B spot 1st HT

the B spot

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bushy, Nah.... I had some tightness in the back/right part of my scalp so I decided to leave them in a few extra days----- Kind of irritating, but even if I was being overly concerned, I thought a few extra guaranteed days with staples in would be OK =)

Bill, no I am not as crazy as you are!!!!!!!

I have my local Doc take them out and inspect my incision to make sure that I have no issues/infections/etc..... He is really cool about it and actually commented both times how amazed he is at how my closure looks!!!!!

Sleeping Well Right Now!!!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 6 months later...

All right B-

I know you are around here...you need to update us on your progress!!

It has been seven months and maybe I missed the pics, but all of us would love to see your progress. You should be filling in real nicely at this point.

And you never responded to my pm!?!

Eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Sorry E--- and sorry to many others--- I have been through some very difficult times as of late, and emails and phone calls have really piled up.

I am going to post pics shortly--everything is coming along nicely.

I have been trying to respond back to everyone over the last week or so, so bear with me.

I have to be honest guys, I have been afraid to post my pics----I am probably back to about 75% of my original hotness, so I don't want to offend anyone =)

Later Guys,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

B-spot,

When you get back to 100% we will be ready for you bro!

We know your really busy spending all your time at the hairdresser and gazing in the mirror at your hotness!!!

Hope to see those pics soon!

NoBuzz

I added some 7 month pics for you guys.

I have to say, I am very happy with everything at this point.

Coming from where I started to now--- what a difference!!!!!

Instead of combing my hair to the side, I am able to comb it straight back which is closer to my original hair style.

Obviously, I still have some work to do, but I knew going in that I was looking at 2-3 sessions to get it right.

I was a NW6 with less than average characteristics, so it is going to take 7500-8500 grafts to get me finished up with a "thin looking" crown.

Please note: I am growing a bit more slowly during HT#2, so I have several months of maturation and increases in density to look forward to. I expect my 12-14 month pics will be very different from my 7 month pics.

The one thing I have learned about HT's is that you have to be committed to finishing the process.

For those of us with extensive baldness, there is no quick fix-- for most of us a 2 to 3 year committment is required to truly see results--- regardless of session size.

For the next session, I hope to re-build my left lateral hump--it's being a stubborn SOB and go into the crown with what is left over. At that point, I believe I will try to fue some additional grafts, etc... in order to max out --(depending on cost!!!!)

I am hopeful for 2000 grafts, but realistically 1200-1500 seems more like it.

My family and friends have been amazed at my transformation-- going from a NW6 to a guy with a hairstyle.

Couple that with the fact that NO ONE has ever even asked about a "transplant" (people who do not know me) make me very happy.

I will post some additional pics when I can, but things look really good right now!!!!!!!!

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Looks great!

So it sounds like you will have one more session and it will definitely be FUE and not strip? Will Dr. Shapiro be performing your FUE session or Dr. Rose?

Thanks for sharing your results.

Lookin' good, my friend.

Too bad we can't go back to having the pics the way they were............so much easier to compare progress.

Keep growin', B.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Sweet. You look awesome and still in the infancy. What a drastic transformation.

What no "tough guy" looks this time?

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Originally posted by hairbank:

Lookin' good, my friend.

Too bad we can't go back to having the pics the way they were............so much easier to compare progress.

Keep growin', B.

GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!!!!

Your right about the photo albums---- yuck!!!

I am going to try and put a side by side from the beginning until now to give everyone a real idea of what has been accomplished. (perhaps master Bill could pull some admin strings and help a bro' out, cough cough icon_biggrin.gif)

NN-- no tough guy looks--- too tired for that my friend!

RP-- one more strip session, then possibly some fue.

Thanks Again Guys,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

B-spot,

Your starting to look like Elvis my friend. From where you started it is amazing. I agree with you that several session regardless of size are usually needed. Either that or you have a thing for Janna or Matt or Dr Shapiro!!

Even though it takes longer you have the option of "touching up" spots that may not have turned out like you wished. It also gives your scalp some time to return some laxity for the next procedure as you know. It sucks to wait but great things come to those who are patient.

BTW how is your scar?

NoBuzz

• 6 months later...

Agreed - this would be good to see. Especially as you are a patient advocate, it would be good to demonstrate your results. Can you also show your scar photos too as all of your work has been done by Dr. Shapiro.

Thanks.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog