B spot 1st HT

the B spot

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cousin_It

B...

I will be thinking of you today. I am sure everything will be perfect and you will be one step closer to your goal. Looking forward to hearing how things went. Best of Luck!

B-

Was hoping to meet you here in Chicago before your second, but I guess I will just have to wait. Was down in the Dominican Republic with the girlfriend the week before Christmas (I know, rough right?!?).

Hopefully we will be able to talk soon. Good luck and quick healing...and I am excited for you.

Eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Just added a few comparision photos guys!!!!

Photo #27 did not come out well so I will give you the breakdown:

Procedure #1 Date 10/7/2005

Donor Width---1.25cm

Donor Length--27 Cm

Donor Laxity-- Above Average

Recipient Zone-- Front Half

Graft Type FU's Hairs %Breakdown

1 hair 741 741 24%

2 hair 1601 3202 52%

3 hair 640 1920 21%

4 hair 118 472 4%

Totals 3100 6335 100%

If all 1's and 2's were used graft totals would be 3858

This is the exact breakdown from HT#1

I will add post-op photos and breakdown from HT#2 later

Right now I am tired!!!!

BTW, I did get 3621 for HT#2!!!!!!!!!!

Total grafts 6721!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Glad to hear from you, B. Congrats on the 3621......should really add to what you have. I'll be anxious to read the "blow by blow" and see the results when you feel up to posting them!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Smaller B-Spot,

Great work, thanks for the update. Incisions look very clean, will heal well I am sure.

Glad to see you started some crown work, I was needing to turn down the brightness on my screen before when looking at your before pics! Just kidding buddy, I am very happy for you and hope #3 is all you will need to satisfy your greed!!!!

NoBuzz

B-Spot:

I just saw your update of HT#2. The work looks extremely clean. The incisions are really small and there is very little blood. I am scheduled for a procedure with Dr. Ron in the Spring. Your updates are very helpful in guiding my own expectations. All the best for your recovery. Thanks, TooThin

Guest Cousin_It

B spot...

Why aren't you smiling in your after photos? You should be grinning ear to ear, you have hair! C'mon let loose.

Dude, I was so drugged up I just wanted to get home!!!!!!

(plus, my brother thought it would be funny if I tried a "hard-ass" shot LOL!!!!

Trust me, I have been smiling during the past few days....

Still though, this 2nd experience has been much easier than the 1st, simply because I knew what to expect.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to #2 growing out because I possess both naturalness and density in the frontal zone.

When I go in for #3 it will simply be because I have hair greed!!!!!

Thanks Buzz!!!!!!!! Yes, my crown was a bit bright, eh? Thanks to Doc, we got a decent amount in the sides and the very top. Enough to make a difference, to be sure!!!

TooThin-- the incisions are so small it is incredible!!! I am on my 4th day post op and it looks amazing. Scar feels good, staples are not itching, little itching right in the hairline though----- good thing I got Graftcyte!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, this second step has been personally gratifying for me. I have spoken with so many good people who are suffering from baldness. Just being here and going through this process has helped me tremendously in addition to allowing me to help others.

Now it is just a matter of time and patience!!!!!!!

Thanks Guys!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

His smile is on the back of his head. LOL.

Everything looks great. The hard ass look is a good one though.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Let me guess.........."White Devil, White Devil?"

You speak Whachati?

(One of the greatest comedies of all time, IMO)

Thanks Bill, I needed that buddy!!!!!!!

I am currently receiving the 1000 calls from everyone to see how I am doing, to come and see the results, see the pics, listen to all my bald friends and relatives talk about when they are going to "do it" (LOL!) etc... etc... etc... just a little tired right now, as all of you know......

Thanks for the laugh buddy, I owe you one!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Hey B-

Finally had time to view the work.................it really does look great and I'm sure will give you the density you're looking for.

Happy Healin'!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thanks for the detailed breakdown, makes me seriously consider Dr.S for #2, enjoy the next 6months nothing like knowing what to expect to help calm the nerves. Spot I like what Dr.Shapiro did with the sides leading to the crown should help that transition area look good (most HT with NW5+ have that problem for few make it to 6.5k+)

Good growth B-Spot and enjoy Da-Bears this weekend.....you mentioned ground works for #3...dude hair greed is real.

Peace

Bayscholar

Thanks Bank!!!!!!!!! Know your feeling real good as well my friend!!!

Scholar, yeah Dr. Shapiro is the man, for sure! We talked about the give and take situation I am in, so he decided to really bolster the laterals and consequently into the crown itself. I have heard/seen a few guys with that "thin" look in that area, and it is something I wanted to avoid. It is almost unreal that I have that much hair back on top of my head, can't wait to see it when it grows out!!!!!

I concur that hair greed is real............ we may need to talk Pat into a special section just for that topic....... LOL!

Thanks Guys!!!!!

Bears 35 Seattle -2 Go Bears!!!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Let me guess.........."White Devil, White Devil?"

You speak Whachati?

(One of the greatest comedies of all time, IMO)

LOL...I agree. I think I've seen this movie about 20 times, not to mention the fact that I own it. Jim Carrey is hilarious!

Glad you are healing well man. I really like the fact that he sort of circled the crown a bit, rather than leaving you with a thinner crown, thickening up the area around the crown may leave a more natural look. I actually considered asking for something like that, however, I decided to see how much of the crown I could fill. I think your surgery is going to turn out great!

Man I hate these pimples...pimples every day...grrrr!

Bill

B-spot, I can hardly add a thing to the wonderful comments already posted by others. You're a good guy, you add a great deal to this forum (especially when we disagree! icon_smile.gif ), and I can't wait to see super results form your surgery with a world-class surgeon.

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

Hey B,

It was great fun to have you sitting in the chair reciting all the movie lines. You were definately more comfortable going in for the second procedure. Say "hi" to your awesome brother too. You two make quite a pair!!

Hope your recovery is going well. Can't wait for your results.

Thanks Janna!!!!!

Everything is going well, although when I informed my brother of what you said, he decided to tell me how funny it was listening to me string words together incorrectly while I was on the "stuff" !!!!!!

Apparently ALL of you guys thought this was funny as well!!!!!LOL

Anyway, thanks to all of you at SMG for making me feel like a million bucks----- and for helping me talk Doc into springing for the pizza at the end of the day!!!!!!!! (Sweet!!!)

My brother says hi and that he will see you again the next time we come up

Cheers!!!!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Quick Update--- Got staples out yesterday----- Feeling Great!!!!!

Very little post-op redness (as usual!! LOL) and but I still got that red smiley face around my head, of course!!!!!

Anyway, I will shoot some pics in a few days after I buzz the rest of my head-------

Can everyone agree that the FIRST night without your staples is the BEST SLEEP EVER???????

Later Guys

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Hey, B-spot. Yes, it feels great taking those things out! Is my calculation correct that you took them out on day 13? Was this date chosen by Dr. Shapiro?

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600