon_smile.gif

After reading a lot of your posts I think you are one of the most resourceful people on this forum. Your informative comments and positive outlook has helped many of us here. Its good to see you are getting great results - I dont think it could've happen to a nicer person.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Thanks Vig! Yeah, because my camera was sent back twice for repair, I have been a little lax, (ahem!) in setting up my weblog......... It is coming!!!!!!!!! I promise!!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Looks good mate,

would be interesting to see you shave the sides and back to see how the scar looks.

i like to keep my hair short on the sides and back, thats the thing putting me off doing an HT.

Originally posted by troy:

spursman i went to the same clinic different doc, you can view my blog to see my hair short (#3) I will try shorter maybe at 8 months post op.

Your hair looks great, my hair is nothing like yours so it doenst sway me into doing an HT yet.

i was thinking of shaving down to a 1 or 2.

Looks very nice B-spot. 3100 gave you decent coverage for a fairly large area. It's very natural looking.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Congrats B....looking good for 7 mos...The next 7 are the best IMO...

When are you goin back for #2?

and, are you gonna shave down again ..Id love to see what the scar looks like with a low guard at 7 mos...

Glad to see you are happy...i cant wait to be @ 7 mos, the wait is the worst part...

I am waffling a bit on shaving down, to be honest. I normally keep my hair short, as I shave it all over with a #2. Chances are I will end up doing it again shortly, but I would like to keep it a bit longer for my second HT, to hide the staples for a few weeks. Once I set an actual date I will then look to shave down about 2 months before the session. I am hoping to go sometime in mid to late August, but I have to work that out with Matt and Dr. Shapiro.

Spur--If you are planning on shaving down to a number 1 or 2, I would plan on doing several sessions of 2000 or less grafts. From what I have seen, anything over 2000-2500 does not produce the "invisible" look you desire. One thing you HAVE to keep in mind--- your individual physiology will determine how well you heal, and how you heal as well. If you go to a top doctor, they will obviously increase your chances of healing well.

Outside of SMG and H&W, I am really impressed with the trico technique of Dr. Rahal in Canada. I will continue to look for his patients before I comment further, but he seems to be knocking on the door of my personal top 10.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

I think that it looks great for a 1st HT, covered the area really well. Looks like one more to the back and midscalp and you will have good overall coverage, congrats! I agree on the 2000 or less HT as far as scars go. In my own experience I had a bad HT a few years back where they only took 500 grafts but the scar was non existent afterwards, too bad the doc didn't take out my previous HT scar therefore was left with two scars! Last year when got my last HT my doc removed both old scars which were a pretty good distance away leaving me right now with a scar that is a little wide because of the area my doctor had to cut out to get rid of the previous two HT's. I still think it is better than two scars but when I go back for my next and hopefully last HT he said my scar should be much smaller as he won't have to cut out nearly as big of a donor area to get the same 200 grafts. I understand that some people have great laxicity in their scalp and can get some huge sessions and still have a small scar but I know in my case that wouldn't be possible and I have good laxicity

B-Spot,

Congrats and you look great. It is erik here from Chicago. I spoke with you by phone a while back just as I was jumping in on the research process for HTs. I am so thankful that I did speak with you early on as I may have fallen into the hands of the marketing glitzed sub-par HT mills.

I am amazed at your transformation and look forward to seeing your continued process. Thank you once again for spending the time talking with me and sharing your pictures. You have helped myself and so many others with your posts, experiences, and research.

Talk to you soon,

erik

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Thanks T!!!!

Hey Erik, glad to see you again. Glad to be of service anytime!!!! Thanks for checking out my update. Talk to you soon!!!!

Oh, BTW, I still can't wait for #2, fella's!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

OK Folk's!!!!!!! Due to the overwhelming response from members of this forum, I have taken the Pepsi challenge. I shaved down to a #2 over my entire head to show my incision closure, and how it stacks up. The first thing that should jump out at you is the fact that you cannot see a "blank" spot where the scar itself actually is. On the left side, under intense light, the skin is slightly lighter above the ear and then disappears around the back of my head. On the right side, you will see a spot right above my ear where I ripped out some hair removing the staples after surgery and a little shockloss as well. Overall, I would say 3 days after buzzing down, my scar is mostly invisible. With a #3 you would not be able to see it at all. Overall, I am categorically impressed, and I cannot believe that I can cut shave down this far at 7 months. After HT #2 I will be loathe to wear my hair this short, but I think it is important to show the quality of the closure.

I will growing my hair out over the next few months in preparation for HT #2, so perhaps I will be able to see even more gains.

That's all for now!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

B,

That is what I like seeing!! Shaved down to a #2 and the scar not visible.

I currently shave down to a #2 and have wanted to see what others look like after surgery. With Joe's post and now yours it is giving me more confidence each day.

Again, great results.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

• 2 months later...

Hey Troy, no new pictures right now!!!! I have been keeping my hair at a #2 all over for now until I get ready for HT #2. What I will promise is that before I do the second one, I will grow it out as far as possible and take before pics. I will tell you that my hairline and transplanted hair have softened and lightened and looks fantastic. It is awesome and I think after #2 I hope to join the likes of Bobman and Jotronics with my results. At this point my girlfriend is getting worried I might turn back into a sexy beast, so she's a little worried =)=) Anyway thanks for dropping me a line and I'll be updating soon!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Shapiro, of course! Why would I change after the great results I have had? I have not contacted Matt lately about a time, but soon enough, once work slows down a bit.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs